The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Hi Guest! 

Seasons Greetings. Just to let you know that a new giveaway has just started. 

This one's from our friends at Humble Vape Co. and I hope you'll take part for a chance to be one of the ten winners of their great prizes. 

ecfhumble

See our giveaway page for full details. This one's for US residents only. 

Good luck! 

Oliver

Dismiss Notice

p67 feed tube problem

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by ravenofvalhalla, Sep 25, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I was surprised it wasn't mentioned sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vapefiend

Vapefiend Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    If your tube is getting stuck to the side or bottom of the bottle the pressure could be pulling the tube off. I would cut an inverted V into the bottom of the tube if you haven't already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vapefiend

Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    Me too.

4. ENAUD

Supporting member
    Rainman was always good for that one...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MsLoud

MsLoud Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The 8ml bottle from the site come pre-V'd - though the tubing is long so it needs to be cut regardless - which I don't mind. Honestly, I don't even think about that little trick any more to remember to suggest it.

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

6. ravenofvalhalla

ravenofvalhalla Full Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Portland, OR, USA
    hey thanks for all your suggestions guys...

i have two authentic reos: a '14 grand with old gold contacts/feed tube, and a new p67. i've only bought rm2s, and a couple of atomizer clones (to see what i like and what i might want to spend the big bucks on) recently since rm2s weren't available the last time i checked.

i did cut the v in the bottom of the tube before the problem began as i am using standard 6ml "old style" reo bottles, no pre-cut v there.

i have just gotten used to checking on the tube periodically to make sure it's staying on the nipple so i don't spray my life with juice! the tube just naturally edges off the nipple and slumps into the bottle as i squonk over the course of the day. i do eventually wear a hole in the tube from the nipple pushoff/my fingernail, so i'll probably have to buy extra tube as i have had to shorten this tube several times now as holes form in the top. thanks for trying to help! here's what my little guy looks like after about three hours. it was very close to the top of the nipple just a couple hours ago.

Attached Files:

7. Vapefiend

Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    That tube is way too short. You’ll need another for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ravenofvalhalla

Sep 27, 2014
    Portland, OR, USA
    it's still hitting the bottom corner on the inside... but yeah... had to cut it again today as a hole formed again while i was at work. i'll be switching to a new bottle and tube when i get home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MsLoud

MsLoud Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The tubing needs to be pushed all the way to the top of the metal .

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. FatBill

FatBill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    CT
    yes as MsLoud said.... the tube should touch delrin insert (might not be delrin on new mods)...get a new feed tube.
    Install on your mod.....make sure it touches delrin insert....all the way up....now it will be a lot longer than you need on the bottom....trim off excess so it just hits the bottom of mod....cut a inverted v on bottom of tube....then push bottom of tube thru your cap...pull cap up and install full bottle. You'll be in great shape.
    Years ago Rob put just a speck of crazy glue on top of feed tube near delrin insert so it would stay on the smaller nipple. But I've never used it with the new style Im sure you have on your p67.
    Also looking at your pic......you might be able to get away with just pushing your tube farther up on the connection....I don't like to have the feed tube bent around inside the bottle. I've had your problem before a new tube was the fix. As you found out use blunt tweezers (I use ones that have pieces of an old tube around the tongs of tweezers)

• Like Like x 3
  11. ravenofvalhalla

Sep 27, 2014
    Portland, OR, USA
    the tube pulls off of the metal on its own. that's the problem. thanks guys.

12. Vapefiend

Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    I’m thinking the tube was pulling off because you didn’t have it pushed up high enough on the nipple but also because you had excess tubing in the bottle. I would start with a new tube. Push it as high as it will go on the nipple than cut it so it’s flush with the base of the p67 then notch your inverted “v”

• Like Like x 1
  13. ravenofvalhalla

Sep 27, 2014
    Portland, OR, USA
    yeah the picture was of what it does naturally after a few hours after i've properly installed a tube with a v on the bottom. the tube is pushed all the way to the top of the nipple but after a few hours the tube slinks off the nipple by itself and into the bottle and starts squirting juice.

i'll put a new tube in again today.

thanks for trying to help me with this! you guys are the best.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vapefiend

Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    Is the oring in the bottle seated properly? Looks kind of high in the picture

• Like Like x 1
  15. ravenofvalhalla

Sep 27, 2014
    Portland, OR, USA
    i don't know. could you post a pic of how it should look if you wouldn't mind?

16. Vapefiend

Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    I actually use the soft bottles now but I just checked an old one and it looks the same on one side but lower on the other; my mistake.

17. ENAUD

Supporting member
    Hope the new tube solves your issues, that is weird that it just works itself off. Just a thought, have you tried a different attie on this mod, and was the pressure required to squonk similar? Your issue seems to be rather unique, in that you did have the V cut on the squonk tube and all. Me, I like the tubes to be a tiny bit long, with the v cut, so that the tube is bottomed out in the bottle, and the extra length offers a bit of positive pressure towards the nipple to keep it in place, but then again, once the tube is in place, it requires a lot of force to remove it, as it has a very snug fit onto the new style 510 nipple...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1