Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Today I have a top airflow rta for review, the Oxva Arbiter. The first rta designed and produced by OXVA.

Interesting uniqueness of this top airflow rta is that it has 100% top to bottom airflow.

Specifications:

Packaging:

- 1 x Arbiter RTA (bubble glass)
- 1 x Straight glass tube
- 2 x Fused clapton coil
- 2 x Shoelace cotton
- 1 x Accessory bag
- 1 x User manual

Review:

It is a big RTA; at the very base it measures 26.5mm but the middle of the base measures 28mm. I received two color options, black and stainless steel. Both RTA’s look great, but for me the branding is a bit overexaggerated. There is simply a bit too much branding, especially on the outer chamber, a logo and in big letter ARBITER. It would have been nice if only the logo was put onto the outer chamber. And what about the red O-rings? A strange esthetic decision in my opinion. Good news is that a 2nd batch has been produced by OXVA with matching O-rings, so for the black RTA black O-rings and the SS RTA white O-rings.

Machining wise this RTA feels extremely well made, there is however a slight difference between the black and stainless steel, and then I am mainly referring to the top-cap. The Stainless Steel one has quite sharp corners compared to the black one. It is not extremely sharp to cut yourself, but I do feel a difference. Probably because of the layer of black paint the black one is less sharp. But overall, both feel solid.

A nice-half turn top-cap uncovers two large enough fill-holes that are slightly built inside the top, meaning that you can poor liquid even on the sides and it will flow into the tank. With the bubble glass you get 6ml capacity which is proper, with straight 4ml. A tool is included in the packaging, but I have no idea what it is meant for, it is also not written in the manual. First, I thought it is used to unscrew the top-base from the tank to be able to release the airflow ring. I tried but couldn’t get it to loosen.

In general, it is easy to take apart this RTA, but the airflow ring is (as far as I tried) stuck to the top of the RTA. Wish it was possible to take off the airflow ring for cleaning purposes.

When unscrewing the deck, which has really nice threading, you will straight away know what the top to bottom airflow is about. An airflow inner piece/shaft drops out. What this piece does, it blocks all air around the deck apart from the bottom sides. Since the deck is raised up quite a bit, the airflow automatically is pushed up towards the bottom of the coils.

Wide open this tank has really a lot of airflow, like really a lot. No matter which airflow setting you have it at, it sounds very smooth. For me the best airflow setting start from half closed to ¾ closed.

It is hard to find much easier decks than this one. Because it is raised so high it is easy to clip your coils from underneath the posts. Just drop in the coils, fasten the screws and clip the coil-legs. You can get away with dual 3.5mm ID coils on this deck, but I have been mainly using it with Dual 3.0mm ID coils.

Wicking slots don’t look very big, but I think it’s an illusion because the deck is quite large. No issues wicking this RTA at all, also no need to comb out the cotton extremely much. What I did learn overtime with this RTA is that the best is to not force the cotton all the way to the bottom of the deck, but to simply ‘lay’ the end of the cotton on top of the wicking ports. When I was first wicking I kind of forced the cotton down, but that causes a massive issue with chain-vaping. Since the deck is so high, the liquid needs more time to get up there, the longer the cotton, the least success with chain-vaping. After just laying the cotton on top of the wick-port I had no issues with chain vaping.

Best part for me is the vape of this RTA. Since it is a top-airflow RTA I need to judge that way as well, because from my general experience bottom-airflow is not yet beaten (and probably won’t be) by a top airflow RTA. But this one is extremely good for a top airflow RTA, the best out there in my opinion if I am talking about the vape. Very good flavor and a very smooth airflow, no matter in which setting. Flavor wise it even gets close to my favorite flavor banger, the Dovpo Blotto.

One disappointment on this RTA is that it’s a no-no for single coil builds. I tried several coils with different ways of wicking, but the flavor is simply very blunt. And that is because the deck first is maybe a bit too big for that, and second of all the airflow system is just not made for single coils. When placing the coil in the middle, the airflow simply does not touch the coil. When putting on the side there is too much airflow from the other side coming through, taking away the flavor.

Conlusion:

A very solidly made and extremely well performing top airflow RTA. Easy to build, large capacity, smooth airflow and very good flavor.

I have only two things to complain about; not very good performer as a single coil RTA and a bit too much branding.

Also nice to see that Oxva straight away listened to the reviewers and made the adjustment with the O-ring color, because let's be fair, red does not fit.

Would I recommend this RTA? Yes if you are looking for a top airflow, leakproof RTA. In my opinion this RTA is miles further than for example the Zeus X.

Overall, very good job Justin Lai and Oxva, keep up the good work.

Thank you for reading, let me know if you have questions!

Take care,

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread