People with child avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
Just curious...your siggy, while unoffending to me, has to be offensive to some here...would it not bother you if someone asked you, albeit nicely, to take it down? Not even a little? Will you remove it if someone asks?

My what?? siggy??? My avitar??? I know Im not Brad Pitt, but it shouldnt be offensive to anyone. Its a picture of me. I'll tell you what... If the FDA had a h*rd-on for people wearing ball caps standing up against the wall with their arms crossed, saying that its those types of people who they fear will abuse nicotine, or makers are targeting... then yep, I would. Hows that.
My best,
-VP

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
My what?? siggy??? My avitar??? I know Im not Brad Pitt, but it shouldnt be offensive to anyone. Its a picture of me. I'll tell you what... If the FDA had a h*rd-on for people wearing ball caps standing up against the wall with their arms crossed, saying that its those types of people who they fear will abuse nicotine, or makers are targeting... then yep, I would. Hows that.
My best,
-VP

Siggy is short for 'signature', not 'avatar'.

Ivisi

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
VP, lol, by siggy I mean signature-your reaction though was worth the mix up.
{Giggles}

Now I see your point. So to that I will say no. My signature is a saying. I can also back up the statement with examples of how religion has done no good. Unless the FDA was targeting folks who think the government will run the world and religion will ruin it, it will stay.:p
My best,
-VP

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
Pete,

I want to first start out by saying that I am in no way religious, but you made the statement that you can give examples of how religion has done no good, but you can find no such examples for politics? Just saying:p

LMAO!!! Im sorry my friend... to me, its implied!:D
My best,
-VP

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I agree 100% and completely with the below statement.

Bravo Tauk!

i need a show of hands here....

who here feels self important enough to REALLY believe ECF will be mentioned by the FDA in any way shape or form if/when they decide to ban ecigs??

george... i didn't have a problem with your suggestion in itself... my problem is the self importance being shown on the forum lately... not you specifically... because honestly.. children smoking isnt a funny thing (NOTHING to do with ecigs), and thusly... i somewhat agree with your suggestion

somehow i missed the part when i signed my life over to "the cause" when i bought my first ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE. exactly where in the paperwork did i sign up to be an "ambassador of vaping" when i signed up for the forum? if that is the case... please let me know.. give proof.. and the person showing said proof can have ALL of my vaping equipment.. cause i REALLY want no part of it.. it'd be ALOT easier to just pay marlboro to speak for me.

someone suggested that the antis will use whatever.. and even lie... YOU are ABSOLUTELY correct.. they WILL lie to get thier agenda on track... now the better point.. do you HONESTLY believe they need the verbage on ECF to LIE???? they don't NEED any proof whatsoever.. and quite frankly.. the debate as to our behaviour being the ruin or salvation of vaping is ridiculous and egotistical. you know who DOES need to mind thier P's and Q's?? suppliers... and suppliers ONLY.. as cunsumers we are who we are... we do as we do.. and if anybody doesn't like it.. to hell with them. the product is bought by people of different races/creed/religions/backgrounds/living circumstances/languages/sexes/etc... it CANNOT be judged by it's users.. other than we are ALL smokers.. thusly.. our character has already lost the battle if you REALLY believe we make that big of a difference...

anyways.. just got off a 10 hour shift that started at 1am.. so im tired and lost my train of thought... this post was meant in no way shape or form to be taken as an attack of any sort toward anyone on a personal level... if you think i meant YOU.. you may need to read it again and you will find you made my point. self-importance/ egotistical... i dont think THAT'S the way we need to be so easily portrayed

and just to double-point.. i only mention george because the first part pertained to OP.. that i agreed.. yet disgreed.. was not specifically toward you sir

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
The problem with that is that this is a private forum owned by Smokey Joe. If SJ does not want any photos of children he is entitled to make that request.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I think this is really the best solution to the issue... SJ is the owner and any policy statement regarding avatars should come from the management.

(Personally, I have difficulty with a few avatars and they are not all in the same theme.

I, also, have difficulty with flashing banners in the signature line. The flashing is so distracting that I never read what the person writes because I cannot focus my eyes on their lines of type. So, I move the page above or below their entry as soon as I see the flashing text.)

Last edited:

robbiehatfield

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2009
Oh these same dolts claimed that candy cigarettes led to children smoking the real ones back in the day. They don't have to sling much mud our way because they simply have the power and we don't. I just hope I live to see the day where that ends as well. Maybe the French will come through again and pin our government forces down in Yorktown again? LOL

Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread