Pre-steep / Re-steep ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Portland, Oregon
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I'm not coming up with the right search words to find it...

If I've already let blends sit for a week or so, then blend those together later, will the flavors change with steeping again?

As an example, I made up 'green tea' and 'peach' separately about a week and a half ago at about 18mg. The tea is tasting much better now, and the peach is less chemical tasting. Now I've mixed the two and diluted by half in unflavored PG/VG at the same ratio and nic content. Are they probably about at the final steeped flavor without waiting another week? I mean after just a little time to fully blend together.

I can't come back in time in another week to compare them side by side, and don't really want to mix up new batches of these single flavors just for curiosity (besides, I need to get more bottles)... if anyone already knows the answer.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I do this a lot. I have bottles of tobaccos that I've mixed and steeped, and bottles of sweet flavors (chocolate, vanilla, etc..). Before I go out for the day I mix up some tobacco and some (one or more) sweet liquid in a bottle that I keep in my pocket. I don't know, maybe it would get better after another steep, but it definitely doesn't just go back to being totally unsteeped (the tobacco still tastes good, unlike unsteeped tobacco).

dirtmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Well I tried it with a few things. They do change a little again when both parts are already steeped then mixed together, but not as much as starting from concentrate, and it only took a couple days for pre-steeped chocolate and coffee taste to come through again after they were mixed together. Even right after I mixed those two, it was almost normal, vapeable, but kind of flat like a little something was missing. The chocolate is more noticeable now along with some vanilla taste I didn't detect before.

The peach and green tea that were already steeped tasted pretty much the same (from what I can remember) when I first mixed them as they do now.

That all might be confounded by changing two things at the same time, all the flavors were also diluted in half after I figured out I can't use as much flavoring as most people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread