hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome to you my dedicated readers. I’m glad you chose to join me today. It’s been a while since I’ve received anything from Oxva for review but here I am today with a comparison review that Oxva requested that I do on the Xlim V2 pod system along with the vaporesso Xros 2. I want to be clear that I have used the Xros and Xros 2 daily at work for several months and it has been my go to pocket carry for a couple reasons but gladly agreed to discuss its features versus the features of the Xlim V2. I have previously reviewed the Xros, Xros 2, and the Xros Nano. I won’t be comparing all three of them since they all use the same pod but in order to compare something similar in size and shape, I’ll be focusing on the Xros 2 and the Xlim V2. I’ll try to cover the specifications and features of both and in the end give you my thoughts on each and try to declare which one I think is the better unit. In case you are not familiar with the Xros 2, here is a link to the review I wrote some time ago. VAPORESSO XROS 2 review by hittman | E-Cigarette Forum (e-cigarette-forum.com) I will cover some of the same information in this comparison but not as in depth.

XLIM V2
    Ih7wcBj.jpg

ahJ1TSh.jpg

XROS 2
    6owFXdW.jpg

bbHEQts.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE XLIM V2 BOX?

yjSbh7r.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE XROS 2 BOX?

VZ2plTC.jpg

OXVA XLIM 2 SPECIFICATIONS:

8GhacMe.jpg

XROS 2 SPECIFICATIONS:

ZXcseTd.jpg

XLIM 2 FEATURES:

1. Highly leak-resistant

2. Ergonomic AFC, side filling

3. 25W max output power

4. 0.42 inch OLED mini screen

5. Auto-draw & manual

6. Compatible with Xlim V2 cartridge

7. 900mAh built-in battery

8. X-treme flavor, strong throat hit

9. Packed with 0.8ohm and 0.6ohm cartridges

10. Airflow control design on the side

1VnSxpP.jpg

2zMm56n.jpg

4tla2ih.jpg

Jh4cISN.jpg

XSrMbXt.jpg

HVzgfNG.jpg

Sz7D1X1.jpg

XROS 2 FEATURES:

1. Upgraded water drop air inlet

2. SSS Leak-resistant Technology

3. 1000mAh battery capacity

4. Accurate airflow control from MTL to loose MTL

5. Compatible with XROS pods: 1.2ohm pod, 0.8ohm mesh pod

6. Button-activated and draw-activated modes

7. Halo button to prevent from unintended activation

8. Tiding battery indicator to show real-time battery level

9. 150°refined curved base made by diamond high-gloss cutting process

EY0nMyZ.jpg

Sgsx5ew.jpg

N0RNCWq.jpg

Ml7yjgM.jpg

J7JIrsx.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

This is usually the part where I talk about the packaging and what the box looks like but this review is likely to get rather long and just let me say that both kits come in nice packaging. This is a comparison review but don’t feel like the packaging is important at this point. Instead I’d like to focus on the features and ease of use of each pod device.

As you can see from the pictures above that both pod kits come with the battery, two pods, user guide, and USB-C charging cable. The Xlim V2 comes with a .6 ohm and .8 ohm pod while the Xros 2 comes with a .8 ohm and 1.2 ohm pod. The Xros pods are rated for MTL and loose MTL while the Xlim pods are rated for MTL and RDL. The pods for both units have a 2ml capacity. The pod shape of the Xros is a duck bill shape while the Xlim has a more tapered tip. The Xros pods are clear while the Xlim pods are tinted but still clear enough to see the liquid level.

The Xlim has a 900mah battery while the Xros has a 1000mah battery. Both have a 1A charging rate. The Xlim and Xros are similar in size. The Xros is basically a rectangular shape while the Xlim has a little more of an ergonomic or stylish shape. Both have adjustable airflow which I like very much. The airflow control for the Xlim is located on the side while the Xros has the airflow control is on the back side of the battery. The Xlim has a series of holes while the Xros has a single drop shaped hole. Both units can be button fired or used in auto draw mode.

upload_2022-6-22_11-9-10.png

upload_2022-6-22_11-9-26.png

upload_2022-6-22_11-9-41.png

upload_2022-6-22_11-9-54.png

So far both devices are somewhat similar with some mild differences. This is where you will start to see some real differences between the two. The Xros basically has a fixed output depending on which pod is used. The .8 ohm pod gets 16 watts while the 1.2 ohm pod gets 11 watts. The Xros has a series of four lights on the face that indicate the charge level of the battery. The Xlim V2 has a .42” display screen that shows the following information.

- Set wattage

- Battery level indicator

- Coil resistance

- Puff counter

The Xlim has an adjustable output range of 5-25 watts. The display does not light when you take a puff each time which I’m sure saves on the battery life. Instead there is a blue X on the fire button that illuminates. You have to press the fire button on the Xlim for the display to illuminate. The wattage adjustment can be fast scrolled and will round robin. The button operation is as follows.

- Press the fire button five times to turn the Xlim on/off

- Press the fire button four times to lock the fire button but can still auto draw

- Press the fire button seven times to reset the puff counter

- Press the fire button three times and the wattage will flash and you can either press or press and hold the fire button to adjust the wattage. The wattage can also still be adjusted when the fire button is locked.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

In order to do a fair comparison between the Xros 2 and the Xlim 2 I used the .8 ohm pod in each one. I used to prefer the 1.2 pod on the Xros but more recently have been using the .8 ohm pods in it. The mouthpieces of the two are different but I do find both of them comfortable to use. The flavor and vapor production on the Xros was really pretty good. However, I did notice a substantial flavor improvement with the Xlim V2 and the flavor seemed more dense and robust. The V2 pod brought out more detail in the flavor of the vapor. I used a Dinner Lady lemon tart one shot in both and have used it in many different tanks and pods so I am very familiar with how it should taste with a good flavor producing device.

Although the Xros does not offer a .6 ohm pod, I did want to test the pod included with the Xlim. Evidently the Xlim has a smart mode built into it because when I inserted the .6 ohm pod the wattage went automatically to 22 watts. I noticed the same thing on the .8 ohm pod when it switched to 16 watts when inserted. The first couple puffs with the .6 pod seemed a little too warm for me at first set at 22 watts so I turned it down to 20. After a short period of use I was able to ramp back up to the 22 watt mark. With the airflow wide open you can do an RDL vape but it is pretty restrictive. A touch more airflow would be nice for RDL to better fit my style of use.

So, I would have to give the Xros points for ease of use and top filling as well as having a slightly larger battery capacity. However, I very much like that the Xlim has the display screen with the puff counter. The Xlim pod is a side fill pod but easy to fill without making a mess. Also, this is hard for me to say having been such a fan of the Xros but the Xlim did have noticeable better flavor and vapor production using the same resistance pod. I was able to get about three hundred puffs on a single charge of the Xlim which seems to be good battery management. If the Xlim V2 had a top fill pod then it would have everything that I look for in a pod device. The multiple hole airflow control makes it easier to adjust to your preferred airflow volume and being located on the side makes it less likely to be covered by your hand.

upload_2022-6-22_11-11-21.png

upload_2022-6-22_11-11-36.png

The new SSS pods that the Xros 2 uses have been leak-proof for me while using them the last few months. During my time using the Xlim it’s pods did not leak at all and had no noticeable condensation.

So in the end I guess I have to declare a winner for this comparison review. I do love that the Xros has top fill pods but as far as performance and features I would have to give the trophy to Oxva and the Xlim V2. If they could come up with a leak proof top fill pod then it would have everything I look for in a pod device.

I’d like to thank Oxva and Jocelyn for sending the Oxva Xlim V2 Pod kit for this review and thanks goes out to the readers that make it possible for me to do these reviews. Below is a link to the Oxva website if you would like to look around. Besides the Xlim, they have some really nice tanks and devices also.

XLIM NEW COLOR – OXVA

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    An excellent comparative review! :thumb:

I don't really like doing comparison reviews but I was already a long time user of the Xros and the Xlim V2 is very good so that made it a little easier.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    ExXelent write up!

I am however, still unXertain as to the XorreXt pronunXiation of the letter "X" in eaXh produXts name.

Xheers
    I

When I think of it in my head, I pronounce Xlim as Zlim and Xros as Cross since the promotional stuff says Cross the Limit.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt!

Thanks Bob. I was truly impressed with the Xlim. I was told that their original V1 pods were top fill but for some reason they had leaking issues with them so switched to side fill on the V2.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great comparison! Always enjoy reading your reviews. Actually, I read a lot of the reviews that go up recently lol gives me ideas on what to request and also ideas on how to improve my own reviews. You guys are all so good at yours :)

Thank you. I do truly appreciate it when people comment on my reviews. Before I started doing reviews, I read a lot of reviews on here. There were a couple of really good people that did them and I learned a lot from them. I haven't seen a review from either of them in quite a while.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2021
    Thank you. I do truly appreciate it when people comment on my reviews. Before I started doing reviews, I read a lot of reviews on here. There were a couple of really good people that did them and I learned a lot from them. I haven't seen a review from either of them in quite a while.
    Well that sucks! Hope that they pop back up soon! If for nothing else, to make sure they're o.k. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread