Paint or Stickers on Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just heard about the Bloog today and am thinking about trying it. I have a KR808 from another vendor. My battery is a shiny black. I saw a picture of a Bloog battery and it looks to be matte black, which I prefer. I am curious about the cartomizers. The ones that I have aren't painted, so they don't match the battery, which sends me into OCD fits. They are covered with something like contact paper. I can feel the seam of the sticker on my lips, and it often extends beyond the end of the carto. I have gotten a paper cut on my lip from them.(I guess I am just lucky that way. LOL)

Because Bloog cartomizers aren't color coded, I am hoping that they are painted and match the batteries. If so, I'll be buying a bunch of them. I hate to waste my old stuff,though, so will the Bloog cartos work on my old batteries and will my old cartos work on Bloog batteries?

Thanks,
~A

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Just for giggles, here's a conversation I had about painted cartos the other day with my sales rep:
"Cherry, I want to have my cartos painted instead of stickered."
"But the paint might be poisonous!"
"OK, let me rephrase this. Cherry, I want my cartos painted with non-toxic paint."
"Oh, OK! I think we can do that!"

They can be very literal, these Chinese. :laugh:

ManicMaurice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
My House
www.manicmaurice.com
A friend of mine who was a business major in college once told me that in a pamphlet written to prepare Asian business people to interact with American business people, he read something along the lines of, American's don't always mean exactly what they say. For example, when someone says "we should do lunch" they aren't literally inviting you to lunch, they are instead saying that they want to stay in touch and talk more business in the future. Silly 'mericans. :)

jayvap33

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
USA
home.comcast.net
Just for giggles, here's a conversation I had about painted cartos the other day with my sales rep:
"OK, let me rephrase this. Cherry, I want my cartos painted with non-toxic paint."

I can see paint being a problem, especially for folks like me who bite the tip when not holding it. I suggest "sticking" with PLASTIC labels, no paper labels.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD

I must admit that I'm still leery of certain things from china from the issues that happened a few years ago. Paint is one. The ingredients in the e-cig juice is the other. Are there any checks on the products for things like lead in the paint? I'm not as worried about the battery, but anything that I inhale or put my mouth on is another story.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I must admit that I'm still leery of certain things from china from the issues that happened a few years ago. Paint is one. The ingredients in the e-cig juice is the other. Are there any checks on the products for things like lead in the paint? I'm not as worried about the battery, but anything that I inhale or put my mouth on is another story.

Oh, it's definitly a concern for me too, and I will hold off on the idea until I am satisfied any paint we use will be non-toxic and lead free. And for what it's worth the paint on the batteries is lead-free, but not certified non-toxic as far as I know, so don't suck on them. The stickers ARE certified non-toxic so it's OK to suck on those. In fact, we encourage it! ;)

I was just amused she needed me to fill in the blank on that one. There's another manufacturer who sells painted cartos now, and he's no dummy so I'm sure he did all the right due diligence to make sure it was non-toxic. The real question for us is whether we can get the same rubbery finish in a certified non-toxic form, and I will do my own due diligence on that.

ManicMaurice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
My House
www.manicmaurice.com
that's a funny story with Cherry I literally LOL'd....

I too tend to bight my cartos...and the metal can sometimes bother my teeth after doing this too much =(...but it unconscious ...

Would love to see it wrapped in rubber ??? anyone else?

I'm down for that, great idea.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Always though painted cartos would be cool... but I think stickers may be better. Especially with your new Maxxfusion cartos! The longer they last, the more paint I'm gonna chew off! :)

Rubberized is a kinda cool thought... like a very thin heat shrink tubing or something... Not a bad idea for batteries either... may act as a sort of shock absorber, and promote durability ??

rubber drip tips are good, not sure why that hasnt done before....

Maybe, being the type of guy you are... You could even arrange a CARTO DRIP TIP. You know.... one designed to use with a carto. so it would feed the carto down the side of the barrel, and into the filler, instead of down the center. or was that what you were thinking :facepalm:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Always though painted cartos would be cool... but I think stickers may be better. Especially with your new Maxxfusion cartos! The longer they last, the more paint I'm gonna chew off! :)

Rubberized is a kinda cool thought... like a very thin heat shrink tubing or something... Not a bad idea for batteries either... may act as a sort of shock absorber, and promote durability ??

rubber drip tips are good, not sure why that hasnt done before....

Maybe, being the type of guy you are... You could even arrange a CARTO DRIP TIP. You know.... one designed to use with a carto. so it would feed the carto down the side of the barrel, and into the filler, instead of down the center. or was that what you were thinking :facepalm:

That's what we've already got, in our easy-refill tips, just without a drip tip's long neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread