Outstanding service from Jay at GLV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Well here it was...."The Big Day"! The mailman approached the door with a package in his hand and I practicly assaulted him for it.Inside.....My "Brand new" GLV2. After a quick inspection I loaded it up with two Tenergy rcr 123a 3v batteries.....pushed the well constructed switch..and...Nothing!!!!:ohmy:No vapor....No 510 sizzle...Nada!!

That was the "Bad" part......Here's the good! After 5 or 6 minutes of extreme panic I decided to pick up the phone and call Jay....Left a voicemail detailing my problem...and he called me back 5 minutes later. Expecting(based on other e-cig shopping experiences)the typical "Send it back and I will fix or replace" I was overjoyed when Jay offered to meet me and figure out what the problem was(I think he knew already).

A couple short hours later I was face to face with "The Man" himself. he had previously offered to switch his own cap with mine if worse came to worse....It didn't. After letting him try my freshly charged Tenergy batts in his unit(which worked)I tried them once again in mine...Lo and behold it worked. Jay explained to me that Tenergys need to be fully charged when being used with the GLV for maximum performance(or performance in general). I had tried some half-charged batts at home and thus they failed on my first attempt at using it....My Bad!!!

Jay then showed me(and let me try) his AW 3.7v batts.......Wow....What a difference...no lag in fire power at all...and supposedly a longer time in-between batt changes.

For what was really a wasted trip for him(thank goodness it was only 20 or 30 minutes away)Turned out great for me as Jay let me have the Aw batteries....he was feeling guilty or something?...go figure!!

If everyone did buisness like this....The world would be a better place!!

Jay....Thanks so much!! You really made my day(Plus your better-half is cute as hell...LOL)

:)The Wiz!(Buy some of these batteries folks...you won't regret it)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Jay has met up with me twice now to fix my v1... all problems were my fault and he didnt even lecture me... lol... he has a customer for life with me... anything he comes out with will be bought by me... he is one of the few suppliers ive dealt with that actually care about his customers...
Come to think about he didn't lecture me either!!:unsure:....Although he was eyeballin' my Prodigy V1...LOL!!(I like the GLV2 better!)

Like you simplyrock....I value good customer service!

:)The Wiz!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Any Supplier that would meet with you to take care of your problem is going far above and beyond any expectation I have ever experienced anywhere with any product.
Greatlakesvapor proves why they are one of, if not the best out there!

It surely makes me happy I do business with Jay!
Me too Doots!! Hey....Did ya get it??????

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Me too Doots!! Hey....Did ya get it??????

Hi Wiz, not yet. Maybe tomorrow. Glad you got yours...
Nice isnt it?
Probably hits stronger than your v1 too..

I love the V1s too but the button on the GLV is like right in the right place..
It is so pocket friendly..

Thanks for asking my friend.. Hope to get it tomorrow or the next day...

I will let you know.. Waiting is always hard to do...

:mad:

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hi Wiz, not yet. Maybe tomorrow. Glad you got yours...
Nice isnt it?
Probably hits stronger than your v1 too..

I love the V1s too but the button on the GLV is like right in the right place..
It is so pocket friendly..

Thanks for asking my friend.. Hope to get it tomorrow or the next day...

I will let you know.. Waiting is always hard to do...

:mad:
Doots.......I'm sure it will hit tommorrow!!:toast:While I hold sentimental value for the PS V1.....The GLV is exceeding expectations(even after only 8 hours use),and has surpassed the V1 by volumes! For some reason it seems like I am not dripping as much(or using less liquid) than I normally do......Could be the AW batteries and the somewhat higher voltage....or just the device itself! Definatly a better hit with my 510 attys....I will most likely try my 801 and 901 attys on this beast(in a good way)tommorrow!!

Be Rootin' For Ya Tommorrow!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Sounds like a great Vape!!!!
Wiz, you get the credit/referral - I just ordered my very own GLV2.
when you mentioned using the Tenergy bats - were those from your PSV1?

Enjoy!
Woo-Hoo.......Hear that Jay??(Whats my cut?) SV......yes they are the same tenergy batts that I use with(and originally came with) my PS V1.....Seems they need to be fully charged to work with the GLV2....But they do work! I will have to see how long the battery life is with the GLV2....Hope you got the 5v!!

I think your going to like this mod!

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
WOW Wiz, that is soooo cool! I mean, JAY, that is soooo cool! What a harrowing experience, with a beautiful ending! You'ze da best, Jay! (Ya know someday I'm just gonna have to meet the man, the legend, myself when I'm in town! Greenie GLV-1 has been wanting to go see daddy anyway, and is jealous of these new buttons he hears the young whippersnappers have nowadays! I think he feels extra threatened as he also heard he will soon have a green baby GLV sibling, so I keep trying to assure him that he'll always be special and unique since he's anodized and the new little one will be powder coated! Not to mention that technically, big bro could kick lil bro's .... any day of the week!!!! But I digress, sorry to bring our family issues into this! ;))

But sheesh Jay, do you have to be *THAT* nice??? I thought I'd end up being the one who turned Wiz onto 3.7V batts in the GLV, wah wah wah! :cry: :p Hehe just funnin wit ya kids, this is a GREAT story, so glad things worked out for ya Wiz and that you're enjoying your new toy! :thumbs:

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
5V - yes of course... that IS the 'sweet spot' for me.
Matte black - with those AWesome bats, & charger.
A combined anniversary/bday present to me...
received my 1st 901 6-15-09 and literally CANNOT puff an .... log any more -
who'd a thunk it after 30 yrs 1.5 packs a day.

Thanks Jay - and Wiz... for suggesting I look into the GLV2!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
WOW Wiz, that is soooo cool! I mean, JAY, that is soooo cool! What a harrowing experience, with a beautiful ending! You'ze da best, Jay! (Ya know someday I'm just gonna have to meet the man, the legend, myself when I'm in town! Greenie GLV-1 has been wanting to go see daddy anyway, and is jealous of these new buttons he hears the young whippersnappers have nowadays! I think he feels extra threatened as he also heard he will soon have a green baby GLV sibling, so I keep trying to assure him that he'll always be special and unique since he's anodized and the new little one will be powder coated! Not to mention that technically, big bro could kick lil bro's .... any day of the week!!!! But I digress, sorry to bring our family issues into this! ;))

But sheesh Jay, do you have to be *THAT* nice??? I thought I'd end up being the one who turned Wiz onto 3.7V batts in the GLV, wah wah wah! :cry: :p Hehe just funnin wit ya kids, this is a GREAT story, so glad things worked out for ya Wiz and that you're enjoying your new toy! :thumbs:
Even though you were not my "First" miss MiA......I will always hold a special place in my heart for you!:wub:

5V - yes of course... that IS the 'sweet spot' for me.
Matte black - with those AWesome bats, & charger.
A combined anniversary/bday present to me...
received my 1st 901 6-15-09 and literally CANNOT puff an .... log any more -
who'd a thunk it after 30 yrs 1.5 packs a day.

Thanks Jay - and Wiz... for suggesting I look into the GLV2!
SV.....Thats all you really need. I was going to have my name etched on mine....but I knew it belonged to me already!!..LOL. Whatever you do make sure you get some of the 3.7v AW batts.....These make an incredible difference in vapor production!! And last but not least:

Happy 1 year Anniversary!!!
:toast:The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread