Another Awkward Vape Sitcheeation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmothy

Aug 27, 2014
United States
You guys did me so right on my last post, I decided to come back and vape-vent some more!
After asking me stuff for a few months, my boss has very recently joined the vaping world. I gave her an Ego/Kanger combo, some juice and she went to a vape store to get some back-up stuff. Great. Then yesterday, after a week of vaping, tells me she's going to buy some Nicoderm cq. Why for, I say? Well it seems as though this whole time, she's been wearing a patch while also vaping. Now, I'm nowhere near an expert, but isn't this overkill? Perhaps dangerous? She's using 24 mg juice, vapes fairly heavily and apparently wears the patch all the time as well. She's one of those people who is very smart when it comes to her job but is badly lacking in the makes good life choices category. I don't want to scare her or be an alarmist but I thought I'd try to get some information to hopefully help if this is a problem. She's very opinionated, a bit of a narcissist and one who likes to be the "expert" but I do like her and obviously need to tread carefully since she is, as stated, my boss.
Other than that, happy Saturday!:D

Kimmothy

Aug 27, 2014
United States
My sister was using that same patch when she started vaping ..I introduced her to dripping with 6mg of nic..still wearing the patch she got very sick..took her to the ER with moderate nicotine poising.. She doesn't use both anymore..but she's still vaping without the patch..[emoji39]

That is so scary...I'm going to tell her this. Wow.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I'd simply let her know of the side effects of too much nic and let her decide whether she should remove the patch or vape less. If she likes vaping we both know which she'll choose.

You didn't mention the strength of the patch she is using, could be it's very weak and won't be a big issue anyways. Tread lightly there pardner! Cheers.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I mean, if she's not showing any symptoms of anything, she may just be one of those hearty nicotine-resistant people.

It's definitely a tread-lightly situation, and I wouldn't vape and use NRT concurrently, but some people can handle it (I recall Beck talking about chewing gum, using the patch, and I believe smoking; some people are just hardcore).

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I mean, if she's not showing any symptoms of anything, she may just be one of those hearty nicotine-resistant people.

It's definitely a tread-lightly situation, and I wouldn't vape and use NRT concurrently, but some people can handle it (I recall Beck talking about chewing gum, using the patch, and I believe smoking; some people are just hardcore).

correct

4pad, 2 21mg patches replaced several times daily, nicorette all day and troughing along like a normal day.

though some people i know used one 21mg nicoderm patch, smoked 2 cigarettes and went straight to the emergency room with the shakes, vomiting and some serious anxiety.

definitely tread lightly and err on the side of caution. we're all different. sometimes vastly. i'm certainly a serious exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread