P18 with Royal S. CE2-R4 2.5 omh at 6 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
yes I have and its no good, its not even any good with the 3.0-3.2ohm CE2R4 cartos, in fact I thought the higher ohm ones would be great at 6v heck even at 5v but they are not, I put them on a VV mod and the highest I could even take the 3.0-3.2 ohm e2's was somewhere around 4.5 MAX and I mean MAX

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
I have used the CE2- R3 2.5 0hm at 3.7v and it works very well... but I would not dare to try them at 6 volts... you would need a HV version of the CE2 cartos. Also after about 2 days you have to do a dry burn... or the taste is horrible. The only difference from watching videos from the CE2-R3 and CE2-R4 is the leaking issues and wicking speed.... but they still dry out after 10 to 15 puffs because the wicking cant wick the eliquid fast enough.

Honestly, there still needs to be more improvements... lets put it this way I'm still dripping and using regular 510 cartos.... and the CE2 cartos got thrown in the trash.

Last edited:

quendelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
Clovis, CA
I agree when you get a good Ce2 cartomizer they work well... but your playing russian roulette when purchasing them... my last 2 packs 3 out of 10 were good... the rest had to many issues... gunk up to quickly and some other things.
i
That Is bad luck. Out of 10, I've only had one that was bad, and that was the threads. I have the 4th edition. Rinse them out with super hot water every 7 days, or when they stop wicking.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Has anyone tryed this combo yet if so let me know how it worked out please

Sent from my Droid

On my eGo I have been having good results with them. Conventional wisdom is to use the 3 ohm E2's on your 3.7 e-cig. Yes there are wicking issues and you should vape these with a tilt upwards...it doesn't have to be a severe tilt but for now that works best.

I tried the Joye cartomizers and I thought they would be the answer to my prayers at first. But I noticed an off-taste on my two fave liquids. So I loaded up juice in the E2's and the Joye 510 cartomizers and wow, there is no question, you get a much cleaner fuller flavor with the E2's. A filler less carto that only uses a string wick does keep things clean. The only problem with the design is gravity. The wicks have to travel UP to the heating coil which rests in a cup on a stem that also acts as your air intake. To keep fluid from going in the cup the design uses a filler cap that is tightly sealed around the cup (not actually sealed but its TIGHT). That filler ring also can constrict wicking, or at least that's what most of us, after extensive trial and error have figured out over in badloko's massive thread on the E2 R4 cartos. This is why you need to help the wicking buy tilting the PV up,- I usually tilt mine up maybe a 10 degree angle and when i do that I have no problems.

I didn't mean to go off topic but I thought I would add a little more info on what has been goign on with them. I liek them so much that even with some of the weird issues with them I can't use annother carto. I REALLY tried the Joye cartos and wow, not a burnt taste but just an off taste that has influences of the poly inside the carto and possibly influences of the hard plastic it is made with. But this is just my experience (and many others on that thread that have tried them also). Also, very imporant, depending on your device, you are not going to get the warmth of vape with the joyes that you do with the CE2s as the atomizer on the Joyes sits at the bottom of the assembly - take my word for it, there's a big difference.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
What about doign a PTB mod to them? I only ask cause I just bought 3 boxes of the 2.5's. Was intending on using on my P10 and P18 for driving etc. I didn't research them to much before choosing the lower resistance ones... :( I don''t use cartos much, usually just drip and the Joye 510's seemed to stop working if I didn't use them much and let them sit.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
What about doign a PTB mod to them? I only ask cause I just bought 3 boxes of the 2.5's. Was intending on using on my P10 and P18 for driving etc. I didn't research them to much before choosing the lower resistance ones... :( I don''t use cartos much, usually just drip and the Joye 510's seemed to stop working if I didn't use them much and let them sit.

The lower ohm onces seem to work OK for me. The higher ohn was suggested if you have a true 3.7 device but the lower ohm ones don't seem to make a difference using my eGo and maybe they won't on your P18. Just try one out and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread