Passthrough questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Knuckle

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Washington, USA
So, I got a few Smoktech 900mAh 3.7v passthroughs in the mail today.

I took one out of the box to find it had a charge, and decided to give it a test drag or two with a 2.2 ohm rda I have. The battery felt kinda warm after I set it down and picked it up again a minute later. I'm not sure if this is because I got big meaty ham hands and warmed up the battery, or it doesn't have much insulation or if it was a malfunction of some kind. Needless to say, I disconnected the rda and set it somewhere safe for about 5 minutes. It was cool to the touch again. I tested the rda earlier today on a provari and it worked fine.

Now I have it on the charger that came with it and I've been carefully checking it as I go, but that kinda made me uneasy. It seems nice and cool so far.

So I have questions about small passthroughs like this.

Do they normally just get warm during use?

Is there a way to test the voltage of the device under load on and off the cable?

Would using an rda cause this kind of thing?

Is it okay to leave plugged in over night or for more than the necessary time to charge the battery?

Am I being paranoid? :p

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , and yes , a bit . But I have had several pass-through's in the past , and they did , in-fact get a little warm with use . No the RDA didn't cause this . Usually unable to check the voltage on these devices , because of the pulse modulation they use . No I wouldn't leave it plugged in overnight . Best to charge it up and then remove from the charger . You really should be present while any batteries are charging , in case something goes wrong . And finally , yes , a bit paranoid . But better that , then stupid . Have a great day .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread