Perceptions of a Vapor Newbie... From 510 to GGTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

menemshablue

Mar 31, 2010
Boulder, CO
I have been a life-long smoker - about a pack a day for the past 30+ years. After walking into a smoke shop to purchase a lighter in NYC in February, my eye caught an ad for a new e-cig. I had never heard of e-cigs before, but it looked like something to try.

I dropped about $50 for a fly-by-night company's e-cig, ran home to charge it with its usb charger, and waited patiently until I could give this new concept a try. Two hours later, I connected the pre-filled cartridge and took my first pull...

It actually worked - it was not quite the feel and satisfaction of a cigarette, but it was close. I was amazed. The battery lasted about 15 minutes, worked better the first 5 minutes, and tasted better with a fresh cartridge - not a great situation, but I thought I was on to something.

I spent the next week researching e cigs on the internet and learned all sorts of new terms like VP, Attys, Cartomizers, etc... I also opened the door to an entirely new world once I found this forum and some other sources of information. I can't tell you how many e-cig video reviews I have watched. There is a whole world of people into vaping!

I decided that the best route for me was to purchase a Joye 510. It appeared to be the PV that would give the biggest bang, but still look fairly like a cigarette. I researched sources, from Oklahoma to China and decided that availability and delivery speed far outweighed the cost savings of waiting two weeks. I ordered a starter kit, a few extra attys, some ejuice, and extra cartridges.

Two days later my package arrived. An hour later I was pulling on my 510. I loved it. It was so far superior to my first e-cig and it was as satisfying as I hoped it would be. It seemed I had found what I was searching for.

Before the 510 arrived, I was still smoking a few analog (real) cigs. After I started using the 510, I have not picked up another analog cigarette. It appears those days are now over.

i have tired gum, patches, hypnosis, and anything and everything else I could find to stop smoking. Nothing had kept me from analog cigarettes until I found the 510.

The 510 has the option of using a push button battery or a battery that is activated by inhaling. I bought one of both. Quickly I learned that the manual push button is the way to go - enabling me to better control the experience. I have not used the automatic battery since.

I began investing in the 510. I purchased a number of batteries and other components, various chargers (the Totally Wicked 5 battery charger is great), and different ejuice. I found myself carrying around at least two batteries and at least one extra cartridge and atty. I was "sold" and totally loving vaping.

It seems I am a moderately heavy user. I was using the 510 more than I would smoke an analog cigarette, but not taking as many pulls at one time as one does when they smoke a cigarette. I seem to pick-up the 510 - take a few pulls, put it down and repeat the process about ten minutes later. The fact that I am not restricted to using it anywhere allows me to use it whenever I get the urge.

I began ordering different flavors of ejuice, filling my own cartridges, and enjoying the entire process. (I love Cappuccino flavor). In fact, the entire process of charging and filling, and replacing parts and keeping them clean and on and on... - well it sates some need. I have all of this cool paraphernalia that I get to play with and I get a great smoke with my 510. Its all good!

As I used the 510 more, I found that if I dripped the ejuice diretly on the atomizer that I get an awesome hit. When I combined that process with a fresh battery, it was even better. I found that a battery was lasting me a couple of hours, but the last 25% of that time was not as fulfilling.

During this time I continued to read about e-cigs on the net. I learned about the availability of all sort of vaping tools - Screwdrivers, Silver Bullets, Prodigys, Minis, Mods, etc....

My 510 is great, but could I find an e-cig that worked like my 510 with a fresh battery and ejuice on the atty? I learned that this probably came down to me finding an e-cig with a more powerful battery. I assumed that different manufacturers may have slightly different products, but the same voltage with the same atty had to produce similar results. I learned that the most common e-cig uses a 3.7v battery and that the 510 atomizer seemed to be the choice for those in the know. I was using both of these with my Joye, so the next logical step would be to find a larger battery e-cig that could utilize my investment in 510 components.

I heard so many great things about the new 3.7v Protege from PureSmoker that I almost purchased it. After second thought, a 3.7v battery is a 3.7v battery, so how much better could it be with my 510 atty? I decided against it and did more research. i narrowed my options down to the PureSmoker Prodigy V2 and the GG TS sold by Rob over at VaporKings.

The Prodigy V2 looked great. Although the output was regulated to 5v (which many experienced users claim is the "sweet spot" when smoking vaping), it could be unregulated to work at 6v and reduced to operate at 3.7v. it sounded versatile and the pricing is great. Unfortunately, the V2 was out of stock and will not be available for another month.

It looked like I was left with no option if I did not want to wait. GG seemed the way to go. I learned that Rob also carried the new GG SuperSlim - but this had a 7.4v battery, and I was concerned that it may be too much.

The GG Telescopic Storm as available. But the price was $212.00. Wow. I already had invested a great deal of cash into the 510 - now I was going to fork out over $200.00 for a product that I did not even know if I would be happy with.

I spent more time researching the GG TS. Imeo designs and manufacturers the product and has many videos on the net. He explains his products through his videos and there are many other reviews to watch also. Imeo and the GG's reputations are stellar. I have not seen one negative review him or his products. Imeo also takes much time to peruse these forums and address all of the issues that people raise. He could not be more involved in the process and it was apparant that quality and customer satisfaction is his main priority.

It was decided. I called Rob up the following day, he answered some questions I had on supplies, and I ordered one easily online for next day shipping to my office. I spent $259 for the GG TS, two sets of batteries, one charger, and an extra atomizer. It was a chunk of change, and I hoped I had made the right choice.

The following day i arrived at the office to the VaporKings package sitting on my desk. The contents was packaged professionally and the GG arrived safely packed in bubble wrap and in a beautiful soft, fuzzy fabric tie-pouch. It seemed as though I had received a piece of valuable jewelry.

I have many beautiful things in my life and it seems sort of overdoing it to rave about a vaping product. But... The GG TS is a piece of art. It is an incredible, simple design. Imeo has broken down the concept to use the least amount of parts, leaving out anything that can be broken, and manufacturing the rest using the finest materials and with the most beautiful design. It is simply perfect. It i smaller than I thought it would be and with the batteries loaded, fits in my hand perfectly and feels "just right". The button design is great - the locking mechanism is so simple and works well - the lathed metals are beautifully polished - the enrgaved name - the serial number... One can tell immediately that Imeo cares about what he makes and succeeds in manufacturing a first-rate product. thus far, I don't see how this may be improved upon.

After a couple of hours, I loaded the charged batteries, attached the atomizer, dripped in some ejuice, attached the cartridge, and put the GG to my mouth. I pushed the button, inhaled, and I found vaping bliss. I couldn't believe how great it felt. I had no idea what I was missing by not using high voltage batteries.

I loved the hit I was getting with the Joye 510 with the fresh battery and dripped ejuice, but using the GG took that experience up about 10 notches. the vapor was warm, the taste of my cappuccino ejuice was robust and covered my taste buds, and my lungs were filled and sated even more so that smoking an analog cigarette. The first inhale was simply bliss.

I took another pull off the GG and the experience was the same. I had found the holy grail of vaping.

I have had my GG for 24 hours. I find that every hit is as satisfying as the previous. The flavor, the throat hit, the feeling in my lungs - it is just great. Although I have another set of batteries on stand by, I am still using the first batch I charged - they are still going strong. I am also finding that I am vaping less. The hit satisfies me so much that I take a pull, enjoy it, and then sit the GG down for a while until I feel the urge again. I also can control the hit I get but pulling for a longer or shorter time - it is never "too much". I am sated with far less vaping than I was using the Joye 510.

Granted, it has only been 24 hours with the GG TS, but I am confident that I have found what I am looking for and that the GG will be my "go-to" PV for a long time to come. The money I spent seems that it was totally worth it, for the GG seems to be indestructible and I have Imeo and Rob standing by if I ever have an issue.

Thanks to imeo for building such a functional work of art. Thanks to Rob for providing the product so quickly and professionally. I am one happy customer.

I assume that I will use the GG at home and at the office. My Joye 510 will be used when I head out at night and away from my home bases. The Joye 510 is a great e-cig and it is certainly more "socially acceptable" to use out in public. So I guess, I have two great PVs to use depending upon the situation.

Some thoughts to those new-comers...

1. Most of the big-company, commercially advertised e-cigs look most like a real cigarette, so it is understandable how they would be the most logical to first purchase. Unfortunately, most of them do not work well and you will find yourself quickly moving on and seeking something more satisfying.

2. I would suggest to start with the Joye 510 or compatible (companies other than Joye have duplicated the e-cig and they seem to be just as good). Again, the manual battery lets you control the pull much better. The 510 seems to be the way to get the best vaping experience while not departing all that much from the look and feel of a real cig.

3. Experiment with ejuice. It is less costly than purchasing pre-filled cartridges, you get to experience different flavors, and you can improve the vaping experience by dripping on the atomizer.

5. If you decide that you want to experience vaping with a high voltage battery, spend some time researching this forum and other places. There seems to be a few great products out there from companies like PureSmoker and VaporKings (the GG). I am sure there are more, for I have much to still learn.

My mission is to now find the best ejuice available. I will write more when I make some progress. :thumbs:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Excellent post and almost perfectly describes my current situation minus the GG. I will suggest a pass thru to use your 510 stuff. It's 5 volts and blasts with a few drops on the atty. I'm analog free for 28 hours now and not looking back. Been looking at a Chuck or V2. Off now to look at a GG so THANKS for the info. :D

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I also used the 510 and found it satisfactory. I then wanted someone that produced more. I found this in a Super 6. My experience sounds similar to your experience you found with the GG. I am not that familiar with the GG but have read some reviews. It cost a little more than the Super 6 and I am wondering if it will be worth it.

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
I really looked at the super 6, and it appears to be a great mod. I choose the gg because of the telescoping action and its ability to take any battery.

My reasoning exactly, I think the Super-6 is a great product, but for me it has one downfall. The batteries that can be used in it, while the GGTS can use just about any battery.

To the OP, nice review and I can relate to many of your sentiments.

menemshablue

Mar 31, 2010
Boulder, CO
Wow - people are actually reading this. Thank you.

Clyde, my GGTS Serial number is #179.

I will look up the "Super 6". I am sure there are many wonderful companies manufacturing some quality products.

As a longtime entrepreneur and businessman, I so appreciate watching what appears to be a budding industry. The pro is that opportunity abounds - the con is the difficulty sorting out who are the "good guys". This forum is a great resource to learn and find one's way. The participation is remarkable. Very cool.

I am confident the GGTS will be the last PV I NEED for a very long time. I am also confident that as I learn more, there will be other PVs I WANT.

Its great to have found this new world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread