PANIC MODE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
All my flavors are a year or more old. I've vaped unflavored for so long that it seems natural. Doing that proved my addiction to be more in the mouth to lung habit.

I don't really miss flavors, even tobacco flavors. I have several 100ml bottles that I mixed up more than a year ago that are still good, but almost gone. Over time, I've even quit using those. So, Nic is the only thing I needed to stock up on and I have enough to last for 18 years at 3mg mix strength. PG and VG will remain for the non-ecig health uses people needed them for.
I’ve been stealth vaping unflavored for the last couple of months since I work in an office. I really enjoy it. I like simple. I just want it to work and get my nic and my hand to mouth thing. Since I’ve been vaping unflavored I haven’t taken the time to mix any of my dessert flavors.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My GP is good with vaping. I switched long enough ago that it was still a relatively new thing, provided her with some of the CASAA micrograms.

I'll likely chat with her next month about the latest state of affairs. Probably point her to Dr. Siegel's blog site.

I'm pretty straight forward, technically oriented, roll my own coils and made my own eliquid for years.

Same doctor for over ten years. He was on to me about quitting smoking back in 2010. I started vaping and quit cigarettes a few months after I started to vape. When I went back to him for a scheduled checkup he asked if I was still smoking. I demonstrated my eGo in his exam room. He was impressed after I explained what was in the juice and how it all worked. After he checked out vaping to verify what I told him, the next time I went into his office he had printed pamphlets and put them in his waiting room urging smokers to switch to vaping. Even today, he asks me, "Still vaping and not smoking?". I say "Yes", he says "Good", and he goes on with the visit.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Agree, but tax money has saved smoking so far. States need another cash cow before they can kiss tobacco goodbye, IMO.
And the flip side is that BT needs income. They become nic-dealers, not tobacco dealers, per se.

Hell, we could hand them the nic-source market. Maybe they could supply nic to the vendors.

I don't trust BT's nic/vape/HNB because I'm suspicious. There's past behavior that's going to take time to erase, if they're even trying.

But they are certainly the experts here. They know about the MAOI aspects too.

I don't know. It's all confusing. I still think it's a back room deal somehow, because the surface story so so full of B.S. and illogical actions.

There are real-world factors, like them or not. Tobacco farmers. Tobacco states. There are investors. There's quality control (although I think the nic-vape industry has done a fantastic job at that. THC-vape, not so much. ;) But that includes illegal street dealers in my statement alongside the legit ones).

In a way, and I've said it before, we've done too good of a job. The last thing the ANTZ want is a bunch of people using relatively harmless good-tasting nic. And we truly don't know the full harm, and nic probably does harm the circulatory system.

Then there's national healthcare costs. Sociological (as in country-wide) costs.

IDK.
There's money in 20 factors here. Not just state revenue, but state costs, and individual farmers, and individual vape shops.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The way I see it BT is dipping in twice since liquid nic is made from tobacco leaves.
It's a mixed-bag though. Much of our nic is from cheaper tobacco sources and is outside of "our BT". Like India or other countries. How much is in control of "our BT" and how much is sourced from "other BT" I don't know.

India has its own BT.
?Indonesia too?
And British Tobacco purchased other BT...??

But our BT is often "in" other BT countries somehow.
Confused here.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
And the flip side is that BT needs income. They become nic-dealers, not tobacco dealers, per se.

Hell, we could hand them the nic-source market. Maybe they could supply nic to the vendors.

I don't trust BT's nic/vape/HNB because I'm suspicious. There's past behavior that's going to take time to erase, if they're even trying.

I don't know. It's all confusing. I still think it's a back room deal somehow, because the surface story so so full of B.S. and illogical actions.

There are real-world factors, like them or not. Tobacco farmers. Tobacco states. There are investors. There's quality control (although I think the nic-vape industry has done a fantastic job at that. THC-vape, not so much. ;) But that includes illegal street dealers in my statement alongside the legit ones).

In a way, and I've said it before, we've done too good of a job. The last thing the ANTZ want is a bunch of people using relatively harmless good-tasting nic. And we truly don't know the full harm, and nic probably does harm the circulatory system.

Then there's national healthcare costs. Sociological (as in country-wide) costs.

IDK.
There's money in 20 factors here. Not just state revenue, but state costs, and individual farmers, and individual vape shops.

Nic does cause blood vessels to constrict. The less you use the better if your veins and arteries aren't in excellent shape. Most of us here at ECF are older from what I see. High nic isn't your friend the older you are. Still, less nic is absorbed from vaping than is absorbed by smoking cigarettes.

Interesting article about nic absorption through vaping vs smoking.
How to Choose the Right Nicotine Strength for Vaping E-juice?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The way I see it BT is dipping in twice since liquid nic is made from tobacco leaves.

Agree.

Some gardeners and golf courses use nic in their pest control regime. Jerry Baker (America's Gardener) swears by his personal pest control concoctions. He soaks tobacco leaves and several more ingredients in water and sprays the liquid over large areas to control insects. It naturally degrades in the rain after it's done it's job killing pests.

• Informative
Reactions: Iron Molly

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Agree.

Some gardeners and golf courses use nic in their pest control regime. Jerry Baker (America's Gardener) swears by his personal pest control concoctions. He soaks tobacco leaves and several more ingredients in water and sprays the liquid over large areas to control insects. It naturally degrades in the rain after it's done it's job killing pests.
Well my lungs should be free of pests then.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
That’s the one I saw. Thanks!
Sally's is great for the lifetime supply of cellucotton. It's the box marked 44043, 3lbs of 100% rayon (make sure anything you get says that - not the rayon/cotton blend).

Pretty sure it was right around $20 when I bought it a year or two ago, in-store purchase.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I’ve been stealth vaping unflavored for the last couple of months since I work in an office. I really enjoy it. I like simple. I just want it to work and get my nic and my hand to mouth thing. Since I’ve been vaping unflavored I haven’t taken the time to mix any of my dessert flavors.

I quit mixing flavors when I realized that everything that I mixed I hated; I, too, prefer simple.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You have a great doctor my friend. IMO, every doctor should be doing this.

I know. Most doctors quote the "We don't know what's in it" party line. My doctor was just happy I quit smoking and he's really happy that I haven't touched a cigarette since early 2010.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sally's is great for the lifetime supply of cellucotton. It's the box marked 44043, 3lbs of 100% rayon (make sure anything you get says that - not the rayon/cotton blend).

Pretty sure it was right around $20 when I bought it a year or two ago, in-store purchase.

I finally got to the end of my 40ft box of Sally's Rayon after several years of making wicks. What's left is in a zip lock and will likely last me until late spring.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

IDK.

They used several methods to enhance the nic sensation and make smokers want to smoke more often.

How Big Tobacco made cigarettes more addictive

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Good source for wire? And how much do you consider a lifetime supply?

Not sure exactly how I calculated it but I got 600ft of 28g Kanthal, and 300ft of 30g. I think I worked out that 500ft of 28 would last me 20 years by figuring out how many coils I make per month. I keep a table showing each coil I make for each tank so I could do that. I got 600ft because I wasn't sure how many inches I cut off to make each coil. I use some 30g rebuilding heads for the wife's PT's and I already had 300ft of that in the box. I won't need that much.

Probably got more than I need. In any case I really don't expect to make it to 90 and still be making coils.

Reactions: CMD-Ky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread