Parallel and dry hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
I'm about to order some wire...paying with Bitcoins...Status: Pending...whatever that means...

I decided to put back my 28g coils. I mean....come on...it's fun to blow tons of vape :)

I'll try 29g wire when it arrives. I also ordered pre-built coils. Since 30g is a bit too agile and 28g a bit too sluggish, 29g might be the deal.

Btw, this time I wicked it with Rayon and used quite a bit of it. It wicks very well. No spitting after refill the tank and the AFC stays dry.

The other think I like: With these 28g coils I'm able to control the temperature of the vape much better by different strengths of inhaling. When I feel the vape becomes warmer, I just suck a bit stronger. This allows me also to adjust the flavor, particularly when pre-heat is set lower.

Last edited:

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
I built coil with Kanthal 24g and warped it with SS316l 30g. Actually it's something like a fused clapton but with only 1 core. Nothing is twisted. The dual setup reading is 0.3 Ohm. It seems, that are very nice coils (for me). Nice taste, decent clouds, fast ramp up and that all with 75 Watt. I could go up to 100 Watt, all good. Or even with 50 Watt it works fine.

I ordered Wires from Fasttech..then I get more options to build coils. But since a week nothing moved...instead of that I just got informed that an item is not longer available... Who knows when I receive that stuff.

However, so far, I like my current setup. It feels like a decent all day setup.

Reactions: stols001

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
There's a little more than that to make zipper coils but yes that is basically what a zipper coil is.
Sorry. Twist 2 wires clockwise, twist 2 other wires counter-clockwise then wrap the 2 strands parallel. You'll know when you have a zipper, it looks like a zipper when done right.

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Sorry. Twist 2 wires clockwise, twist 2 other wires counter-clockwise then wrap the 2 strands parallel. You'll know when you have a zipper, it looks like a zipper when done right.

I messed it up. I twisted the two twisted wires together instead to wrap it parallel. It's there even a name for that coils? It kinda looks nice. Definitely will test it in a rba.

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Twisted zipper. Let us know what you think!

Ok, here we go... I just tested it. What a surprise. It's a decent coil. As I said, I used Ss316l 30g wire. I did 7wraps it came up with 0.353 ohm as a dual coil setup. Tested it on a rda. Ramp up is a bit slow. This coils are happy with 100 watt or higher. But then... Flavor is fantastic. I checked 4 self made juices. The one with 4mg nicotine gave me a decent throat hit. Cloud is great too.

This coils I'll definelty keep. I'll build them again with 5 wraps. I think they are very nice for the rda. Maybe not so for my rba.

But first I'll try the parallel version as described earlier.

I wonder how the coil ends up with 4wraps. The mass would be much less and ramp up faster. Earlier I had not so good experience with only 3 or 4 wraps on other coils. They become quite agile and ready to catch a dry hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread