Partial DIY question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikonGirl

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Wonderland
www.goodreads.com
Hi everyone. Im not quite ready to try making my own juice but would like to adjust the nic level and possibly the pg/vg ratio of the juice I have/want to buy.

Right now I have 2 juices. I have 100% PG peppermint which I absolutely love, and a 70/30 liquid from KBV that I could love more if it were less VG. For me, the VG accumulates and I end up coughing it up or it lingers in my throat. The 100% PG doesn't irritate me at all and I never cough after a session.
I currently mix 2 parts of 24mg to 1 part of 16mg to get a nic level of 22mg. So my questions are...

1. Can PG be mixed into a premade liquid that is 70PG/30VG without screwing it up?

2. If so, How much PG would I need to mix into a 30ml bottle with a 24mg nic level to make it 22mg? Or should I dilute 36mg instead to make it more PG?

Thanks for any help :)

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Nikongirl, if you start with 27.5 ml of 24 mg/ml juice, and add 2.5 ml of PG, that should equal 30 ml total, at 22 mg/ml strength. As wendalb said, that will dilute your flavor a bit, but 2.5 ml is a pretty small amount to add to nearly 30 ml.

If you started with 18.33 ml of 36 mg/ml juice, you could add 11.67 ml of PG to wind up with 30 ml total of 22 mg/ml strength. That much extra filler will dilute your flavor quite a bit, but give it more PG.

NikonGirl

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Wonderland
www.goodreads.com
Thank you nanovapor. So Im assuming if I wanted to add extra flavor to the mix above, that would lower the nic strength and require me to adjust all the ml's to get it back to 22mg. Being that Im only 10 days into vaping, I should just stick to what I've got and just suck-it-up on the whole VG thing...literally haha.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
You also might want to take a look at any of the numerous online e-juice calculators for working out these formulas. Very handy. A nice example is http://www.ecigexpress.com/ejuice-calculator.php. There's also a neat free iPad (iPod too, maybe) app you can search for at the app store and install.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread