Status
Not open for further replies.

aine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Brookfield, CT
www.eliquidnation.com
I use a DES801 on usb PT. Sometimes when I'm not puffing on it it sounds like its hissing. The atty gets really hot. Is it possible my PT is going bad and firing when it shouldn't be. I have lost a couple of attys in the last week. Is my PT killing them? Bad PT!!!!! I've done nothing but show you love. BAD BAD PT!!!! Some help would be great. :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I use a DES801 on usb PT. Sometimes when I'm not puffing on it it sounds like its hissing. The atty gets really hot. Is it possible my PT is going bad and firing when it shouldn't be. I have lost a couple of attys in the last week. Is my PT killing them? Bad PT!!!!! I've done nothing but show you love. BAD BAD PT!!!! Some help would be great. :)

Yep. Pull it out, esp. if you're connected to a computer. Unfortunately, and I gather this just from what others have reported but there seems to be a lot of stuck buttons (or buttons falling off) on the 801 and 901 manuals vs. the 510. I don't know if it's the fact that the 901/801 manuals are just retrofits from previous auto batts (my suspicion) or something else but whatever it is, it is the button is stuck on the on position regardless of what it looks like. I'd send it back if it's still under warranty.

Even some of the early 510 manuals weren't sealed - I have a few, and were likely retrofits too, but for as many that were out there there were very few reports of stuck buttons.

aine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Brookfield, CT
www.eliquidnation.com
Yep. Pull it out, esp. if you're connected to a computer. Unfortunately, and I gather this just from what others have reported but there seems to be a lot of stuck buttons (or buttons falling off) on the 801 and 901 manuals vs. the 510. I don't know if it's the fact that the 901/801 manuals are just retrofits from previous auto batts (my suspicion) or something else but whatever it is, it is the button is stuck on the on position regardless of what it looks like. I'd send it back if it's still under warranty.

Even some of the early 510 manuals weren't sealed - I have a few, and were likely retrofits too, but for as many that were out there there were very few reports of stuck buttons.

Thanks for responding so quickly KentC. Unfortunately, it can't be that the button is stuck. There is no button. I guess it's considered an automatic PT. Great! I was only worried about frying my atty, now I could fry my computer. ARGG!! These e-cigs can be such a headache sometimes. It's a good thing we love them so much. Do you think I should contact the seller?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks for responding so quickly KentC. Unfortunately, it can't be that the button is stuck. There is no button. I guess it's considered an automatic PT. Great! I was only worried about frying my atty, now I could fry my computer. ARGG!! These e-cigs can be such a headache sometimes. It's a good thing we love them so much. Do you think I should contact the seller?

Lol.. you know what they say about 'assume'. Yep then it's the auto switch. Someone was just looking for one of those 801 auto PT's (Mikea). I doubt he'll want to know where you got it :)

You can try letting it dry out. There are other 'fixes' but I hesitate to offer any advice on that, but you might want to search the technical issues forum for tips:

E-cig Technical Issues - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Search 'batteries' or even 'dead battery' and you'll may get some safe advice there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread