Pelican 1060 Customized for Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Finally received my Pelican case / foam insert and got it cut out today. Turned out better than I expected, but this obviously isn't a small case to toss on your belt loop. I am hoping for a Serenity sleeve for that. But anyway, the foam is already perforated into 3/8" squares, which made the cut lines more accurate, but very tedious. I ended using a small exacto knife and completely cutting out squared areas through the entire hunk of foam. Then I cut the hunk of squares removed to the depth I wanted for the item and placed them flush with the bottom of the foam. Unfortunately I had to remove the black silicone insert from the case as it compressed the foam too much, making the cutout areas deform. But I did find some large "Duck Tape" squares at Walmart (in the craft section). That was used, with sticky side to foam, in order to hold all the loose squares in place. The section where my battery box is located goes completely through the foam in order to stack two high in that cutout. Placed some black poster board paper over the adhesive for that square to keep the battery boxes from sticking. Could have just used all poster board paper and spray adhesive, but like the texture of the duck tape square (they had many designs). Anyway, it will hold a provari with or without extended cap, the spare cap, 3 tanks or 2 tanks and a thingie (or all three thingies, with or without tanks in them), 4 tips or cartos, 4 batteries or whatever you want to fit in the battery boxes. Was going to make a juice bottle slot, but I have had them leak before and decided I would rather keep them separate. Anyway, I am happy with it and will use it to toss in my work duffel. 2013-05-09 21.42.22 (Copy).jpg 2013-05-09 21.43.29 (Copy).jpg 2013-05-09 21.42.47 (Copy).jpg

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
What the crap? I can't edit my own post in this section? Argh! Damn, next time I better hit spell check before submitting. Also can't do carriage returns unless in compatibility mode (which I wasn't when I create that post...obviously...curse you IE). :evil:

Anyway, didn't realize how small I made those pics. If anyone wants a larger one, say the word.

-=J

BabyBatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
CA, USA
What the crap? I can't edit my own post in this section? Argh! Damn, next time I better hit spell check before submitting. Also can't do carriage returns unless in compatibility mode (which I wasn't when I create that post...obviously...curse you IE). :evil:

Anyway, didn't realize how small I made those pics. If anyone wants a larger one, say the word.

-=J

Nice! I was just shopping around online the other night for a pelican case too

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Thought I might post another solution I found for the quick outing case. I originally bought it thinking it might fit my Galaxy S4 (the original PSP soft case fit it perfect though). Then I got around to playing with the case and a Provari, a tank or two and juice bottle fit in it perfectly (with the tank removed of course). I store the tanks in the IBTanked thingie cases and it works out perfect. The case has a nice Velcro belt or just belt loop strap making this a perfect short excursion case. I am also thinking my Billet Box will fit in it perfectly, we will see.

Amazon.com: PSP Go Soft Carrying Case: Video Games

-=J

macmiddlebrooks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Nice job!!!

Thanks! The recessed bits were a bit of a PITA to get cut semi-clean, but it was a good way to re-purpose the Otterbox that was just sitting around gathering dust. Now, I don't have to worry about stuff banging around against each other when traveling. Thanks to the OP for the clever idea :).

macmiddlebrooks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Nice setups!
Here's my "mini" version. HAD the box, needed a quick solution for a long day outside in the heat.
So I packed this up and threw it in the cooler - to keep the clearo's from leaking :)
PERFECT fit, with no planning - LOL.
View attachment 253318

Ahh, love it when things just fall into place nicely, like they were meant to :). Hard for me to tell what the pouch in the box is/what it holds..is it your wallet..or maybe your phone? I'm being nosy, pardon my rudeness!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread