Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
I can't take credit for this one. I found it on the forum here and can't remember who originally posted it. This recipe tastes like a candy cane to my hubby ( I made it for him ). I don't like menthol at all, but I think it tastes pretty good.

TFA peppermint 10%
WL Menthol 5%
TFA Cream De Menthe 2%
Ethyl Maltol 2%
TFA Koolada 1%

Looks good
You have one lucky hubby

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
PEPPERMINT MOCHA
12% TFA Mocha -or- 12% FW Mocha (I personally prefer TFA's, which has more coffee taste to it)
5% FW Peppermint Candy
optional but recommended: 3% FA Fresh Cream
optional: additional sweetener

My Peppermint recipes all use Flavor West's Peppermint Candy flavor. In a side-by-side comparison with TFA, CAP, and Dekang Peppermint flavors, this is the one that tasted most pepperminty. The others include other mint notes (spearmint, menthol, etc.) by comparison. FW's Peppermint Candy is like Halo's Kringle's Curse with a little less 'cool hit' - add Koolada if you like more chill.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM
12% FW Ice Cream -or- 10% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
3-5% FW Peppermint Candy
Koolada, I like 1 drop per 5ml of mix...1 drop per ml give a sinus-clearing effect
optional but not necessary: extra sweetener

note: I personally don't like the Vanilla BEAN flavor at all, but my friends prefer it in this recipe. I like FW's flavor better :)

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
My ADV
2% LOR Peppermint Oil
4% EM
1% Sweetener (I use FW Sweetener, but any sucralose should do)

This is how I like it. Sweet and a nice peppermint hit. Slightly less peppermint oil for a subtle flavor, or a bit more if you want and Altoid. Loranne Peppermint Oil is VERY strong. You may want to start at 1% and see how you like it. Personally anything over 2.5% was too strong for me. This is the only peppermint flavor that tasted authentic to me. All the others just didn't cut it.

I mix this at 80% VG and use distilled water to make up the balance.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
My ADV
2% LOR Peppermint Oil
4% EM
1% Sweetener (I use FW Sweetener, but any sucralose should do)

This is how I like it. Sweet and a nice peppermint hit. Slightly less peppermint oil for a subtle flavor, or a bit more if you want and Altoid. Loranne Peppermint Oil is VERY strong. You may want to start at 1% and see how you like it. Personally anything over 2.5% was too strong for me. This is the only peppermint flavor that tasted authentic to me. All the others just didn't cut it.

I mix this at 80% VG and use distilled water to make up the balance.

I guess my taste buds are shot. I mix 4% LA Peppermint and 4% FW Cotton Candy (80/20, 20mg nic). Strong but good by itself or as a mixer with chocolates. I make it for two other people who must enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread