• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pet Peeves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
yeah the burping doesn't bother me..nor does a fart slipping out but to walk up to someone and put your rear on their arm/head/wherever and let one rip?

Just remembered another pet peeve...wrongly loaded dishwashers. There are lots of right ways to load one and I don't care but when the kids or hubby just throw stuff in and it's not getting clean (and I'm the one having to scrub off the now cemented on crud) I get testy.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
since I'm the only one loading my dishwasher, i have only myself to blame if it's messed up.

my biggest pet peeve is when a certain coworker comes up and starts talking- no matter what I'm in the middle of doing. and then KEEPS talking, and talking, even if i'm obviously doing something that takes concentration and/or fine motor control

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
a sign would be nice. But a gag would be even better. One day, we were getting some equipement out of storage...and i was trying to look for what we needed, he kept talking while i was looking and i tripped over something in the aisle. he says "oh, I'm so sorry ..i was talking too much", and then KEPT ON TALKING....

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
ooh a TASER! that would work. at least for a few minutes at a time. i appreciate the t-shirt offer, but I'm afraid he would tell me about all of the t-shirts he's ever had, and the ones his kids have, and his friends have, and that one he saw...... :)

oh, wait, you're in key west kezygirl- I'll come pick it up. :)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
You guys are just evil! LOL

My peeve for the day..why is it when I work in the yard I pay for it for days after? My foot feels like I dropped a boulder on it! While picking up fallen oranges, I used the same motion for too long and it made my broken toe slip it's track again!
We went to the grocery store and I used an electric wheel chair thingy..Mike said, you know that commercial that says "we can get you a chair for free or little money for you"? I said yeah..he said well if and when you need one wait til I am gone! I had ran over his foot and backed into him twice!

Thya

Feb 18, 2010
Lawrenceville, Ga
MaryKay, what an excellent thread!

Ok....pet peeves:

1. Adults who cannot or will not train/discipline their children. (I know this one has been mentioned...but its a big one.) I really think most of the time it boils down to pure laziness...they just can't be bothered to teach their kids how to act.

2. People who's sense of self-importance greatly exceeds their politeness. Example: I was standing in line at the grocery store the other day, there was one person before me and I was only buying milk and batteries. This guy with an entire cart full of stuff "asks" if he can go in front of me because hes "running late". Now, I have many times, allowed people to check-out before me for various reasons (usually cause they are buying 1 or 2 things while I have lots)but this guy was shoving me out of the line with his cart while he was "asking" and not once did he make eye contact with me. So I said that I wouldn't be able to allow him to cut in line because I too, was "running late". He then rammed his cart into me and said, "Listen, I don't have time for your $h*t, move." I then informed the cashier, who called over the manager and I made a fuss about it...the end result being he was asked to leave the store.

3. Why is it that when driving on the highway people insist on cutting me off only to slow down? Is there a sign on my car that I am unaware of? :-x

4. Why is it so easy for my husband and kids to throw dirty clothes on TOP of the hamper, but so hard to throw dirty clothes INSIDE the hamper? :?:

5.My biggest pet peeve..... intolerance with a big dose of ignorance.

Last edited:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I was a child care worker at one time and often said "Kids are like lions, train them or be eaten alive!" All it takes is the one swat on the ......then a look of I am NOT kidding from then on. (with your OWN kids of course)Repetition works..Don't talk with a full mouth..works in about 3 years!:)
The best thing is to hear your child repeating your repititions to their kids!

Thya, OMG! I am so glad you stood your ground! Some people get so self important! he should have just skipped the store in the first place. I see people playing in the isles..reading the boxes..chatting with friends and then get all huffy when it comes to waiting in line!

I once heard a story about Chevy Chase, he was pulled over by a cop for whatever reason, he started yelling at the cop "Do you know who I am?" the cop said "no, do you?"

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
OOOOhhhh...got a new one!!

Um, why is it that service people never come when they say they will? The AC repair guy said he would arrive between 10am and 1pm on Monday.....he came at 2:30pm....Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Yeah and if you're not there at the agreed upon time to meet them they split. Guess their time is worth more than ours :mad:

Daifne

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Wisconsin
OOOOhhhh...got a new one!!

Um, why is it that service people never come when they say they will? The AC repair guy said he would arrive between 10am and 1pm on Monday.....he came at 2:30pm....Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

That's one of my pet peeves as well, and the reason I run my computer repair business the way I do. I treat my customers the way that I want to be treated, period. I give them a time range of about a half hour, say 3:00 to 3:30 and if I'm going to be late, even by a few minutes, I call them. I also gear my business towards first shifters since they are in the majority. They shouldn't have to take time off work for me to pick up their computer or return it and go over things with them. I start my runs at 3:00 pm and go until 9:00 pm as needed. Helps that I'm a second shifter at heart. ;-)

Marlise

Mar 4, 2010
Love this.
1. People with no sense of humor. I keep making funnies just to watch them go over their heads.

2. Folks who don't want to burn out the little directional lights and/or turn them on after they've started their turn.

3. People who got old when they hit 18. Old duffers in general, which is interesting since I just turned 70.

4. Ex-smokers. I don't mean vapers, just the formers who feel it's their duty to convert me to a non-nicotine world.

5. People who don't like animals. What's with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread