Status
Not open for further replies.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Wow. That is really insulting, and a sweeping generality: "Full" of half-rate vendors?

Electro-nic-Stix? Liquid Express? e-liquid Planet? These vendors have all been around for several years with no sign of slowing down. Some produce their own mods, all produce their own USA made juice and most sell your 'mass-market' e-cigs. (Which, work like crap for me, but that's another conversation.) Clouds of Vapor? He's a little newer, but started out as an ECF member, did his research and takes care of his customers.

Altsmoke? They didn't have their own table, but they were there selling their new mod at another table. Supporting their product. I can't think of anyone around here that would think ANY of their products were not worthy of getting for a fair price, let alone free.

I found that most of the venders there were just selling eGos. Of course there were mods...I didn't particularly see anyone buying anything though...which I thought was interesting. It just wasn't for me...I would have liked to see VaporKings...Vapor4Life...Bloog...Nhaler...LeCig...but it just occurred to me...I was the only one there using something as small as an 808...so maybe it just wasn't the place for me. I was expecting a convention where people would be showing a bunch of devices that are on their way to the market...and all I saw were eGos and a handfull of mods that have mostly been seen before.

To me..a convention is to show off upcoming products...and that is why I paid to go...to see what is coming.

My perspective must be different from yours...but I also probably am a different breed of vaper then you...I found it humorous as I walked around with my Bloog...keeping my Hybrid Mini tucked away in my backpack.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Wow...I'm surprised by all this.

When I started vaping, FieldofVapor's YouTube channel was helpful to me, and he answered my email questions very well. When I was using KR cartos and small batteries, he was really helpful to me.

I met him at Vapefest and he seemed like a really nice guy, and we had a very pleasant conversation.

I'm really surprised by his comments about the vendors at Vapefest.

This is really disappointing.

-Russ

• Deleted by cozzicon
  • Reason: Please find another way to express your displeasure.

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
I found that most of the venders there were just selling eGos. Of course there were mods...I didn't particularly see anyone buying anything though...which I thought was interesting. It just wasn't for me...I would have liked to see VaporKings...Vapor4Life...Bloog...Nhaler...LeCig...but it just occurred to me...I was the only one there using something as small as an 808...so maybe it just wasn't the place for me. I was expecting a convention where people would be showing a bunch of devices that are on their way to the market...and all I saw were eGos and a handfull of mods that have mostly been seen before.

To me..a convention is to show off upcoming products...and that is why I paid to go...to see what is coming.

My perspective must be different from yours...but I also probably am a different breed of vaper then you...I found it humorous as I walked around with my Bloog...keeping my Hybrid Mini tucked away in my backpack.

you didn't see Drew?? I talked to him for a bit, then whooped on him a for a few hands at the poker game

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
And so did Grim Green...check and mate.

Doesn't mean I agree with him, either, what, that was supposed to be a slam to me? But I also know he doesn't slam reputable vendors and try to mooch review units off of people. You must have missed that knight over there, far from checkmate.

• Deleted by cozzicon
  • Reason: Was handled between the OP and mod privately.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Wow...I'm surprised by all this.

When I started vaping, FieldofVapor's YouTube channel was helpful to me, and he answered my email questions very well. When I was using KR cartos and small batteries, he was really helpful to me.

I met him at Vapefest and he seemed like a really nice guy, and we had a very pleasant conversation.

I'm really surprised by his comments about the vendors at Vapefest.

This is really disappointing.

-Russ

Hey Russ...I guess...when someone is attacked in public...a nice guy can turn into a not so nice guy pretty quickly.

That said...I did enjoy meeting you and knowing that I helped you made everything I had done worth doing. I actually was talking about you to my girlfriend when I got home. I told her that we had talked a lot and that people like you were the reason I spent a lot of my time doing these reviews.

Sorry if I have disappointed you with some of my comments...I suppose it's possible to perhaps say things you wouldn't have said when you are angry or under attack.

Anyway...hope you are still enjoying that GLV!

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
You can twist my words into anything you want...just because I was rude to one of your buddies, and he is your buddy, you were practically riding him you loved him so much in your little product spotlight...frankly...before I spend $300 on an eclipse...I would much rather have a Darwin or a ProVari.

Michael and Mario are my friends, I talk with both of them regularly. Sorry if that's a problem! In fact, I regularly chat with Michael via phone. I talk to Bruce from Clouds of Vapor regularly too. Apparently, I'm not allowed to have friends in the vaping community. Who knew!

And if he's such a nice guy...why has he on multiple occasions felt the need to insult me in my review threads? The guy had something against me before vapefest...before this thread. I don't understand it...but just because he's nice to you...doesn't make him a nice guy.

I'm an extremely nice guy. In fact, I'm the only reviewer who regularly gives out a phone number where he can be called if anyone ever has vaping questions. I'm a regular on 4 forums, and I host a show that people turn in to watch EVERY WEEK.

Sorry your feelings got hurt by being called out. I'm going to completely disregard your statement about me making rude comments in your threads, because that just isn't factual. The only thing I have against you is the fact that you're rude and disrespectful. When you disrespect someone face to face like you did, it's bound to come back at you. Maybe you'll think twice the next time you ask for freebies...or hide the fact that you openly ask for freebies. Your target audience, who are probably not the most educated in the matter of vaping due to the products/vendors you cater to, deserve to know that you ask for handouts. How do you trust one's opinion when they beg for free stuff? That's a rhetorical question...no need to wrack your brain coming up with a line about how honest you aren't.

At least I'm open about the fact that I'm a ..... head.

Finally! Something everyone in this thread and forum can agree on!

JohnGalt

Moved On
May 14, 2010
Arizona
They were only selling eGo's because thats the only mass market ecig thats worth a ..... The problem with mass market stuff is there is no variety, ingenuity, or quality. Its all junk. no one wants to pay $50 for something that is going to die in 2 weeks. The venders there sold mods because that is what the Vapefest crowd wants. Why not, instead of trying to support a market that takes advantage of new vapers, you educate them to drive progress forward.

I understand there is a market for mass market stuff, some stuff is good for beginners but they don't satisfy and a new vapor either A. goes back to cigarettes or B. buys a mod

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Sense or Cozzicon, can either of you tell whether the atomizer itself is a separate piece from the assembly that snaps onto the battery, or would the full assembly have to be replaced?

I suspect it is. At the moment I can't test it since I don't own the unit.

Maybe Sense can tell for sure, but if he does he may be be risking the atty.

So at this point it's probably an unknown.

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Of course there were mods...I didn't particularly see anyone buying anything though...which I thought was interesting.

I wish it had been that way, I bought like seven mods, and there were some like the Altsmoke Alpha, the Copper or the ePipe that I did not get.

Yes, it was mostly advanced device users, and people far more connected to the community than the average convenience store buyer would be. Those folks aren't likely to hit up a vaping convention, and its likely that Blu and the other more average consumer oriented vendors know that, and that it is beyond their 'target' market.

I don't believe that qualifies the vendors that appeal to those sorts as 'half-rate.'

JohnGalt

Moved On
May 14, 2010
Arizona
I wish it had been that way, I bought like seven mods, and there were some like the Altsmoke Alpha, the Copper or the ePipe that I did not get.

Yes, it was mostly advanced device users, and people far more connected to the community than the average convenience store buyer would be. Those folks aren't likely to hit up a vaping convention, and its likely that Blu and the other more average consumer oriented vendors know that, and that it is beyond their 'target' market.

I don't believe that qualifies the vendors that appeal to those sorts as 'half-rate.'

I bought 5 mods as well. I spent nearly $1000 on vape gear that weekend

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
Alright guys...I guess I should have just kept my mouth shut...damn defense mechanisms!

I'll be going now. Hope you all find something that works for you!

What everyone seems to be overlooking is that Sense posted this review to show us a new product. He doesn't work for the company nor is he getting paid to take the time out to make this video, he's just trying to contribute to our community. I like Basil, his reviews are great and he seems to be a good guy...but with that said, he shouldn't have jumped on here to put Sense down like that. So, Sense wasn't impressed with the vendors...he's entitled to his own opinion, I'm sure that he wouldn't have said it in the way he did, or even at all, if he wasn't on the offensive (you should hear the stupid sh%t that comes out of my mouth when I'm .........haha). I'm not saying you guys should kiss and make up...just handle it through PM's or something...or at next years vapefest via a full contact cage match...JK!

dejo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I would suspect that if some of these that have came to this thread just to dump on it would be reprimanded if they were less than prolific posters.

Sense is entitled to his opinion, and others opinion has no place in one of his threads. I have lost a ton of repsect for many that have blabbed on his thread. I think that there are many that are ....-hurt over something.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
What everyone seems to be overlooking is that Sense posted this review to show us a new product. He doesn't work for the company nor is he getting paid to take the time out to make this video, he's just trying to contribute to our community. I like Basil, his reviews are great and he seems to be a good guy...but with that said, he shouldn't have jumped on here to put Sense down like that. So, Sense wasn't impressed with the vendors...he's entitled to his own opinion, I'm sure that he wouldn't have said it in the way he did, or even at all, if he wasn't on the offensive (you should hear the stupid sh%t that comes out of my mouth when I'm .........haha). I'm not saying you guys should kiss and make up...just handle it through PM's or something...or at next years vapefest via a full contact cage match...JK!

I would suspect that if some of these that have came to this thread just to dump on it would be reprimanded if they were less than prolific posters.

Sense is entitled to his opinion, and others opinion has no place in one of his threads. I have lost a ton of repsect for many that have blabbed on his thread. I think that there are many that are ....-hurt over something.

A. 10 out of 20 device reviews he's done use free product, and he's been caught offering an opinion on a product only after he was denied a free review unit. That's a red flag to me on what his actual opinion is on his reviews.
B. He's upset that Vapefest wasn't an industry showcase for mass-market e-cigs. Vapefest has never been about the vendors, although they've been a part of it. Vapefest is a national gathering for vapers to meet, share in their preferred hobby, and have a good time.
C. Outside of all of that, which I can ignore and deem his reviews and opinions irrelevant to myself, he decides since the vendors don't cater to his particular tastes, they are 'half rate' vendors. These are vendors who, while I may not purchase from personally, have done a lot of good for the community, have solid, proven products, continue to expand vaping beyond those wildly overpriced mass market e-cigs he cares so much about. If he had simply said the vendors didn't interest him because their products weren't to his taste, that was one thing, but he decided to insult them with his 'half rate' comment. It was an ignorant statement, and rather than correct that, he's stuck to his guns. Those vendors at Vapefest have collectively done more for the vaping community than he'd be able to do in 10 lifetimes, not bad for a bunch of 'half rate' vendors, I'd say.

If he just stepped up and said, "you know, maybe 'half rate' wasn't correct, and for that, I apologize to those vendors for making that statement", I'd let it go. But for now, to me, he's just another 'reviewer' who caters to what he can get for free, others be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread