Passthru Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Heart of Dixie
I have a fairly new passthru (several months however and out of warranty) that is not even producing a hit as strong as a battery. Has anyone had one act like this? It has confused me to think that it was worn out carts instead. But I've done a side by side compare with another passthru and a battery with the same carto and it's definately the passthru... strange.

Davo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Heart of Dixie
SnowD & Uba -- yep I'm a juicer and the contacts are clean. In my experience usually the air holes clog up before there is enough accumulation of funk to affect the conductivity. I did check the center post for grins; as you screw down the carto the center posts make contact about .010" before the outer rings meet so there's a good physical connection. This one seems to always have been this way, it just took me awhile to get around to doing a real test. The strange thing is... it's a passthru, it should simply be "passing thru" the supply voltage of the USB port, but something seems to be impeding that somehow. I wish I could meter the output somehow, but it's hard to hold leads on the contacts and draw on it at the same time (LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread