patience in a dripper bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randybu80

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
Sonora, California, United States
ok, so I started some DIY, have been very .... about safty but.. I taste my mixture within minutes of mixing then wait a while, maybe an hour and I gotta taste again... ugh weak flavor add more, this went on all day/night. this morning I try a couple now theyve become very strong, i assume tomorrow they will be stronger and ill have to dilute the mixture with some unflavored nic/vg blend. im using FA flavors btw. My question being is there another option besides time to speed up the flavor awakening?

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I have been doing DIY for over 2 years now and for the most part I have settled on FlavourArt flavoring. I use 12 drops per 10 ml bottle of e-liquid. I always let it set for a day before using it and so far this process has worked well for me. Warming it does make sense, so thanks for the advice. It's really difficult when I create a new flavor mixture to wait a whole day. I'm not sure, but heating might dilute the nic level. If you use a high nicotine liquid and add VG/PG, especially if the VG/PG is a lot more than your nicotine liquid, you could always mix everything except the nic liquid, heat it, cool it, and then add your nic liquid. (I know that's a really long sentence - I hope it makes sense.)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Janet, there were some tests done here by a chemist to determine what amount nicotine levels dropped when exposed to heat. It wasn't a scientific study but sufficient for determining nicotine degradation... and there basically wasn't enough to be concerned about in normal DIY practices like hot baths.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Microwaving a 30ml glass bottle for 8 to 10 seconds works too. If you try this, leave the bottle unsealed and test after its cooled back to room temp.

I suggest not trying this with a plastic bottle. Yesterday a guy at work tried microwaving his 5ml Dekang bottle (full of water) to help clean it, and it was slumped over when the oven went 'ding'. Guess 30 seconds was a little too much...

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Here something I tried today:

I was making samples of a new recipe and was impatient to try them, so I filled some empty 4ml glass bottles with the juice, put on screw tops and put them into my ultrasonic cleaner which was filled with hot water.

The samples were cloudy when I put them in but came out clear after their short high-frequency bath. (later they turned cloudy again)

The liquid had the flavor strength I would expect of a more 'matured' juice, so I think the heat and probably the ultrasonic treatment actually did help.

Next time I should divide a batch and 'sonic 1/2 of it, then compare samples.

DaDuke

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Very interesting Max. Definitely let us know when you try the sonic vs non-sonic samples test..... twiddles thumbs to the jeapordy theme playing...... ok Max, got those results yet? Well this is about impatience is it not? ;)

Anyway, i had considered getting one of those to see if it cleans atty's too. If it does this could make it double duty and justify the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread