Overwhelmed By AD-Review Sites / Best Starter Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portmanteau

Jun 6, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi, I'm new to ecigs, with only Blu experience that almost burned my fingers when it broke. I've spent hours trying to research what to get online and am overwhelmed with the number of dishonest ad-review sites. I've read so much conflicting information on this and other sites that I'm not sure what to do. I'm looking for something has great battery life and hopefully something that looks sleek, like an eGo-c but looks aren't a big priority. (Things recommended seem to be: dual coil, clearomizer, 3.7-5Volt, as many mAh as possible, etc.) Price isn't a problem and I'm ready to jump straight in. Sorry if this is the same question repeated but I'm new and hopefully here to stay. Thanks for reading! :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
For ease of use and good battery lasting and fast charging I recommend looking at the Halo Triton, it is an ego shaped batt but is smaller than most even the 1300 mah is not very big compared to a twist. I have many twists and they are just not holding up. The Triton is a good choice and can be used with 808 cartos or the Triton tank. I have alot of other PV's including a Provari, but for ease of use and portable the Triton is great. Cartos are less fiddly than clearos, but the Tritan tank which is a clearo, is the best I have tried for clearos. Have fun! bnrk

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Welcome to ECF!

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun. We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you! :)

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF!! :vapor:

Sonic
2gcn212.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'd suggest a couple of 1300 Spinners, with maybe a T3 or Evod on top. MyVaporStore has a good price on a kit of those.

I've had good luck with Spinners - going on 6 months on one of mine, no problems. Variable voltage (VV) is a great option, so you can tune your vape to suit your tastes.

And welcome to ECF. You're found the right place to get all your vaping questions answered!

Portmanteau

Jun 6, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi and welcome to ECF. I'd suggest watching PV reviews by some high respected Vet vapers/ members of ECF.
TasteYourJuice.com
GrimmGreenIndustries
E-Cig-Reviews.com - Electronic cigarette and E-Liquid video reviews, tutorials, user guides and discount codes

Thanks for the links. I'm still staring at a long list here with these but at least I know where to start. Anything you think would be perfect for me?: http:/..................../wordpress/hardware-recommendations/
http://grimmvideos.tumblr.com/

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Hi, I'm new to ecigs, with only Blu experience that almost burned my fingers when it broke. I've spent hours trying to research what to get online and am overwhelmed with the number of dishonest ad-review sites. I've read so much conflicting information on this and other sites that I'm not sure what to do. I'm looking for something has great battery life and hopefully something that looks sleek, like an eGo-c but looks aren't a big priority. (Things recommended seem to be: dual coil, clearomizer, 3.7-5Volt, as many mAh as possible, etc.) Price isn't a problem and I'm ready to jump straight in. Sorry if this is the same question repeated but I'm new and hopefully here to stay. Thanks for reading! :)

Welcome to the forum- you're right to be skeptical. Keep this in mind when reading any reviews-

1. Some reviews are paid for by the vendor and therefore may not represent a truly independent view of the product. In some cases they are a form of advertising - and adverts don't tell you what is wrong with the product.
2. Reviewers' websites may contain affiliate links, and an enthusiastic review might lead you to click a link and then purchase the product.This results in paying a fee to the reviewer (called an affiliate commission). While most reviews may be accurate and independent, we cannot guarantee this is always the case.
3. Honest reviews always flag up faults - because no product is perfect.
4. No review of a brand new product just received by a reviewer can be considered accurate: faults may not show up for a few days.

I'm sure one of our members will be along to help with selecting a pv and some links.

Great to have you here.

Portmanteau

Jun 6, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks very much! Glad to be here.
Welcome to ECF!

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun. We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you! :)

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF!! :vapor:

Sonic
2gcn212.png

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I'd suggest a couple of 1300 Spinners, with maybe a T3 or Evod on top. MyVaporStore has a good price on a kit of those.

I've had good luck with Spinners - going on 6 months on one of mine, no problems. Variable voltage (VV) is a great option, so you can tune your vape to suit your tastes.

And welcome to ECF. You're found the right place to get all your vaping questions answered!

I would certainly second this as the spinners or twists are good devices that are light weight. last a long time and I would add evod tank also as it is a performer and is easy to use and cheap. I use them almost exclusively and I've had every PV in the book. Been vaping for 4 years.. Works for me and that is what I recommend to all new vapers I meet..

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Spinners/twists/even ego type batteries are a good choice to start.

Here's the link to My Vapor Store
Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore

The T3 recommended is a juice delivery system that fits on your battery- you can read about different types here
Clearomizers

Portmanteau

Jun 6, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks for the reply! Will look into those but now have 18 choices on the list. This is a bit arduous :)

Portmanteau

Jun 6, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks for your reply :) I know, it's just that the grey area between reviews and referral links is murky and hard to make out. Glad I found this site and people like you.
Welcome to the forum- you're right to be skeptical. Keep this in mind when reading any reviews-

1. Some reviews are paid for by the vendor and therefore may not represent a truly independent view of the product. In some cases they are a form of advertising - and adverts don't tell you what is wrong with the product.
2. Reviewers' websites may contain affiliate links, and an enthusiastic review might lead you to click a link and then purchase the product.This results in paying a fee to the reviewer (called an affiliate commission). While most reviews may be accurate and independent, we cannot guarantee this is always the case.
3. Honest reviews always flag up faults - because no product is perfect.
4. No review of a brand new product just received by a reviewer can be considered accurate: faults may not show up for a few days.

I'm sure one of our members will be along to help with selecting a pv and some links.

Great to have you here.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Thanks very much :) Do you mean the batteries of the Twist's arent holding up or they are leaking? Wondering also if you would suggest any mods for the Triton

The twist is a type of ego battery that has a dial on the base that allows you to adjust voltage. The Joye Twist and Vision Spinner are two different models. The Twist is slightly longer, the Spinner slightly wider.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks for the links. I'm still staring at a long list here with these but at least I know where to start. Anything you think would be perfect for me?: ="http:/..................../wordpress/hardware-recommendations/"
Grimm's Video Archive

You're welcome. It depends on:
how much you smoked per day?
are you looking for a cig sized, slightly larger or a Tube Mod?
Are you wanting to buy a Variable Voltage or a set voltage PV (personal vaporizer)
When I first began I used ECF and YouTube as a starting point combined with the review sites I listed. With each PV that interested me I came back to ECF and researched issues and problems.
I have many PVs but for out and about I use the VV Spinner. While at home I use the Vamo.
Here's Vamo review by PBusardo:

Here's a Spinner review- comes in diff sizes- 400 mah- 1300 mah. 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...5905-visions-ego-vv-spinner-gotvapes-usa.html

Before I bought my first PV I spent over 200 hrs researching and it paid off. Nowadays everyone is into variable voltage as the price has come down considerably. The Spinner is a nice step up from the Blu.
Best of Luck.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
As several have suggested, I wish I had asked this question before jumping in. Wherever you start, you are likely to end up with more advanced equipment later on anyways, making your first purchase an important backup. Knowing a little about the thousands in equipment I have purchased, I wish I had started with a variable voltage ego type device like a spinner, or a twist, two of each per person. Second, I wish evods had been available when I started as they are an excellent combination of flavor, vapor, ease of use, and cost. They also look great on the ego type batteries. Eventually, you find what is important to you. Evods hold only 1.5 ml of juice. Maybe you will want a larger capacity, more power, longer battery life. For that you'll have to go mod with many delivery systems available. Since I still use ego batteries and evods when I'm "out on the town" with the wife, you simply cannot go wrong starting there. However, at home I use several different mods including provari, sigelei and eVic, and love them all. I also use many different tank systems.

The real fun to me though IS the journey. As a former smoker, I find it irresistible not to continue to add to my collection, to experiment frequently, to search for the vape of all vapes, and to compulsively try everything...and I like it! I'm lucky to have found vaping and the ECF forum. Thanks guys!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks again :) I'm also a research nut and am narrowing it down due to the sheer volume of recommendations. Right now I'm looking at:
Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1100mAh/1300mAh
Kanger T3 vs. Kanger Evod
How does that sound?
Is this kit the bee's knees? http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

You're welcome. That Spinner Kit is very reasonably priced. As for the Kanger T3 vs. Kanger Evod I've never used them so I'll have to bow out.
Sounds like you're well on your way :thumbs:
I own both Spinners and Twists and prefer the Spinner because of the shorter length, the visible voltage markings and the knurled easy to use voltage dial.

GwenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Welcome!
It can be very overwhelming at first but there are so many veterans eager to help. I am fairly new as well and found that reading and researching vendors is the key. My first kit came from Litecig. I still buy my Joye stuff through them as I am East Coast. My orders ship within a couple of hours and I get them within two days. I found the Ego-C Twist to be a good starting place and I use them for my to-go needs. That is all my husband uses. I now use a Vamo and a tank setup but would advise on making sure vaping is going to "stick" before investing a fortune.

Good luck.
Gwen

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Until recently, the T3 had some leaking issues. However, very recently the T3/MT3 changed the base and head. the T3 now uses the Kanger protank head/coil, and it works very good, as it does on the protank. I have more than half a dozen of each. I prefer the evod myself, but the larger capacity T3 is not far behind. I vape a lot so the evod has to be refilled about twice as often as the T3. If you change flavors a lot, the evod then becomes helpful, not repetitive. I think the evod gives the best combination of flavor, vapor, ease of use and cost compared to all other clearomizers. I haven't tried them all, but I have missed many either. The evod is probably the number one recommended device on the ECF for starters, from what I can tell. Also, the spinner is slightly better than the twist because it's easier to read the markings on the vv, it's slightly smaller than the twist, and it has slightly more power on the larger models. I have both, though and continue to use them, particularly when I'm away from home. Half the fun though IS the journey. From your selections under consideration, I would say you can't go terribly wrong, and no matter where you start, these devices often become back up devices later on depending on what works best for you, i.e., longer battery life, more power, more voltage, more capacity, more, more, more... Good luck and happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread