Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

It has been a while! Today I have a new rta by Oxva for review the Arbiter Solo. It is an rta designed to both perform as an MTL and RDL tank because of its unique dual airflow control.

Special thanks to Woonsy from Oxva for sending me this kit for review.

Specifications:

Packaging:

Arbiter Solo RTA*1
Bubble glass tank 4ml (pre-installed)*1
Straight glass tank 2ml*1
Fused Clapton coil*1
Shoelace cotton*1
Accessory bag*1

Review:

Looks remind me of quite a bit of one of my favorite RTA's, the Geekvape Ammit MTL RTA. Also, it looks pretty much the same, but smaller, as the Oxva Arbiter. Overall, I think this RTA looks nice, just the branding on the bell could have been minimalized to either only the writing ARBITER or only the logo. Machining wise it feels proper and I have not had any issues with the threading on this RTA.

What makes this RTA special is the top-cap and inner-chamber. They are connected through a turning-mechanism allowing the user to switch between a restrictive MTL or looser RDL vape. As shown with the writing on the top-cap, turned to the left sets it to MTL and turned to the right to RDL. So, what happens is that the moving part inside the chamber moves next to the build-deck and dependent on the setting different air slots will be closed or opened. I do find it very useful and there is clearly a difference in the airflow. I think for MTL setting it directs the airflow to solely the bottom of the coil and at RDL it also opens the sides creating a three-direction airflow.

Next to the top-cap airflow adjustment there is regular top-airflow adjustment. The different openings allow for a very loose to very tight draw. The sleeve opening on the airflow ring allows for several holes to be opened at once and the single ring-hole for a specific hole to be uncovered. Really like the airflow on this tank, can get my sweet spot for a tight MTL draw, and RDL draw. It also sounds very smooth, close to silent.

Top-fill is something I had to get used to. It is threaded but also you need to pull the top-cap up to release it from the tank, that is because of the MTL/RDL setting system as the pin is inserted from the top as well. Two large enough fill-holes can be found which are slightly embedded inside the top for easy, mess-free filling. Capacity wise its all good with the choice between the straight 2ml glass 4ml bubble glass. For MTL I find the straight glass enough.

The chamber needs to be eye-balled onto the base of the tank. There is two tiny bits that stick out on the build deck and need to be inserted and aligned with the rectangular-shaped cut-out on the chamber. This again has to do with the secondary airflow system, as it functions as a stopper both ways (MTL & RDL). On the inside of the chamber you get an idea on how the secondary airflow system works. It has different openings cut into an internal moving chamber. Turning to MTL allows only for the bottom airflow and turning to RDL will open both side airflow slots on the build-deck.

Deck is easy to build on, just wish they used flathead or Philips head screws instead of hex. Flathead and Philips head screwdrivers everyone has for this size screwheads, hex not. They could have included spare flathead screws for example. Coil-legs clamp well into place, no issues there, all very simple. It is recommended to use a longer coil rod to make it easier to position the coil. The U-shaped channel allows for coils up to 3mm, but with thicker wire you might not fit 3mm in there. I used some clapton wire 26g+32g and 3mm really is the maximum, almost touching the sides.

Ports for your cotton are large enough and I find not combing out 3mm shoe-lace cotton to be perfect, it does not site in there too tight and wicks very well. Have not experienced any issues with the vape being dry, even when chain vaping at 45-50 watts it keeps up very well.

It vapes really outstanding this RTA, both MTL and RDL. Flavor is very good for a top-airflow RTA. Considering its airflow options and its smoothness it is just a very well performing RTA. For me this one is better than the original Arbiter. I know they are entirely different types of tanks, but the Solo is just great in almost everything.

Conclusion:

If you like vaping both DTL/RDL and MTL but don't want to invest in two tanks, then this RTA is a very good choice. Even if you are just vaping MTL or RDL I would recommend this RTA as it does both great.

Easy to build on, lovely smooth vape and great flavor. The dual airflow control is really nice and makes your control over your airflow very accurate.

Only downsides I have are the screwheads being hex and the limited coil size (3mm) you can use.

This tank is available for 35$ through this link:

https://www.oxva.com/products/oxva-arbiter-solo-rta-25mm-4ml

Thank you very much for your attention, have a good day!

Sjoerd

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
Received mine today, everything is as described in the review! Working perfectly on my Aegis solo!
b56bee055f6595218e2a6fa9ef6ebac0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread