Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there,

Today for review I have a new product from Oxva, the Velocity. My first product I reviewed for Oxva, the Origin X, impressed me a lot. The RDTA on that device is amazing, let's see what the new Velocity is all about.

One of the main things about the Velocity is its versatility. Yes, it is a 21700 box mod, but can also be used as a 21700 pod-mod.

Won't be adding any specification pictures this time as I need the space for my own pictures, see this link for specifications: OXVA Velocity, Smallest 21700 Box Mod 100W w/ MTL/RTL RBA

In the box:

• 1 x Velocity Device
• 1 x Unipro 0.15ohm(Airflow ring included)
• 1 x Unipro 0.3ohm
• 1 x Unipro Cartridge(5ML)
• 1 x Unicoil Cartridge(5ML)
• 1 x Disassembly tool
• 1 x USB Type-C cable
• 1 x Warranty card
• 1 x Attention Card
• 1 x User manual

Review:

As you might have seen on the packaging pictures, this is a special Christmas edition. Additionally, in the box you can find a tiny letter with Christmas wishes and additional stickers, very nice little touch. The general contents are however also quite unique. I don't recall any company adding a 510-adaper straight into the box, it even was preinstalled presenting the device as a 21700 box-mod. Another interesting addition is an additional pod that is not compatible with the coils in the box, but with the Uni coils from the Origin X. The company basically gives you the option to use that pod in case you still had Uni coils on stock. All these unique additions are by me extremely well appreciated, no need to waste time and money on a 510-adapter is a major win. For those that want to carry it on a lanyard, it is included, but for me the device is too large to carry around my neck.

Very nice-looking device which lays nicely in the hand. It is a bit taller than your regular pod-mod, almost like a stick. White-Gold side panels look gorgeous, but I would have preferred to receive one of the leather panels. Not much branding going on, just Velocity on one side of the device. The metallic outer constructions feels solid, just like the device in general.

Buttons work well, but I would have preferred to see a bit larger and more sticking out fire-button. It simply feels a bit too small for the size of the mod. Navigation buttons are fine in size and also react well. No rattling nor cheap-feel which I like.

Battery door is a bit loose when no battery is inserted, not a fan in general of such doors. But when inserting a battery, both 18650 and 21700 it clicks well into place and does not rattle. I do have a feeling it opens a bit too easily, but it never opened on its own. Probably one of the main features of this device is that it takes a 21700, very nice.

One turning on the device a very bright and over viewable screen shows. You cannot adjust brightness, but it is very bright. On this screen you will find the power output, ohms, puff-timer, puff-counter, battery bar and in the left top the X from Oxva. Overall a very nice screen.

There is several functions on this device:
- 5 clicks: Turn on/off
- 3 clicks while on: Opens a side menu where you switch between SMART, Power and Voltage, also here you can adjust the UI color scheme.
- Hold up and down: Locks/Unlock the wattage, can still fire.
- Hold fire and up: Here you are also able to change the UI color scheme.
- Hold fire and down: Reset the puff counter

Since I am a wattage vaper this device offers all I need, for TC this is a no. Voltage mode has a max output of 8V. Smart function is useful especially when using the stock-coils, it recognizes the coil and has a wattage block when it reaches the maximum suggested wattage. A nice additional safety for your stock-coils. In case you want to not have this limitation just switch to Power mode. It allows for adjustment between 5-100W in 1W increments, it does round robin at 100W back to 5 and scrolls fast when held down.

Talking about versatility, the device comes out of the box as a box mod with the adapter installed, very nice. The adapter is not a magnetic type of adapter, it clicks properly into place. Your adapter will never fall off on it own. In the kit you get a special tool to screw onto the 510 connector and pull out the adapter. It can also be down without the tool by strongly pulling one of its sides up. Once the adapter is installed it does wiggle a bit left and right, but it’s not disturbing me.

Additionally, you get the two pods, one for the Unipro coils which are included in the kit and one for the Uni coils which can be purchased separately if you don’t have any on stock from previous Oxva devices. Both pods have the same comfortable top-fill. The rubber plug is accessible and the fill-hole is large enough. In some cases you might need to take off the drip-tip as it might be in the way, but I did not have to with large 120ml bottles.

Pods connect with magnets, strong enough to hold the pod inserted in the device. Nice thing is that you can see the liquid level properly once inserted, always important. 6ml is a proper amount of liquid for such pod. The drip-tips are 510, but I would have preferred 810, especially when vaping at higher wattages. Still it is good you can use any of your 510's on here that have O-rings. Only one drip-tip is included, for me it is a very comfortable one.

Coils press fit in the bottom of the pod. To be able to insert the coil you need to also screw on the airflow ring onto the coil. I am not much liking separate airflow rings because they can get lost and then you are done vaping until you find a new one. It would have been nice of airflow was adjustable on the device itself or if the coils have a fixed airflow ring. You just get one airflow ring in the kit, so be careful.

Beautiful vape of these coils, flavor is really good and the clouds are dense. The 0.15ohm coil is the one more of my liking, it vapes great at 60w and 80w. 80w for me is getting just a bit too warm. Airflow ring allows for much air or very restricted DTL hit. Unipro coils are simply very good, just like the Uni coils.

Received the RBA Unipro coil as well. Normally I am not a fan of RBA coils as everything is so tiny, but this one was easy to build on. Two screws on each side make it possible to use a clockwise or counterclockwise twisted coil. Also a MTL airflow piece has been included that can be pushed into the bottom center of the coil for more restriction. Another very nice addition to the kit is a 510-pin to which you can screw on the base for building purposes, very useful for prepping your coils.

This is first RBA coil that is satisfying to use for me. Easy to build on and vapes very well. The flavor I get using it DTL is very good and the wicking ports on the side are doing there job well, the cotton is well saturated even when chain vaping. Airflow ring is made with a special stopper, on one side fully open and on the other side it stops at just leaving one hole uncovered. With the MTL adapter piece inserted into the bottom of the coil you can get a very tight draw. The additional drip-tip in the RBA kit is comfortable for MTL.

Conclusion:

Doubting between a pod or pod-mod? Then this kit is a great choice! You get both in one box, no need to get yourself additional adapters etc.

It works great and it vapes great, also the RBA coil is worth a try as it performs very well.

This is my favorite pod-mod so far because of its 21700 compatibility and versatility. The coils Oxva produce are of very good quality as well.

I have several minor cons with this device, the fire-button being flat and small, airflow ring for coils (easily gets lost) and the adapter minimally moving left and right, but they are very minor negatives.

From my understanding an RDTA base will still be released for this kit, I would be very interested in trying out that one!

What surprises me of this kit is the price, just 50$. For that you get a single battery box-mod and pod-mod in one. Not a bad price compared to other mods/pod-mods.

You can get yours through this website: Most Innovative Vape Brand with Best Flavor 丨OXVA

Thank you for reading, appreciate it a lot you are taking your time to do so.

Wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best wishes for the coming period.

Take care,
Sjoerd

Last edited:
Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread