Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
IMO all those "coilers" do is make a pretty coil. They do not wind under tension, rather they just mechanically form un-tensioned wire around a rod. Not gonna see any improvements in your vape with coils made on these devices - expect more of a vape like you get if you ever get an atty with a premade coil in it.

The gizmo is the best IMO. If you have to rebuild on the road, prolly better to prewind some coils and throw em in the kit than to settle for vaping a formed coil :)

Moodyfisherman

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
City of Destiny, Wa
after reading about tension coil building, i got myself "artistic wire coiling gizmon". need some hardware, but it looks like it will coil very nice from the video.

Yes this is Da Bomb....been using it exclusively for about 6 months....tight perfect coil everytime....got to try it to like it...:D

Moodyfisherman

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
City of Destiny, Wa
You can always tighten your coils on the RDA: Mount them as close to the posts as possible (even if they are touching). put the rod in the coil and pull it away from the posts, causing the wraps to tighten around the rod.

Yeah but why "tighten it" on the RBA when it's done tight on the coiling Gizmo?...twist and done...bada bing.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Definitely agree that the Gizmo is the best, but I just got this one from Discount Vapers. For $7.99. it is nice. Really heavy duty, and the one I will travel with. Of course I could always just take extra coils with me, but that's no fun, and I like gadgets anyway. :)

VM2.jpg VM3.jpg

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
i got some of the tobeco kuro coiler clones from eciggity for 8$ each. they are nice and compact and travel friendly. coulda gotten em cheaper from fasttech but i didnt want to wait over a month for shipping. ordered driptips from them last month and still havent received em. The kuro coilers are just a quick n easy tool used when you want to fuss coil making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread