PBusardo's Review of the Vapor Zeus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MystStick

ECF Veteran
Great review! Although, I do have to agree with him about the mouthpiece... I still can't get totally comfortable with it, even tried to take off the rubber cover, but felt the same issues Phil addressed. I wish he had really stressed the advantages of the USB charger (faster charging time and can vape and charge at the same time)... I kept waiting for him to hit on those items, but he never mentioned it. Also, it was hard to tell the Zeus is a 5 V device... he talked about it when he reviewed his numbers, but some may not have picked up on it as it was kind of buried in the rest of the review. Overall, I think he liked it (as he wouldn't give it away in the contest :)

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. MystStick there's an alternative dt you can use on the smileo. As with all things need is the mother of invention, had completely destroyed the silicon tip on my last smileo one night a while back. Took the whistle tip from one of the mega ego cartos and put it on (just don't push it all the way down, makes it impossible to remove). Will post pics later on with that set up if no one beats me to it.

Whistles

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Hutchinson
*suggestion* Steve and development team should make an adapter (Threaded) that has allows for a normal tip to be inserted. I think with a small seal you could easily make it for quick pull.

Ofcourse the problem would be quickness of filling... but atleast users have the option to go to a normal tip.

Anyone know what the threading is for the smilieo

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
I have to agree that the mouthpiece is a little big. I see what they were trying to do with making a tip you could clench in your teeth and vape hands-free, but I find the battery a bit heavy to do that comfortably, so I just don't use it in that way.

Another thing that would be nice is to be able to just buy the smileo body on its own separately from the cap. It seems a bit wasteful to toss out the cap when it's just the body of the smileo that's dead. The caps would likely last through many more uses.

But, all in all, I'm really liking the Zeus system. I was looking at all the various VV/VW mods out there but they're just so big and cumbersome. I liked the size of my eGo Twists, but they have their own issues. The performance drops off over time. I have to have several since I can't vape and charge at the same time. I often had to pull the posts a bit to get them to fire with some of the 510 clearos I used, or even use a 510-to-510 adapter (which I keep misplacing).

I had been thinking it was time to upgrade my kit. I didn't think I'd be interested in something non-variable, but the system as a whole just works. The 5v battery is just right for the resistance of the smileo. No tinkering. Plus it looks awesome. I do care about that. I've been through so many different clearos and tanks trying to find something that gave me a clean flavor. It's pretty refreshing to just be able to throw some juice in this thing, screw it on, and know I'm going to get an excellent vape start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread