• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pet Peeves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Remie: I read this to her- she said thanks (so much!) She's so talented, and very intelligent. Her comprehension is at collage level, and she literally memorizes the things she's told/or had read to her. I myself have ADD so understand teachers not understanding. Her potential is in the arts, this girl is truly gifted (but yes, gets a lot of the same "you're just lazy") I'm grateful that there ARE now programs in place so she can get the help she needs. She wants to be a school guidence councler when she's an adult, and has the empathy to back it up.
000_1404.jpg
That's my girl!
Sometimes it's the people who are challenged the most that shine the brightest.

Thank you SO much for you kind words. We appriciate it.

notsoogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
The REAL Washington
One of the few things I'm liking about my temporary home here in Kentucky: The drivers are slightly better then those I delt with in Tucson. Still hate "rush hour" that's a total oxymoron. Rush hour is my major pet peeve. Only time it's halfway fun is late summer when the firemen were out doing collections for something or another. Don't mind playing "hurry up and wait" when there are hunky firemen standing about holding up boots to oogle.

I get told all the time how well behaved and polite my kids are. I think it's nessesary to raise decent humans, darnit! So quit acting shocked and raise your own darn kids right instead of hoping my kids will rub off on yours. (Gurrr!!)

I get gumptious over that in particular. I have to constantly remind my children that when other children are rude or awful to them to forgive them for their parents bad choices.

My elder daughter has severe dyslexia and has to attend some "special" classes. Teachers adore her, and after a few hiccups when we're at a new school eventually the other kids start to love her too. But who is teaching these kids to be so hateful to folks who are diffrent?!

OMG!!! I visited some friends in Lexington and had to go on the freeways on occasion. I think the speed limit was 65...we were doing 80...AND PEOPLE WERE PASSING US LIKE WE WERE STANDING STILL!!! I was like...WTF!!!!!!!!! Around here you can get away most times with 5 over. It was crazy!!! 8-o

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Bug- What an absolutely gorgeous girl!! She's beautiful! And - It's so obvious that her beauty is inside as well as outside - it shies through her eyes!

You are obviously a great mom and have been the best advocate for her.

WE may not always take the shortest path from A to B ... but we do get there, and when we arrive, the journey has given us so much more to put on the table :)

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
What a good topic for me today, i need to vent a little. My In laws seem to think that We( My Husband and I) need to support them.

We work our butts off for the "things" we have, we do like nice things and probably over spend on things we dont need but i think that is our right to do what we want with our money.

So my Pet Peeve for today is about people who think they are "owed" something for sitting on thier butts all day and then making me feel bad because they dont have what we do.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Arizona Teacher Adds Etiquette to Lessons - AOL News

Look What I found today! Cool. But I think The teacher needs to also teach the girls that they have some social skills to brush up on too!
If girls behave like ladies..boys will treat them like that. I am not talking about on a sports field or in a class..that's where they should be aggressive. But on a date or in a group. If they act like boys, cussing and fighting, why should boys treat them with any respect?
I tell my almost 17 year old grandson to treat girls like ladies and with respect..even when they have no repect for themselves.

Mac, your daughter is beautiful! She has a cool sense of style too!

MsSki, I have never had to deal with that. But my daughters ex in laws are the same way. She told my daughter what she wanted for her birthday..like she was a bride with a wish list! It was too expensive and wasn't the kind of thing a son should give his mom! I told my daughter to tell her hubby to pick something out for his mom and save herself the grief!

You have to wonder what growing up with them was like.

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Todays pet peeve: My bank (Usaa) Having the greatest customer service in the world but STILL not letting me deposit my IRS check via their electronic deposit feature because it goes over the limit. Can't even get properly MAD at them because every one I spoke to was so friggin nice! HAve to mail it in instead.

kimsark

Feb 16, 2010
New Hampshire
Think my biggest pet peeve is my daughter calling just about every night when hubby and I sit down to eat. It doesn't matter what time we sit down the phone always rings. She's 29 years old and I still can't sit down to a hot meal. LOL

As for the toilet seat ..... I told my husband if I ever went into the bathroom at night and fell in I would climb back into bed, wet .... and all, and plaster it up against him. I guess it worked because he never leaves the seat up.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
My pet peeve for the day..I went to the grocery store and found my favorite tomato sauce was missing..after moving 20 cans I found it. I went and got the canned foods area manger and showed him. I then showed him how to stock. He said the holes had to be filled..I explained they would be if the kids didn't shove cans in front of them! Then the guy or gal that ordered wouldn't miss then and not reorder! Too many years as an invoice clerk I guess.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
I agree with you guys!

I also have a huge pet peeve regarding SARCASM. Sarcasm to me, is really passive aggressive, can be really mean and hurtful and it isn't funny!!
Again, with the guise of "I didn't mean anything by it". Really? You didn't mean to be hurtful? You really thought I would laugh? YOUR opinion or feelings buried beneath the sarcastic, not funny comments pushes the other person down and makes you feel better about your own insecurities! pfffft!

My Pet Peeve of the Day: The USPS! My small town little post office has to be the worst USPS anywhere. In the past 3 months: they have lost 2 incoming packages.

Last week: I mailed a few small packages all at the same time. Two of the packages I mailed have failed to get to where they were supposed to be and are seemingly *nowhere*. I don't know about the others that were sent at the same time. I am sure I will find out soon. My guess? my poor little packages are in USPS limbo? in a corner? in a bin smashed or shoved somewhere? because someone wanted to finish their shift and go home? Perhaps? :grr:

I would really like to know how things like this happen and why nobody is accountable.

What is the problem with the USPS!??? Granted, we have had a ton of snow up here and that can delay things... but I received a package the other day that was mailed to me AFTER I mailed the package to the same person! :(

It infuriates me! I just used regular shipping like I usually do and it shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 days tops to mail a package up or down the east coast, or anywhere actually.

Grrr... it just makes me frustrated and mad. I'm an honest person and I don't want people to think I didn't honor my end of a friendly "e-liquid swap" - or anything else!! :(

I am snowed in - again, the biggest part of the storm is still coming and the worst of it will hit us on Thursday!

It will probably be another day or so before I can get down the mountain (yes, jersey has mountains, and I live at the top of one! go figure! ROFL) to resend stuff.

I am considering just using UPS and giving the finger to the post office when I drive by it. LOL

I am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone who works for the USPS, it's not an easy job and I know people work very hard.

I just think my post office has had problems ever since I've lived here... :(
omg :( grrrrrr!! Bite me - USPS! :evil:

I just love this place - it feels so good to vent and rant! you guys rock :)
Being snowed in is fun and cozy, for a day... but I'm starting to feel like a cranky caged animal... is that what they call "cabin fever"? LOL

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Oh Remie, you had me chuckling at work over your flipping off the post office on your way to UPS! :D

I'm sorry you're having such a day. And yes, the next storm approaches.....8-o

I agree with you guys!

I am considering just using UPS and giving the finger to the post office when I drive by it. LOL

I am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone who works for the USPS, it's not an easy job and I know people work very hard.

I just think my post office has had problems ever since I've lived here... :(
omg :( grrrrrr!! Bite me - USPS! :evil:

I just love this place - it feels so good to vent and rant! you guys rock :)
Being snowed in is fun and cozy, for a day... but I'm starting to feel like a cranky caged animal... is that what they call "cabin fever"? LOL

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
You need to locate the song "Cabin Fever" from the album "Superman" by Barbra Streisand. It will become your anthem!

My USPS is great! For the most part..lol
One year a group of my friends were sending boxes to the troops overseas. One gal was receiving them and dividing the stuff up into smaller boxes to sent over with a ship headed to the area. Anyway I had a list of stuff to get..then I boxed it up..was told it had to be wrapped???? So I did and then mailed. A week or so later the lady still hadn't recieved my box. USPS had lost it. 6 months later they sent me back part of the wrapping..and said oops. They said my box went to the dead box place in Denver I think and would be auctioned off. I said open the darn thing! My address and the recieving address are inside. They said they could not do that with out a court order! What a freaking joke.
Whom ever bought my stuff got a box full of disposable razors, shampoo and conditioner all in teeny bottles and bags of microwave popcorn. That was my list. I also included some inexpensive Video cassettes (this was 10 years ago) and paperbacks.

Moral? Write your address on the box..on the outside! Even if they slap a sticker on it somewhere else.

Last edited:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
I had shipped a gift to Italy. I had documented and filled out all the paperwork for customs, etc. and insured the package. After 3 weeks and the package hadn't arrived, I filled out the necessary trace paperwork for the package - between the US mail and the postal service in Italy - it took 1 YEAR to tell me they didn't know where the package was or where it went.

Meanwhile 3 months after I mailed the package and it had arrived.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
I think everyone is just happier in Sunny-Florida, Mary Kay :)

They really don't make it easy for the mail carriers here, especially during a bad winter like this one.

There is over a foot of snow on the ground and when they plow the streets it just piles up. There are no sidewalks and those little mail trucks the carriers drive makes it nearly impossible for them to reach the mailboxes. They don't like to pull up long driveways either to deliver packages that won't fit into the mailboxes either.

They always seem so short-staffed at the post office. They act rushed and cranky, and seem so disorganized most of the time. It's the bane of my town and seems to be a frequent topic of conversation.

One of the best recently was - the mail carriers started hanging packages in plastic grocery bags from the little red flags on the mail boxes!! I was driving home one day and turned onto my street. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and really didn't pay attention - until I saw it again... I slowed down and saw a grocery bag hanging off a mail box.

As days and weeks went on I had a couple of deliveries hanging off my mailbox - in grocery bags. People started complaining that they weren't getting deliveries because kids were driving around just swiping the grocery bags from mail boxes!

I suppose the post office received enough complaints and the carriers stopped doing it.... on a regular basis. They still do it though!

A lot of people have P.O. boxes because mail delivery is often unreliable. It seems to happen in spurts. It's just fine for a long time... then gets really bad for a long time...

Oh the joys of a semi-rural small town. If this is what people have to complain most about around here.... :rolleyes:

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Wow - I don't know! If he signed his own name I suppose he was taking personal responsibility for it though. He saved you a trip to the post office by leaving the package instead of the notification... I would have been really surprised by that.

They don't get out and ring the door bell here for anything that requires a signature, they just leave the notification instructing you to pick it up at the post office and sign for it there.

Talk about opposites! It sounds like they go above and beyond in your town! Here, they won't even walk up the driveway to ring a doorbell :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread