Oumier VLS RDA (The vert builder's dream?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Got mine yesterday. Put in a single 4mm Flatwire coil at .44ohms horizontally. Had the coil a hair too high and the flavor was good. Lowered it to where the top airflow holes hit the top of the coil at 11-130 and a very nice improvement in flavor. So far I'm very happy with it. I only have one bittersweet issue. I like the fact that the base unscrews so it makes it real easy to trim the bottom of your wick. It can be a pain in the ... though when you adjust your airflow and it wants to unscrew. Just make sure it's tightened up real good . So far no real buyers remorse. I can see though if you like to build, this is the atty for you.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Got the second one in and put in a 4mm flatwire coil at .33ohms. At 75watts this thing will make bad juice heavenly! Ooohh I love this atomizer! If I love it and all I will put in it is single coil flatwires, I'm sure all you people that want to play with verts will go ape. Eciggity got it to Ohio in 3 days. $23 with shipping. Man what a deal!

• Agree
Reactions: cigatron

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I never really understood the point of vertical coil builds. They cut your wicking performance in half since there is only one wick tail per coil in the juice well.
The performance on my Lucid is better than any other RDA I have. It has vertical coils and there is no problem whatsoever with wicking and I use 90+ vg eliquid.I also have a Triad RDTA that has 3 vertical coils. No problem wicking there either.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I never really understood the point of vertical coil builds. They cut your wicking performance in half since there is only one wick tail per coil in the juice well.

I've only used vertical coils on my Merlin Mini RTA so far - admittedly the post design on the single coil deck isn't ideal for fitting them but with some effort you can make them work. I thread 2 really thin wicks around the coil from opposite sides round in a U shape so that each wicking hole has two ends of cotton poking into it. The airflow travels straight through the coil, dragging vapour with it. Its my favourite vaping experience at the moment although I've only recently started playing with RDA's, so maybe something else will manage to take the slot as my favourite. With an RDA I can only imagine it would be easier as you could cover everything around the coil with cotton rather than fiddling around with tweezers and really thin wicks.

EDIT: I like the look of this RDA and don29palms, I just looked up the Triad as I'd not heard of it before...wow! Are you able to compare it to the Azeroth by any chance?

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Sed8op8:

Your resistance issues might be from that the base reverse threads from the deck and when you
put it on the mod or when you changed airflow, you inadvertently loosened the base.
That could cause a loose connection on the pin. It happened to me yesterday.
I tightened the deck to the base real tight and have had no issues since.
Hope this helps you.

Reactions: cigatron

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Sed8op8:

Your resistance issues might be from that the base reverse threads from the deck and when you
put it on the mod or when you changed airflow, you inadvertently loosened the base.
That could cause a loose connection on the pin. It happened to me yesterday.
I tightened the deck to the base real tight and have had no issues since.
Hope this helps you.
I am constantly tightening the deck down. Also I have tightened the post screws I also make sure there is no juice flooding that bottom connection. It's not so much the connection fluctuates (which it does sometimes) but the resistance is just off. I use a couple of different builds I'm my RDAs for my duals I use a 2x26gx38g n80 5 wraps at 3mm and it comes out to a .14-.15 and on the VLS it comes in at .2 -.21 it's very finnicky. I don't vape TC so it's not the end of the world but as someone who Vapes on mech squonkers primarily it makes for a very inconsistent vape experience. When the stars align it's fantastic however there's a chance I got a bad unit so there's thst

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Threw in a single kanthal clapton just for fun, vapes great. I'll be putting in dual verticals again soon though. This is a fun RDA to build on.

2SSFrfM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread