Penelope Ohms going crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyTimeHarry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Cedar Park, TX
So I made a new coil about 4 days ago or so and it's been rocking 2.5 ohms since last night when I checked it. Well I pick up my trusy Provari to vape this morning and I'm getting the weakest vapor production ever. I check the ohms and my Penelope is pushing out 6.4 all of a sudden. I take it off, let it sit for 10 mins and then it's at 7.9. What the heck! I know I'm honna have to make a new one, but I was just wondering if anybofy knows what's going on here. I would like to try and avoid this in future if possible.

Thanks

HappyTimeHarry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Cedar Park, TX
I just took it apart and threw the coil away. I'll make a new one for it. It's just odd that it did that all of sudden. It was fine for about 4 or 5 days at a steady 2.5 ohms. I was pretty much out of the juice I was using on that coil anyway so I was going to have to create a new one when I switched flavors.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Not to trying to hijack your thread, but I'm having a similar, but much less extreme issue. Just wondering if it's normal for a newly built coil to fluctuate in resistance. I just built my first coil (from scratch, not pre-made from CoV) and it's reading 2.8 sometimes, and 3.1 sometimes. Is that unusual?

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I use a kick, so I can't really attest to how much my coils fluxtuate, but there is definitely a bit of it going on.

When I wrap a fresh coil at 2.5ohms, and then pop it in the atty, I get something closer to 3ohms. After a few days it seems to change a bit.

I wonder if your coil isn't too wet. Sometimes I get that when it's sort of flooded, feels like the kick is struggling to keep up with the flooded atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread