Overwhelmed and need e-cig for travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
Hello everyone. :)

I know that newbies asking questions that have been asked a million times before can be VERY irritating! I hope this hasn't been asked and answered before, but I just wasn't sure where to even begin to search.

I just heard about e-cigs a few months ago. I'm going on vacation where I'll be staying at a VERY anti-smoking resort (aren't they all, though?). They will let me smoke on our private balcony, but "if anyone complains, you will be forbidden to smoke there again". *Sigh* So, since I have no desire to have my vacation ruined by having to walk 2 miles for my morning cigarette, I'd like to have an e-cig on hand just in case. They seem rather expensive and hard to find (the Joye 501 is anyway), and I'm on a strict budget at the moment. Can anyone recommend something inexpensive that I can try? Is there a "temporary starter kit" kind of thing out there? Thank you so much! :oops:

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
JLeigh;

Sure, I got four of them Health Electronic Cigarettes. I got mine off Amazon.com. $23.00 plus ship/handling. They look like a pack of cigarettes with a built in battery charger. I would recommend you get two packs--you'll be charging one battery while you use the other.

Oh yeal, it's my first post on here to!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Trying something cheap is just going to lead to disappointment and failure to use the devices. You'll end up spending MORE because you want something decent.

You can get a great 510 starter kit in numerous places. I got ours from libertyecig.com and it's only $49.95 for 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, 4 carts and your choice of color and a/c or usb charger. If I remember correctly, he even threw in some extra fill & free shipping.

buy 2 of those ones from Amazon and it's practically the same price for an inferior product.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Agree with Kristen about trying a cheap unit to start out. You will be very disappointed. You can get a good 510 kit from cignot for $35. The catch? There is no box. That's it. So if you don't need the fancy packaging, this is the way to go. You get 2 batteries, and 2 atomizers, along with some cartridges and the charger. Order some juice, and 1 extra pack of cartridges, and you're good to go. You should get your kit the 3rd business day after ordering.
Joye 510 kit no box

I just took a look at those being offered at Amazon. Do yourself a favor and stick to known vendor, who participates in these forums.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Trying something cheap is just going to lead to disappointment and failure to use the devices. You'll end up spending MORE because you want something decent.

You can get a great 510 starter kit in numerous places. I got ours from libertyecig.com and it's only $49.95 for 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, 4 carts and your choice of color and a/c or usb charger. If I remember correctly, he even threw in some extra fill & free shipping.

Buy 2 of those ones from Amazon and it's practically the same price for an inferior product.

Good advice from Kristin. If you get something like Health Electronics you will just be frustrated and disappointed. Get a good manual battery device like the 510.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Well if you quit smoking on the day you get it; then you will start to save money if your not buying/and buying lol....

Anyway you could just bite the built, and buy a Prodigy. Plus if you don't like it they re-sale here very well.

PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!

Most people only vape at tops 15ml a week. So if you bought say a bottle from them at 30 dollars for 60Ml. Then it could last a month.

Nhaler they have some very tasty E-Liquid at a very good price.

If you have a while for your trip you could order from China, and save even more on E-Liquid prices.

BestEcig-Newest Mini E-cigarette|E-cigarette|wholesale e-liquid

Rob also has some very nice prices on the 901 in the US. 10% off if you order over 50usd with the code ECF

Vapor Kings - DSE801, RN4072, DSE901 and RN4075 e-Cigarette supplies

andrew

Sep 9, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Hello everyone. :)

I know that newbies asking questions that have been asked a million times before can be VERY irritating! I hope this hasn't been asked and answered before, but I just wasn't sure where to even begin to search.

I just heard about e-cigs a few months ago. I'm going on vacation where I'll be staying at a VERY anti-smoking resort (aren't they all, though?). They will let me smoke on our private balcony, but "if anyone complains, you will be forbidden to smoke there again". *Sigh* So, since I have no desire to have my vacation ruined by having to walk 2 miles for my morning cigarette, I'd like to have an e-cig on hand just in case. They seem rather expensive and hard to find (the Joye 501 is anyway), and I'm on a strict budget at the moment. Can anyone recommend something inexpensive that I can try? Is there a "temporary starter kit" kind of thing out there? Thank you so much! :oops:

You don't have to spend a lot to get a basic starter kit, but you need to know the right place to look and the right model to get. Start with either a DSE901 or JOYE510 and make sure it is a manual push-button style. Some of the cheap kits on amazon and elsewhere just don't compare, and aren't worth anything.

Rockymountainvapor.com has a basic DSE901 starter kit for $23. I just bought their normal starter kit for $43, but I wanted the wall charger, and the basic only has a USB charger. There are other vendors that carry this basic kit for a similar price like heaven-gifts.com (formerly ruyandirect.com)

Scamz

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Wembley, London, England
Depending on what u want you should make your choice depending on what you want. If you want it to look like a cig ur gunna want a supermini, if u care less u can go 901, 510 or 801. if ur primary concern is battery go for one of the numerous battery boxes.

Your next question should be what type of vapor do u want? (if ur going down the looking like a cigarette route, u have no options you can only get a supermini) The 901 is not a huge vapor producer, but the flavor it produces is really nice, the 510 and 801 have similar vapor production but the 510 giver more throat hit but less taste and a thick vapor, the 801 hass more taste (but less than the 901) and light refreshing airy vapor.

make a decision based on ur atty choice and u will not be disappointed.

What i have done is bought the janty stick and all the atomizer adapters so i can use different atomizers depending on what vapor i want, this set up, although not cheap is a really good set up.

thanks for reading.

andrew

Sep 9, 2009
New Mexico, USA
That's great advice (quote in bold below) for anyone buying anything ever. The problem is that the new guys, myself included, don't know what we want because we have no experience vaping and can't even see or try anything before buying it. The super mini's might be a good choice if your primary concern is that it look like a real cigarette. But if that takes precedence over anything, then you would just smoke or display an analog. There are a lot of other things a new guy won't pay attention to that are important.

The super-minis don't come in manual push-button models. The auto actuation can be a PITA for numers reasons and not trigger properly. Can they still work? Yes. Would I recommend them as a first model? No, not for someone new because this could fowl their experience when just getting into vaping when they need something that just works. Maybe I might even consider a supermini, but after I already have a good tried and true 901 manul style that just does what it needs to.

The minis (901, 510) which are slightly larger also don't look too much less like a real cig anyway if ordered in white with a red/orange led.

Finally, you didn't recommend any supermini models. Do you know of any decent models?

For someone just getting into vaping, skip the BS, and go for one of the three models I posted (901, 510, or 801) which are tried and true and perform in all of the necessary areas. After that you can experiment with other models. Just my 2 cents.

Depending on what u want you should make your choice depending on what you want. If you want it to look like a cig ur gunna want a supermini, if u care less u can go 901, 510 or 801. if ur primary concern is battery go for one of the numerous battery boxes.

Your next question should be what type of vapor do u want? (if ur going down the looking like a cigarette route, u have no options you can only get a supermini) The 901 is not a huge vapor producer, but the flavor it produces is really nice, the 510 and 801 have similar vapor production but the 510 giver more throat hit but less taste and a thick vapor, the 801 hass more taste (but less than the 901) and light refreshing airy vapor.

make a decision based on ur atty choice and u will not be disappointed.

What i have done is bought the janty stick and all the atomizer adapters so i can use different atomizers depending on what vapor i want, this set up, although not cheap is a really good set up.

thanks for reading.

Scamz

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Wembley, London, England
If i can give my honest opinion without getting flamed i would recommend the janty stick and forget all together about superminis. i bought one a while ago and just gave it to my mate because it had nothing on my 510. i really do think the stick is the way forward, because u can use any atty if u have the adapters. mainly i use the stick with a 510 adapter but i always carry a 901 and 801 atty wherever i go.

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow, thanks for all the replies! I'm slowly digesting the information. I'm still extremely overwhelmed, but am trying to learn. I did decide that my decision can't be based on only cost. What good does it do me to spend 20 bucks on something that won't work right? Then I'll just be out the 20.

I do know that what I DON'T want is something that looks just like a real cigarette. I don't want to be hassled just because somebody *thinks* I'm smoking tobacco.

I also realized that I probably shouldn't get tobacco-flavored nicotine. I doubt it will taste the same, and I think that will just disappoint me --I can't be expecting a true "cig experience" out of an electronic device. Anyway, I'm going to read this thread again and try to digest the information. When I have questions, and I will lol, I'll post them in this thread. Thanks again! :)

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
Yeah. E-cigarettes have what can seem to be an insurmountable learning curve. Going with everyone else's suggestion for the 510. It should be easy to travel with. I'll also make my usual suggestion for Rocky Mountain Vapor. If you need it at a very reasonable price and soon...not months from now, RMV is a good idea. You should be able to find what you need. I won't make any suggestions about juice because it really depends on your smoking habit. But, as far as parts and nicotine liquid are concerned more than you need is always a good idea.

lowwkeyy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
TX USA
dfwvapor.com
510 ( pic a vendor from the main page all are good some are better ) battery life sucks but all else is good ( 2 atty 2 battery 1 charge ) and get two flavors of juice or carts
50ish bucks

janty stick v2 is the best of the 5x units i have tried ( excluding mods )( pic a vendor of your choice ) long battery life get an extra atty and 2x flavor of carts or juice
79 +shipping + juice or cart cost )

a warning , odds are you will enjoy the above models MORE than you enjoy smoking good 'ol tobacco

good luck and enjoy the vaca

I picked up mine for travel 7x weeks ago and still have 4 cartons of smokes in the freezer untouched

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread