PCC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
So I've been experiencing the beginnings of battery failure lately ... I rotate 5 XLs ranging from 6 months to 1 month in age. One of my USB chargers failed a few days ago, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the battery issues yet or not. Since V4L has such a nice sale going right now I'm going to get a couple new XLs, but I'm also looking at a shorty PCC kit so that I have backup charging power when I'm out and about (my 12V ports in my vehicle seem to have gone flat as well and the fuse is good ... so now no on-the-go charging there either) -- and yes, I realize that I cannot charge my XLs with the PCC, but since there's no PCC option for my battery of choice I thought I might branch out to a shorty auto (I've only used manuals).

My question is this: Can I leave the shorty battery in the PCC and just carry it for back up ... or will constantly riding in the PCC drain the battery down over time so that it's not there for backup when I need it. Anyone with some experience with the V4L PCC willing to share said experiences with me, Please?

Thanks (and sorry for the rambling -- late night last night :oops:)!
Jan

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
It's my understanding you can still charge the XL's in the PCC, you just can't close the lid. Once my shorty's and regular's are changed I put them in the PCC backwards so the LED is touching the battery connection. That way I can store the battery in there without draining the charge on the PCC. :)

Nice! I might have thought of that after it gets here, but now I can dispense with any concern over it. Thanks that helps a lot!

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread