Perfumers Apprentice Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose
Caramel and caramel candy have been tricky for me too. It always ends up tasting flat and dull.

Yeah, that's it. It's really dull, and then I add more flavor and it tastes like crap, sweetener didn't help either... Ordered some capellas caramel to see how that one is, also planning on getting some EM on my next WL order to see if that will fix it

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
Yeah, that's it. It's really dull, and then I add more flavor and it tastes like crap, sweetener didn't help either... Ordered some capellas caramel to see how that one is, also planning on getting some EM on my next WL order to see if that will fix it

What did you think of Capella's caramel?

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
Looking for some help on strawberry ripe, and blueberry wild. They tasted awesome halfway through steepingbbut at full steep taste is lacking so I am thinking I am waaaay to strong on my flavorings... open to suggestions of %'s touve used successfully

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
Really hating the caramel so far, I tried it in 10%, 15%, mixed with ry4 and vanilla, solo and I can't seem to make it taste good. It has a really funny taste to it.... Any tips? Is the regular caramel just bad? Would I be better off with canday caramel or original?

The caramel has always been a tricky one for me as well. I've had much better luck with caramel original with numerous recipes.

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
I got the regular caramel once and it is awful, probably the worst thing i have ever tried... Caramel Candy seems to get alot of praise, I got that coming in today, hopefully it actually tastes like caramel

That's what I am working with. I'll get it figured out and posted...unless you beat me to it haha

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

VegasVaap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Laguna CA
so guys hazulnut + ry4 what percentages should i start at
kinda wanna make a small tester batch
please help me im new at this

Hey toxic, did you ever get an answer? That is what I'm trying to perfect right now. Starting with DRY4 at 8%, hazelnut at 1% and 2% in separate test batches. Both have .5% Vape Wizard included. I'll let you know. My base is 30/70 PG/VG however, not a big fan of too much PG.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Has anyone tried the Tobacco Blending Kit? I tried searching the forums with no luck. I'm really curious about this.

That looks like fun for a tobacco fan. I wonder what the 100 testing strips are for, pH? tasting? who knows.
If you try the kit, I'd love to hear how you like it and what you make!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread