Patches + Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuljit

Moved On
Jan 4, 2014
My sister had some oral surgery a month and a half ago and obviously the doctor said she couldn't smoke for a while. So I figured this was my opportunity to jump in with the e-cig! It has been working like a champ for her. But she's also wearing the patch. She tried to drop it this morning, but decided she couldn't do it. She's vaping 18 mg and has the strongest patch on. I suggested going down on the strength of the patch. Seems a little overkill. Any suggestions?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I would be quite concerned about what she is doing. That has to be nearing toxicity, and could be interfering with the healing process. She should be making the decision to either use the patch with 0 nic, the patch alone, or no patch and vaping whatever satisfies.

Dentists recommend no smoking, or drinking through straws only during the initial healing process, because the suction may dislodge the covering of wounds-- (like a scab, but moist). However, nicotine constricts vessels, which would also interfere with healing. Lower levels of nicotine would not be significantly problematic.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
I remember trying the patch in the 90s, I think. They did nothing for me and I found myself smoking and still wearing the patch.

I was warned of overdosing but that never happened. Maybe I shoulda worn 2 patches.

Once I was getting away from the evod tanks to better ones, I found that my 18 nic was causing some nausea and went down to 6 mg. Of course that worked for me but everyone seems to have a different experience. Just wanted to share my angle on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread