PCC Mod for 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyZiE

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Monterey, Ca
I have a 510 and "that e-cig that shall not be named" and the batteries and attys are interchangeable.

Anybody up for modding "that e-cig that shall not be named"s PCC for the Yeti?

wait.... are they the same? seriously:lol:? interchangable both ways. are "the unmentionables" possible 510s with an auto switch. so th only thing that wont fit into the pcc is the maual button right? thats crazy. the unmentionables have a pretty rectched battery life, and so do the 510s, especially the auto switches. huh. how about the carts? are they close to one another? interchanbale?

thx for the heads up. if they ever dig themselves out of the backorder hole and get some better ship times i might ......... eh maybe.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Huh, the unmentionables case from what I can see looks very similar to the J118/VX2 PCC. The J118 batteries can indeed be used on the 510.

The 510 batteries (auto) will also thread into the J118 PCC, and the instructions references the L88 and L88B, one of which I believe is the unmentionable

Does the unmentionable PCC have a spring loaded connector, or is it threaded for the battery inside the PCC?

Last edited:

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
    Huh, the Blu case from what I can see looks very similar to the J118/VX2 PCC. The J118 batteries can indeed be used on the 510.

The 510 batteries (auto) will also thread into the J118 PCC, and the instructions references the L88 and L88B, one of which I believe is the Blu.

Does the Blu PCC have a spring loaded connector, or is it threaded for the battery inside the PCC?

Knight of Ni: Don't say that word!
    Wegster: What word?
    Knight of Ni: I cannot tell; suffice to say, it is one of the words the Knights of Ni cannot hear!

mixology

Apr 14, 2009
    vapezone.com
    Huh, the Blu case from what I can see looks very similar to the J118/VX2 PCC. The J118 batteries can indeed be used on the 510.

The 510 batteries (auto) will also thread into the J118 PCC, and the instructions references the L88 and L88B, one of which I believe is the Blu.

Does the Blu PCC have a spring loaded connector, or is it threaded for the battery inside the PCC?

The 510 battery does thread but the depth of the of the 510 positive connection does not reach the pcc connector. You could mod it by replacing the brass connector of the pcc with a 510 atomizer fitting.

The inside of a pcc (L88B):

img0120t.jpg

Zoom view of the connector.

img0122u.jpg

mixology

Apr 14, 2009
    vapezone.com
    But would you be able to get a manual battery in there? The holes at least assuming the PCC is very close to the J118, don't think you could...or it'd be *quite* tight.. ?

Without boring out the hole it's a tight fit, would likely have to widen it a tad...

The base charger is the same, the molded holes that holds the carts and batteries on the L88 is likely smaller to accompany the smaller diameter of the L88 model.

-----

It wouldn't cost you $10 dollars as that place you speak of only includes the charging case, you would also need the cable to charge the pcc which they charge extra for...unless you have your own ac adapter with the correct size power jack.

mixology

Apr 14, 2009
    vapezone.com
    I'm confused can I buy a PCC for a J118 and my 510 batteries will fit? I have shaved off the buttons so that is not a problem for me. I just HATE the current 510 pcc and have been looking to make my own for the past three weeks. This would be so much easier!

Although the JSB line of PCC are similar in size, the depth of the connector is different based on the models. The one that would fit a 510 would be the J118 pcc as it sits lower than an L88.

The connector should fit a 510 but not sure if the positive leg will reach as their depth is different. Would need to widen the hole to fit the button as the 118 design is actual screw in and not push engaged like the 510 pcc.

It also wouldn't be difficult to take the inner compartment of the 510 pcc and just fabricate a wider casing/housing. Would need to mold an additional plastic container if you wanted to house an extra battery or 3-6ml bottle of juice.

There are moldable plastics you can use like shapelock.

Here are some pics of the inners of a 510 PCC, I am not sure what you wanted to add, if its another slot channel for an additional battery then its not possible unless you find a wider casing. If you wanted to ditch the extra slots for carts then you have a pretty decent area to work with and can fit a small juice bottle (light white area shows the room you have to add extra stuff if you dremel that area out)

pcc2f.jpg

510pcc1.jpg

happily

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    The l88 threading is compatible with the 510, but the length and diameters are different so it would'nt be worth trying to fuss with interchanging pcc's and the l88's are like sucking air through a straw

edit actually......I'll do some work on it tonight and give a definite on it(since I have and dislike the l88b)

Last edited:

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2009
    Des Allemands, Louisiana
    I am not sure what you wanted to add, if its another slot channel for an additional battery then its not possible unless you find a wider casing. If you wanted to ditch the extra slots for carts then you have a pretty decent area to work with and can fit a small juice bottle (light white area shows the room you have to add extra stuff if you dremel that area out)

Well I was actually looking for a screw in connector instead of the push down connector it has currently as well as add a slot to fit a small bottle of juice, and perhaps a slot that could fit a fully assembled 510 ready to vape.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread