Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I wish my MVP2 had the same controls as my v3. The v3 controls are more intuitive.

I felt the same way you did...Until I realized that the MVP does not have +/- buttons. It has p/u buttons. I like not having to use a two button combo to switch modes. Just push the appropriate button and it's in the appropriate mode. Then continue to push the same button to adjust the value of that mode. Kind of genius. That way I don't have to remember Hold down + and fire or hold down - and fire to change to the appropriate mode.

Seattle444

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Everett, Wa
I bought the MVP V1 for my first APV and love it very much. I have recently bought the SVD and love that one also. My SVD just stays at home with my IGO W drippier on it and I take the MVP on the road with me. They both are great devices and I think I'm set for awhile with my hardware. I have mass MBV juices and keep ordering more all the time. Next juice will be 236 ml bottle of unflavored Nic and lots of bottles of flavoring. Doing my own mix works out to about $2.60 per 15ml bottle......Gotta love it Happy vaping All!!

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
I felt the same way you did...Until I realized that the MVP does not have +/- buttons. It has p/u buttons. I like not having to use a two button combo to switch modes. Just push the appropriate button and it's in the appropriate mode. Then continue to push the same button to adjust the value of that mode. Kind of genius. That way I don't have to remember Hold down + and fire or hold down - and fire to change to the appropriate mode.

Roger that .... :)

Conchord George

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
NH
I have an MVP 2 and two VV3s. I love them and use them both daily.

I think I paid around $25 or $26 for the VVs and I think they are a steal at that price. Had I know about the $20 sale, I probably would have grabbed another.

It's crazy to me that they could pack all the same features as their box mods in there AND a battery. Makes the VTR look like a monstrosity!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
And to think I spend 49.99 on my first itaste vv3 and thought it was an awesome deal....

But what was it exactly? The $26.00 option people are talking about is a bare battery only with a USB cable. It doesn't even come with an AC/USB wall charger. The more expensive kits (should) include the AC/USB charger and several clearos as well. Still might not justify nearly twice the price, but there are differences in what's included in the V3 kits.

Conchord George

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
NH
But what was it exactly? The $26.00 option people are talking about is a bare battery only with a USB cable. It doesn't even come with an AC/USB wall charger. The more expensive kits (should) include the AC/USB charger and several clearos as well. Still might not justify nearly twice the price, but there are differences in what's included in the V3 kits.

Yep.
Express Kit: VV unit and USB about $25
Starter Kit: VV unit, USB charger, wall adapter and 5 iClear16s about $40-$45

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
My first vv3 was the express kit from $50.00 from Sun-Vapers as my introduction to APV's. I got the battery and USB retractable cable in the nice box. No Wall wart.

That was the suggested retail price. I still think it is worth it. I think the MVP at $65.00 is still a good deal at retail.

I later bought two more express kits at $29.99 on E-bay from Vaportown.

The VV3 introduced me to VV/VW vaping, so it will always have a place in my heart, but my heart belongs to my MVP's.....

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I really like them both. I find myself using the v3 more when I'm at home and saving the MVP for when I go out and know I'll be away from a charger for a while. Unless I am going to something like darts and know that the v3 will last me til I get home, then I take that. I like them both but if I had to pick just one it would be the MVP2 hands down. Much longer battery life, capable of charging other items and I honestly like the feel of it better. Man after using the v3 the MVP feels like I'm lifting weights lol. I can't imagine going from a v3 to a vtr!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
I don't have the MVP 2. It's just too heavy & awkward for me to hold. Numb hands & shoulder issues. I do have & love my fraternal twin VV3's. If I was going to buy another APV, it would be the Coolfire II. The shape is easier for me to hold but it would stay at home since it's too heavy to carry although if I leave the house now for more than a couple hours; I package up 2 VV3's, 3 ego-C Twists all with loaded toppers and occasionally add another full topper or 2. If I'm going to work, I also slip my KR808 kit with 4 filled clearos, 2 filled cartos & a PCC (Personal Charging Case) in my pocket. I'm a little OCD about backups & flavors.

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
I must be vaping less than usual. I charged my MVP2 Sunday night and powered it off. I turned it on Monday morning and am still using it right now. I still do not like the form factor and would rather have a tube, but it is what it is. It provides consistent power smoothly. I would buy another one if I were in a pinch, but would prefer to move on to a smaller tube device.

I like my VV's fine, and like the form factor better than the MVP2. The MVP2 seems to be a bit better at power delivery though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread