Paypal cancelled Johnson Creek account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Spatula City
Thursday morning we were told by PayPal that the company would not be processing future transactions relating to the e-cigarette industry

8-o :grr: Gah.

Well, THAT'S special. I guess it's finally time to set up a pre-paid card.

I'm glad my mondo-sized stocking up order went in early last week, so I won't have to worry for a bit.

Still, I agree that this may be a sign of things to come.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
But what I don't understand if Paypal is banning the purchase of e-cigs via their site, why can we still place an order with Runyan Direct? That's where I tried and it looked like it's no problem.

Are they just going to do this banning with the American companies? If so, that really sucks for our people trying to do business! And, it doesn't make sense because the overseas companies have to ship here. One and one are not adding up to two here.

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
But what I don't understand if Paypal is banning the purchase of e-cigs via their site, why can we still place an order with Runyan Direct?

They probably just haven't gotten there yet. I can't imagine they have any automated way to search for companies potentially selling e-cigs other than name searches or history searches. Probably gonna take them forever to get all the suppliers. Even then, new accounts will pop-up ongoing anyway I'm sure. Really a stupid thing to do on their part. I'm surprised and disgusted that PayPal has succumed to political pressure like this.

PuffinStuff

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Washington State
They probably just haven't gotten there yet. I can't imagine they have any automated way to search for companies potentially selling e-cigs other than name searches or history searches. Probably gonna take them forever to get all the suppliers. Even then, new accounts will pop-up ongoing anyway I'm sure. Really a stupid thing to do on their part. I'm surprised and disgusted that PayPal has succumed to political pressure like this.

What I suspect, and this is just speculation, is that JC had complaints, ie, someone tried to cancel an order or get a refund for a purchase through PayPal, bringing attention to the seller.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sharon, that is a great idea. I remember that they were having some problems getting orders out when they were making changes to their formula and web site. Would be nice to know if they just had complaints or if PayPal just singled them out.

Puff I just went to their website and in the news scrolling across the top of the page, which I clicked on, it brings up the letter or post that the OP put on the beginning of this thread so I didn't go any further.

maryjo

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Columbia, LA
I posted earlier that I had tried to order from TW using paypal and could not. So.....I tried again and it worked. I went back and went outside my paypal account and posted it as a credit card payment through paypay. It tried to make me go into my paypal account, but I just posted it as if I didn't have a paypal account. IT WENT THROUGH.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Posted this in another thread but I thought I should post it here as well:

I have already receved a reply from Heaven Gifts that they`ll go through Moneybookers if Paypal ban them...

Have to make an account...

Did they indicate at all, even through tone that they expect this might happen? I haven't received an answer back from paypal yet.

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Did they indicate at all, even through tone that they expect this might happen? I haven't received an answer back from paypal yet.

They said they are not sure yet, have not had indications but if it happens it is most likely they`ll probably go thru Moneybookers, and other payment methods....

bottom line... paypal are a bunch of jerks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread