Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, nicotine is a known vasoconstrictor.

That's why when you get surgical procedures you may be advised to go 0 nic for at least a couple days, for the early healing process.
Screw that. I would be a walking basket case.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I was in the hospital last month for 2.5 days and I was having a hard time being away from my vape even though I had the patch.

How long ago did you quit smoking?

After you've been vaping a couple year's the feeling of "oh my God I'm going to kill someone if I don't take a drag" goes away..

I just spent the last year and a half without any nicotine at all, and vaping under a ml a week..

You get to where you can take it or leave it unless your under high stress..

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
For serious stealth vaping, simply putting a drop under your tongue can be all that's needed to get by.

The key is having that little bottle of liquid with you. It has helped me in a couple tough situations.
I keep nic losenges in my purse for that purpose but their still not as good as my vape.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
2.5 years ago but I chain vape. Probably just as bad.

It's been 9 years for me, and I still vape relatively high nic. And yes, if I haven't vaped in a while, I do get anxious. Maybe not quite as bad as with cigs, but it's still there. We are all different!

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
I have an underlying anxiety disorder and PTSD and I actually use nic to keep it in check.

Me too on the anxiety disorder. ;) When people tell me to "just quit all nic" they have no idea what they are asking.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How long ago did you quit smoking?

After you've been vaping a couple year's the feeling of "oh my God I'm going to kill someone if I don't take a drag" goes away..

I just spent the last year and a half without any nicotine at all, and vaping under a ml a week..

You get to where you can take it or leave it unless your under high stress..
Being in the hospital is not high stress? I was in the hospital for 3 days twice last summer. I've not smoked for 7 years, vaping since. I brought my vapes with me because I have to vape once an hour or I might stab someone with a fork. Drug my IV pole right in to the rest room, closed the door, and vaped.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um I have gone pretty darn close to two years with out cigarettes and I will say that um, it did bother me, quite a bit. Like, not every second of every day, but certainly enough to start smoking again.

I get that there isn't the "KILL ME SOMEONE OR I WILL KILL YOU!" effect quite as much.

The operative word being quite as much.

Also, like I have head SO many smokers say they have INTENSE cravings from time to time, decades after they have quit. It's discouraging. THOSE CRAVINGS ARE IMPOSSIBLE."

I mean if I got them for alcohol is I would still be drinking is what I'm saying. Or opiates. Oddly enough two very pernicious drugs NO issues. I HAVE NO CLUE.

Perhaps it is that I knew, deep down, cigarettes were my true drug of choice. IDK.

And yeah, I get it, they pass. So does most suffering, but like... IDK. Every brain is different, every brain is good like the Monty Python song.

I'm not saying I would kill myself on an island or a resort like where I could have anything but tobacco. IDK I might. Not immediately. For me, the bad time was when the cravings went AWAY,. I missed fighting them. .I was like, "At least I have one side of the equation."

I get that it's lame to miss your cravings or to cry if you find a lighter in the laundry that would normally bring you joy only then you are like "Meh. A lighter. How nice, for my husband, the smoker," And then you cry,.

Maybe I am weird. Oh well Yoga Time.

Anna

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I brought my vapes with me because I have to vape once an hour or I might stab someone with a fork. Drug my IV pole right in to the rest room, closed the door, and vaped.
I have to pee once an hour. Why I didnt think of that I dont know. Woulda been perfect.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
They all said I know what that is and you are not allowed to vape in here.
Im too afraid of being admonished and have to put my tail between my legs. What are they gonna do kick me out? Its not illegal in AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread