People with child avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston George

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Rochester, NY
If someone wants mud to sling at us, the least of our concerns will be avatars, I think it was silly to ask (nicely or not) the forum to even be worried about it (and I dont and never did have a kid in my avatar!)...which is my entire point, we cant be free to post here, not honestly anyway, if we are worried about what some random reader might be reading or seeing. It renders the forum useless if we censor ourselves at every turn. {hello random reader...waves...}
If you dont like it, dont look. As human beings we have the option to not look at stuff. Unlike the poor creatures that dont have eyelids.

*Emphasis mine*

If you think its wrong to suggest something, even in a nice way, how can you be an advocate of free speech?

I am trying to have a discussion, you are fanning flames about your right to free speech.

You still don't acknowledge that I have said from the beginning that no one should be forced to change.

How can you be so intolerant of another point of view?

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
*Emphasis mine*

If you think its wrong to suggest something, even in a nice way, how can you be an advocate of free speech?

I am trying to have a discussion, you are fanning flames about your right to free speech.

You still don't acknowledge that I have said from the beginning that no one should be forced to change.

How can you be so intolerant of another point of view?

We can keep going if you like, or agree to disagree. I didnt say it was wrong, i said it was silly. I also never played the "rights" card- this isnt a political stance. I'm not intolerant, far from it. You layed a guilt trip, you can call it what you want, I call it hand slapping. I find it very comical that it has gone this far...seriously, its just funny now, isnt it?

Sexi

ECF Veteran
MrKrinkle, All I want to know is where you got your PV. That is the fatest looking E-cig I have ever seen. :cool:

its made by Labrador... top secret underground brand!!! Ive told you too much now I hafta keel you...

OMG! I remember that part of the movie. Watched them over & over & they are still funny.

This is a UK based forum. If any picture depicts any UK laws being broken the mods should remove it.

As far as Im aware , the lower age to actually smoke is 16 years. to purchase is 18 years.

picture of a smoking minor therefore depicts a UK law being broken.

That's my view on it anyhow. Frankly i couldn't give a monkey's uncle what people have as an avatar.

I Liked your last Avatar, ApOsTle51, it was cool.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
i need a show of hands here....

who here feels self important enough to REALLY believe ECF will be mentioned by the FDA in any way shape or form if/when they decide to ban ecigs??

george... i didn't have a problem with your suggestion in itself... my problem is the self importance being shown on the forum lately... not you specifically... because honestly.. children smoking isnt a funny thing (NOTHING to do with ecigs), and thusly... i somewhat agree with your suggestion

somehow i missed the part when i signed my life over to "the cause" when i bought my first ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE. exactly where in the paperwork did i sign up to be an "ambassador of vaping" when i signed up for the forum? if that is the case... please let me know.. give proof.. and the person showing said proof can have ALL of my vaping equipment.. cause i REALLY want no part of it.. it'd be ALOT easier to just pay marlboro to speak for me.

someone suggested that the antis will use whatever.. and even lie... YOU are ABSOLUTELY correct.. they WILL lie to get thier agenda on track... now the better point.. do you HONESTLY believe they need the verbage on ECF to LIE???? they don't NEED any proof whatsoever.. and quite frankly.. the debate as to our behaviour being the ruin or salvation of vaping is ridiculous and egotistical. you know who DOES need to mind thier P's and Q's?? suppliers... and suppliers ONLY.. as cunsumers we are who we are... we do as we do.. and if anybody doesn't like it.. to hell with them. the product is bought by people of different races/creed/religions/backgrounds/living circumstances/languages/sexes/etc... it CANNOT be judged by it's users.. other than we are ALL smokers.. thusly.. our character has already lost the battle if you REALLY believe we make that big of a difference...

anyways.. just got off a 10 hour shift that started at 1am.. so im tired and lost my train of thought... this post was meant in no way shape or form to be taken as an attack of any sort toward anyone on a personal level... if you think i meant YOU.. you may need to read it again and you will find you made my point. self-importance/ egotistical... i dont think THAT'S the way we need to be so easily portrayed

and just to double-point.. i only mention george because the first part pertained to OP.. that i agreed.. yet disgreed.. was not specifically toward you sir

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I Liked your last Avatar, ApOsTle51, it was cool.

right , that's it ..too many have said they liked my avatar and only one person said they didn't..I say thats pimms o'clock and i'm puttin buddy christ back on the map .....

btw...great post tauk. my thoughts exactly , u saved me some finger work ;)

Last edited:

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
i need a show of hands here....

who here feels self important enough to REALLY believe ECF will be mentioned by the FDA in any way shape or form if/when they decide to ban ecigs??

george... i didn't have a problem with your suggestion in itself... my problem is the self importance being shown on the forum lately... not you specifically... because honestly.. children smoking isnt a funny thing (NOTHING to do with ecigs), and thusly... i somewhat agree with your suggestion

somehow i missed the part when i signed my life over to "the cause" when i bought my first ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE. exactly where in the paperwork did i sign up to be an "ambassador of vaping" when i signed up for the forum? if that is the case... please let me know.. give proof.. and the person showing said proof can have ALL of my vaping equipment.. cause i REALLY want no part of it.. it'd be ALOT easier to just pay marlboro to speak for me.

someone suggested that the antis will use whatever.. and even lie... YOU are ABSOLUTELY correct.. they WILL lie to get thier agenda on track... now the better point.. do you HONESTLY believe they need the verbage on ECF to LIE???? they don't NEED any proof whatsoever.. and quite frankly.. the debate as to our behaviour being the ruin or salvation of vaping is ridiculous and egotistical. you know who DOES need to mind thier P's and Q's?? suppliers... and suppliers ONLY.. as cunsumers we are who we are... we do as we do.. and if anybody doesn't like it.. to hell with them. the product is bought by people of different races/creed/religions/backgrounds/living circumstances/languages/sexes/etc... it CANNOT be judged by it's users.. other than we are ALL smokers.. thusly.. our character has already lost the battle if you REALLY believe we make that big of a difference...

anyways.. just got off a 10 hour shift that started at 1am.. so im tired and lost my train of thought... this post was meant in no way shape or form to be taken as an attack of any sort toward anyone on a personal level... if you think i meant YOU.. you may need to read it again and you will find you made my point. self-importance/ egotistical... i dont think THAT'S the way we need to be so easily portrayed

and just to double-point.. i only mention george because the first part pertained to OP.. that i agreed.. yet disgreed.. was not specifically toward you sir

You said it all very well...could not agree more.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I was going to comment on this thread, but it seems to be growing larger and more rancorous rather faster than I can keep pace with. So this is just a plea for everyone to take a step back and a deep breath.

It's very easy to start shouting at each other, but noone here is the enemy. We have a common enemy, but that enemy is out there - not here on the forum.

A lot of good points have been made, and everyone has valid and passionate concerns about issues that affect us deeply in different ways, but the good points are getting swamped. If you have frustration to vent, how about emailing the FDA instead? That would actually be constructive.

Khandurian

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Cocoa Beach Florida Baby!
its made by Labrador... top secret underground brand!!! Ive told you too much now I hafta keel you...

It's not much of a secret for those of us that grew up during those times. We do know its mostly maui wowie, but its got some labradore in it.

That will teach you to leave on the table now wont it.

Poor dog... It blew his mind for 3 days...

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
Wow..What shocks me me most is how some handle their passionate responses, whether I disagree or agree with the aviator suggestion or not.. I do agree with Georges approach in the suggestion, that he felt strongly enough to make..He spoke his mind in the most gentlemanly way, never once stooping to an "attack stance"... Even in the face of direct attack for his view...There is nothing wrong with voicing your strong opposition to his view.. But, why the need to lace your words with such scorching heat..When your point could be made just as well with carefully chosen words for your forum friends..

I guess I'm just a pacifist at heart and always will be..Never understanding some peoples need for strong - bordering on attack, debate...I agree with Nic in aiming such passion where it belongs and even then as the saying goes..You get more bees with honey... :: pause::.. can't we allll just get along..:: lil laugh

Love, Peace and Vaping....Ivy

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
Your kiddin right? My lord I didnt call anyone a name, its a generalization of society.. sheesh, whateva bro.. get over yourself.

Nothing for me to get over bro. No Im not kidding. Your generalization of society is a poor one. If I am incorrect in my assumption that you are referring to folks who are attempting to be peacable and respectful, as spinless jellyfish I am sorry. I took your post at face value. Thats what I read from it.
My best,
-VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread