Perfumer's Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonercom

ECF Veteran
I am just preparing to get into DIY.

I do have alot of juice that, it turns out, is stronger than I like. So I figured I would buy spme PG and start with diluting the juice a little.

Late last week I ordered a bottle of PG and 100 pipettes from Perfumer's Apprentice. The order was shipped quickly and arrived well packed. The only problem was that instead of PG, I got Dipropylene Glycol.

A quick check on Wikipedia gave me pause as to the safety of this material.

I sent an email to P.A. Customer Service at 3:00 Monday morning and tottered off to bed. (Man, I gotta get a life) When I awoke, I found an email from Linda apologizing for the mistake and assuring me that a replacement was being shipped right away. BTW, I was impressed that the time stamp from her was 6:00 AM.

Anyway, I replied back to Linda thanking her for her prompt attention and requesting instructions for the return of the errant fluid. Again a quick response found it's way to my inbox. Linda thanked me for my concern, assured me that she had plenty in stock and asked me to dispose of the material as I saw fit. She did suggest that I pass it on to someone that practiced the art of perfumery. I now have a BOLO for such a person.

The replacement arrived today with a hand written apology.

Since I work in Customer Relations, I make it a point to publicly praise those merchants that provide me "Stellar Service." Vapor4Life and Mrs. T's for example.

Sorry about the long rant but I wanted to state that today I am happy to add THE PERFUMERS APPRENTICE to that list.

Thank you Linda.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
I agree totally that the response time and way Linda handles her business is extremely professional and great service. The only thing that concerns me here is sending the wrong stuff out. If it was someone not understanding what they got and vaped it as normal PG it could have been a very bad situation. I commend the way she handled the situation but I hope I havent got something wrong in the things Ive ordered that are mixed with PG.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
I know I wouldnt make a mistake based on labeling for sure, I was referring to a noob that really dont know about things, or the possibility of the wrong ingredient in a bottle mislabed as something its not. Im not knocking Linda in anyway and will continue to purchase from PA as her products and service as well as communication skills are great and 1St class all the way around.
I doubt it. Seems like a human mistake that's happened to all of us in the past.

Having read some of your other posts, you don't strike me as being careless enough to not look at a label before you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread