Peanut Butter, Coconut and Chocolate Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been DIYing for almost 2 years and I CANNOT make peanut butter, or coconut, or chocolate taste good. I have tried different brands at all sorts of percentages, but they all seem to have either no flavor or come out perfumey. What am I missing? Does anyone else have trouble with these particular flavors? My favorite flavor vendor is TFA, but I've tried Flavor West, Signature, and Cappela. I would love a juice that has all three, but haven't even attempted that yet! Help?

I've read all Bill's Magic Vapor logs, as well as many, many threads...I've steeped and not steeped...I'm baffled...

Reactions: Kenna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
CANNOT make peanut butter, or coconut, or chocolate taste good.
Peanut butter: This and Cheesecake mixes is a "expected taste perception problem". I been at it too for 2 years. The best I can come up with is a mix of TFA and CA Peanut Butter. The mix is still is missing something in my book.

Chocolate: The best flavor I can find in the readily affordable class is CA Chocolate Coconut Almond which comes close to real chocolate heaven. The down side, it is a very weak strength mix at 8%. Need new wick and clean coil to really get the taste. High end premium chocolates are out there and I have a few written down such as:

http://www.amazon.com/Chocolate-Flavor-Extract-Medicine-Flower/dp/B004OT707Y#customerReviews
http://www.liquidbarn.com/search?q=+Chocolate+Roll+
http://www.vaperstek.org/glamour-chocolate/
VZ-SC GOURMET CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE FLAVORING--Google
Molin Berry Glamour Chocolate --Google

All pretty pricey, but have read good things about each.

Coconut: Here again this is one of those "expected taste perception problem" things. You have probably tried the CA and other cost effective flavors for this. Might see above sites/blenders for Coconut at the high end.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So far, I've been almost completely unable to taste chocolate in a vape at all. I've tried chocolate pre-made juices, no taste; DIY flavor chocolates, no taste.

I recently got some Molinberry Glamour chocolate, but haven't yet tried it, as I have a cold, and nothing smells or tastes quite right, but that's my next one to try.

Andria

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
So far, I've been almost completely unable to taste chocolate in a vape at all. I've tried chocolate pre-made juices, no taste; DIY flavor chocolates, no taste.

I recently got some Molinberry Glamour chocolate, but haven't yet tried it, as I have a cold, and nothing smells or tastes quite right, but that's my next one to try.

Andria

I'd try a small bottle of Massacre from Casey Jones.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I've been DIYing for almost 2 years and I CANNOT make peanut butter, or coconut, or chocolate taste good. I have tried different brands at all sorts of percentages, but they all seem to have either no flavor or come out perfumey. What am I missing? Does anyone else have trouble with these particular flavors? My favorite flavor vendor is TFA, but I've tried Flavor West, Signature, and Cappela. I would love a juice that has all three, but haven't even attempted that yet! Help?

I've read all Bill's Magic Vapor logs, as well as many, many threads...I've steeped and not steeped...I'm baffled...

Peanut butter I find works wells at about 4% and is best with something sweet like Bavarian cream @ 6%. I would start with as little as possible as far as mixing in flavors.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'd try a small bottle of Massacre from Casey Jones.

Well, a) nothing like that seems to be available, and b) if it's not 85% PG, I couldn't vape it anyway, which is one of the main reasons I DIY. Since nothing like that seems to be available, I also have no way to know about the presence of diketones, which is another big reason I DIY.

Andria

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Lexibiscuit Seems Peanut Butter and chocolate needs a little extra something in the mix. I am going to tweak it a bit but I found Peanut butter v2 CAP is good at 1.5%. I have a good recipe with PB, Chocolate, and Caramel. Try this Caramel Candy (TFA) 1.5%, Dulce De Leche (TFA) 1%, Malted Milk (TFA) .5%, Milk Chocolate (TFA) 1%, Peanut Butter v2 (CAP) 1.5%, Super Sweet (CAP) 1%, and Whipped Cream (TFA) 1% Comes out almost like Reeses peanut butter cup with slight caramel flavor. Strong PB taste. I'm going to tweak it by changing PB and Caramel to 1%, and Milk Chocolate to 1.5% and see how it comes out. Hope this helps. Sometimes you need less flavor to get more out of the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread