Over Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
For a vaping coil, it is important to understand which way electrons flow and match that to the wire used to make a coil. Getting this wrong could mean you are reversing the voltage polarity which could have adverse effects. Apple flavours taste like orange, tobacco tastes like lemon pie etc. With a single coil we do not know the outcome of reverse polarity, for it can be unpredictable. But with a dual coil, opposite polarities cancel each other out and is the reason why we get so many questions on why there is no flavour to one’s juice.

The easiest method I have found to prevent the above is to remove polarity all together and create your own. To do this pour liquid nitrogen over your wire which effectively will drop its temperature to the point where it becomes a superconductor. From there, if you wrap your coil from the top in a clockwise motion you are creating a positive polarity. Electrons flow in the same direction as time and time is clockwise! Easy enough to remember. If you wind from the bottom in an anti clockwise direction you create a negative polarity. Once finished, now match the positive side of your coil to the positive post of your atomizer. It is also important that if you have a cat, make sure your feline friend is not present. Cats invented physics and have the ability to break the laws of physics. This is not to say Fluffy will play physics mind tricks on you, but you can never tell – they can be cheeky buggers! At the very least, ensure you have a surplus of mostly chicken treats by your side to keep Fluffy happy.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
For a vaping coil, it is important to understand which way electrons flow and match that to the wire used to make a coil. Getting this wrong could mean you are reversing the voltage polarity which could have adverse effects. Apple flavours taste like orange, tobacco tastes like lemon pie etc. With a single coil we do not know the outcome of reverse polarity, for it can be unpredictable. But with a dual coil, opposite polarities cancel each other out and is the reason why we get so many questions on why there is no flavour to one’s juice.

The easiest method I have found to prevent the above is to remove polarity all together and create your own. To do this pour liquid nitrogen over your wire which effectively will drop its temperature to the point where it becomes a superconductor. From there, if you wrap your coil from the top in a clockwise motion you are creating a positive polarity. Electrons flow in the same direction as time and time is clockwise! Easy enough to remember. If you wind from the bottom in an anti clockwise direction you create a negative polarity. Once finished, now match the positive side of your coil to the positive post of your atomizer. It is also important that if you have a cat, make sure your feline friend is not present. Cats invented physics and have the ability to break the laws of physics. This is not to say Fluffy will play physics mind tricks on you, but you can never tell – they can be cheeky buggers! At the very least, ensure you have a surplus of mostly chicken treats by your side to keep Fluffy happy.

Probably unnecessary disclaimer:

Please be aware he is joking

• Disagree
Reactions: HigherStateD

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Electrons flow in the same direction as time and time is clockwise! Easy enough to remember. If you wind from the bottom in an anti clockwise direction you create a negative polarity. Once finished, now match the positive side of your coil to the positive post of your atomizer. It is also important that if you have a cat
I think my mind just suffered reverse polarity trying to wrap that in a clockwise fashion around my brain....physics is a wonderful thing.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
It’s true. Stick+mud=me.

Noobs can believe the darndest things though.
Yeah, I understand. But I kind of think anyone who believed that post would almost deserve to get blowed up real good for the overall health of the species.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Probably unnecessary disclaimer:

Please be aware he is joking

No, it is fact. Kitties like treats of mostly chicken. I should have added they also enjoy morsels of bacon bites as well – and probably a good idea to have some on hand!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, I understand. But I kind of think anyone who believed that post would almost deserve to get blowed up real good for the overall health of the species.
A common opinion about noobs in general, but everyone was a noob once. Knowledge is not inherent

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
A common opinion about noobs in general, but everyone was a noob once. Knowledge is not inherent.
I have nothing against noobs. I'm still one myself in lots of ways. But believing that post would be an indicator of far worse than mere ignorance. I stand by my harsh words.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not-Feeling-Too-Well-Right-Now-Reaction-Gif.gif

Nothing to contribute here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread