Peaches & Creme Yarn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twicehorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Dallas
Seems like there might be a couple of issues here. I think peaches n cream is the desired color because it's unbleached and undyed (or at least undyed). But then there's the material. Yarn is made of all kinds of materials, most of which would make rotten wicks.

If you've got cotton yarn, I have seen people say it wicks really slow. Also, yarn may be treated with sizing that might make it suck and may be unsafe to inhale. A boil or soak in water might help.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
^ peaches and cream is s brand of 100% cotton yarn found at Walmart.

The thing with yarn is it is spun tightly which makes the cotton a lot more dense. So you will have to play with the amount you use to get a comparable effect to a cotton ball wick.

I use both yarn and cotton balls on Kayfuns and drippers without a discernible difference between the two wicks.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I've been using Peaches & Cream yarn exclusively with my Kayfuns for a few months now and I really love it. I find it easier to put through a coil than a piece of cotton ball and it tastes just as great. I shoot for 1.3ohm builds using 28awg Kanthal and it's been working great for me. I'm not a cloud chaser, so it's not like I'm trying to get a ton of vapor to win a contest or anything, but I haven't noticed that it produces less than using a cotton ball, Ekowool, or silica.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
You've already gotten some good answers. Sorry I have never tried yarn but I have read some very positive things about it. The cotton is good and cheap too. :D I just wanted to welcome you to ecf. You will find so many wonderful people here that can help with just about anything. I think that is what is so special about ecf........the people. Glad you are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread