Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
From Phil Busardo:

Published on May 30, 2015

A PBusardo Review & Contest - The ipv4 & Last Contest Winner & New Contest
In this video we do some shots, take a full look at the ipv4, find out who won the last contest, and kick off a new one!
NOTE - Lot's of official PBusardo .... ups in this video.
1) Wrong product in upper right corner.
2) Edit mess in the thumbs up thumbs down section.
3) Wrong contest end date, unless you take your time machine back to enter the contest. Correct date is the 31st of May.

What can I say... I'm only near perfect. :) Sorry gang.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
He liked the chipset and it's outstanding performance. He was moaning and griping about the battery cover and the mirrored display cover plate.
The mirrored issue is a very legitimate gripe, the battery cover IMHO is not.

I will admit that with those electronic analytic devices to show actual stats, that does help to understand the actual functions and output of these many various devices.
He has helped thousands of new and mid-level vapers. It just seems that he's in search of the elusive perfect device(s) that will suit him solely.
I will continue to watch his reviews, I always take with the proverbial "grain of salt".

He should have mentioned that iPV had updated the screen cover issue and is now supplying ones without the mirror over the display.
He didn't mention the black model. All of these issues were corrected prior to his review date.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
He liked the chipset and it's outstanding performance. He was moaning and griping about the battery cover and the mirrored display cover plate.
The mirrored issue is a very legitimate gripe, the battery cover IMHO is not.

But, Phil has always been a what we call in the American South: "A whiney bucket".

He can't just accept the device and such, EVERY device I've ever seen a review done by him, he nit-picks it to death.

A lot of new vapers "fawn" over Busardo, I will admit that with those electronic analytic devices to show actual stats, that does help to understand the actual functions and output of these many various devices. He has helped thousands of new and mid-level vapers. It just seems that he's in search of the elusive perfect device(s) that will suit him solely.
I will continue to watch his reviews, but his whining and moaning I always take with the proverbial "grain of salt".

He should have mentioned that iPV had updated the screen cover issue and is now supplying ones without the mirror over the display.
He didn't mention the black model. All of these issues were corrected prior to his review date.

He reviewed the unit they sent him, not one they were going to release after. The chip may be great but to my mind many of his issue were well founded. I have certainly seen people complain about glitches in the firmware so it aint perfect. In any case, whats the point of a review if it doesnt dig out the faults - as minor as they might be.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
I just watched it and I thought functionally he did like it, he had very positive things to say about the mechanics of the device. His gripe was with the mirrored finish on the screen which personally I think sucks on all the IPV's if you use them outdoors and the battery cover.

All the silver units coming stateside have had the mirror cover panel changed so the display is actually visible now.

ALL the black unit have the better looking screen cover and overall they're a much sharper looking unit than the silver ones.
The buttons are even better looking and have a better feel too.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I can understand the gripe about the mirrored display. I think it definitely detracts from the overall appeal to the device. The moving battery cover? I have never noticed that, so this is not an issue at all to me but I can understand that if the cover was loose on his device he would find fault with it. I find it surprising to get a no thumbs rating for those 2 issues when he clearly thought the temp control and wattage control were very good on the device (which is why I watched the review in the first place... to see how accurate the board was. And according to him it is very, very good).

The other thing I take issue with is his testing procedure. Surely in this day of lower wattage tanks and atties he should be testing more in the .2 to 1.8 range rather than testing the lowest value at .6ohm and the highest at 3.1ohm. This is just no longer a valid review for a preponderance of vapers today. Most mods clearly cater to the lower wattage vapers now and to not test devices at .2, .3, .4, .5ohm does not only exclude a huge amount of current users, but also eliminates testing the performance on many of the most used tanks like the Atlantis, Subtank, Heracles, Arctic, etc. These are the common devices being used today and if he is going to do a revue for the most folks he needs to consider the needs of the most folks. I get that he is a toodle vapor and digs his 1.5ohm Kayfuns. No problems there and by all means test it at that resistance level. But testing at 3.1ohms? Really?? I know there are a few folks at that resistance, but not many. It's time he reconsiders his audience and adjusts his testing methods to address the common vapers and tanks on the market... because this is clearly how the mods are now designed to function. To ignore the ranges that the mods were designed for is to review a different product than what I vape, even if it is the same mod. I just have no clear idea from his reviews how this will perform for me with an Atlantis.

We have moved on PBusardo, please join us. I love your reviews bro, but you need to step up your game a bit to include me, your faithful follower.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
He sticks that thick wire in to see if it really fires at 0.1 or 0.2 ohm, lol! And doesn't have a meltdown.

Agree though that no one who vapes at 3ohm buys a 100W mod. At least, I don't think they do.

I still think he does the most thorough mod reviews, and I do consider what he has to say. I don't have to agree with all of it, but I at least take it under consideration before I make buying decisions.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I really like him because he's a fellow Upstater and he's funny.

But I agree he's super outdated. He doesn't like modern stuff which is fine but not when your reviewing modern stuff.

On the IPV 4 I personally have to weigh all considerations and the feature set at 65 bucks is unstoppable.

The screen is stupid but honestly a non-issue in real life. Only a problem if you have to make adjustments in bright sunlight which I never do. Also interesting that he lives in Upstate NY where we see the sun maybe 8 times a year. Not like he lives in Florida or Ca.

Phil doesn't have much power over my buying habits but I'll watch his stuff for as long as he does it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I got mine today in black and have been using it for a couple hours. The new screen is bright and easy to read. It is a large device but not tough to handle. The battery cover is also nice and tight.

I have a Kanthal build going right now and it's producing a nice vape. I'll have to see how this device goes the distance but for $75 I pretty pleased.

chuckinclouds88

Jun 4, 2015
I really like him because he's a fellow Upstater and he's funny.

But I agree he's super outdated. He doesn't like modern stuff which is fine but not when your reviewing modern stuff.

On the IPV 4 I personally have to weigh all considerations and the feature set at 65 bucks is unstoppable.

The screen is stupid but honestly a non-issue in real life. Only a problem if you have to make adjustments in bright sunlight which I never do. Also interesting that he lives in Upstate NY where we see the sun maybe 8 times a year. Not like he lives in Florida or Ca.

Phil doesn't have much power over my buying habits but I'll watch his stuff for as long as he does it.
I have the black iPV4 and the screen issue is a non-factor on updated units. My screen is incredibly visible in any sunlight. I don't have the mirrored display (that I may add was easily fixable) that is complaind about.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
Do you have links to those reports. I'm fairly active on the net and have yet to see that mentioned.
My IPV4 was defective and certainly close to explosion. It would heat up to the point where it would burn to the touch on the entire bottom starting near USB under + - buttons. A 2-3 second drag at 30 watts would do this. This happens after 2 days use and progressed until the ohms readings would jump every drag from .050(the lowest) to 2.8, on a verified .2 ohm atomizer. This would happen on any atomizer, but at the shop we tested several and found the ohms meter was causing the voltage to be unreliable and was either the cause of the heat, or a side effect of it. If it continued to glitch out, it would have without doubt caused battery failure and possibly explosion. The batteries were hot to touch when taken out at the shop when it was replaced after testing several atomizers and resistance levels for about 20 minutes. I only had this mod under a week. It started as a mild issue, Each day got worse until each drag would burn my fingers. The shop happily replaced it for me with a new IPV4, Now I have no issues. You can follow my issues on the IPV4 preorder thread for verification of my claim. Also, if you are wondering, I used a brand new authentic pair of SAMSUNG 25R's, married, and did not vape above 50 watts until I got my second IPV, I usually vaped around 30. I still use the same one in my new IPV4 and they work fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread