PG Allergies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the tenn cured in the sample pack so I know how good it is.

I will be there but my wife is going to be playing poker in manhattan. I don't think she is entirely fond of you. She had an internet savvy friend help her out and she looked over your website 8-o. I offered to pay for a few sessions in the labyrinth for her so she could get to know you better but that just seemed to make things worse.:confused:

The job I was on ran out of material today and I got laid off so i should be able to make it for the vape in too but if I get a call from the union I have to work.

DW
Cool.. sample packs rule. I am excited about the "tester" size at nuvape so I can see if I like them before I order any big bottles. BUmmer about no work for u.. but good to be union and be right back on unemployment! :)

The wife doesn't even know me yet! How can she not like me? Everyone likes me! That is why you should bring her... then she can get to know me and like me! Might change the protest to a meeting with the guy.. not sure yet... but PM me and we will figure it out.

So, Spikey, do you use Lorann's to make your own or is there something else without PG?

I use Loranns... it only bothers me if it is a flavor that I need to use high concentrations of. Otherwise it is a negligible enough amount that I am fine. Just ordered some Bickfords... but I am sure they are PG based as well.

ArizonaVapin

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2009
US, AZ
I just found a great link on the forum here. It seems I have been confusing suppliers and manufacturers as well. A representative for this company in China which supplies 90% of the liquid we vape, is very informative. It is a great thread to subscribe to either way. Also, it might be a good time to stock up on 36mg. He hints a bit about FDA approval as well.

Hangar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Something awful and strange has just started happening to me this past week...I say awful because it has stopped me from vaping!

I've been vaping (various PG liquids and ecig devices) for about 2 months now. At first i suffered with some minor sore throat pain and light headedness but after a week or 2 all seemed fine...but now all of a sudden, perhaps 2 months later I've developed some sort of throat condition which can only be decribed as "feels like you adams apple has tripled in size (even though it hasnt) and it is hard to swallow and at times breathing can also be more difficult than normal. Sometimes it gets so bad that I cant sleep as laying down seems to make it feel even more pronounced...just feels like constant pressure and swelling inside around the adams apple area as if my trachea is swelling shut.

Sometimes eating something temporarily makes it feel better, especially an apple..but it doesnt help for more than a few minutes usually. Im not sure if ive suddenly developed an allergy to PG or not but i havent vaped all day today and its still bothering me...how long does PG stay in ones system?...does it build up over time or does it dissipate daily in our waste?

Im wondering if this is related or not to vaping (which seems to bring out the worst in these symptoms for me).

ArizonaVapin

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2009
US, AZ
Something awful and strange has just started happening to me this past week...I say awful because it has stopped me from vaping!

I've been vaping (various PG liquids and ecig devices) for about 2 months now. At first i suffered with some minor sore throat pain and light headedness but after a week or 2 all seemed fine...but now all of a sudden, perhaps 2 months later I've developed some sort of throat condition which can only be decribed as "feels like you adams apple has tripled in size (even though it hasnt) and it is hard to swallow and at times breathing can also be more difficult than normal. Sometimes it gets so bad that I cant sleep as laying down seems to make it feel even more pronounced...just feels like constant pressure and swelling inside around the adams apple area as if my trachea is swelling shut.

Sometimes eating something temporarily makes it feel better, especially an apple..but it doesnt help for more than a few minutes usually. Im not sure if ive suddenly developed an allergy to PG or not but i havent vaped all day today and its still bothering me...how long does PG stay in ones system?...does it build up over time or does it dissipate daily in our waste?

Im wondering if this is related or not to vaping (which seems to bring out the worst in these symptoms for me).

Hangar go see a doc about that. I pray and doubt that it is related. Let us know what you find out.

Hey.. so sorry you feel crappy!!! I suggest waiting until it subsides a little.. but if you wana come over and get some Vg I can make some au-naturale for ya. I make it with vodka, l;emon juice, pure vg and Lorann's. just lemme know what strength nic you are using now and I can make you up some if you want.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Are you having stomach-trouble perhaps? This can be a sign of inflamed stomach-lining... especially the short-time help of some foods sounds like it could be this (and yes, I know you are feeling your throat, not your stomach... I was pretty surprised first time I got this about where it was coming from myself...) (btw had nothing to do with vaping, at least not for me; though vaping might add some more discomfort once you have this, until you are on the right meds).

Hangar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Are you having stomach-trouble perhaps? This can be a sign of inflamed stomach-lining... especially the short-time help of some foods sounds like it could be this (and yes, I know you are feeling your throat, not your stomach... I was pretty surprised first time I got this about where it was coming from myself...) (btw had nothing to do with vaping, at least not for me; though vaping might add some more discomfort once you have this, until you are on the right meds).

Katink - there is a possibility I may be suffering from acid reflux (GERD) and my vaping could be exacerbating the symptoms as you suggested. I am trying Prilosec now and we'll see if that starts to clear things up for me...I am also going to try some VG and PEG to see if these are less irritating for me.

Spikey - thanks, got it covered for now though!...if anything changes Ill give you a shout...hey by the way I heard you were at our annual board meeting last nite (i was at the doctor, heh)...my better half saw you...anyway apparently the no voting crap strikes again! arg!!

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I feel for anyone who is experiencing reactions or sensitivities. I went through that gamut for a while.

I finally isolated my problem to TW's liquids and had to stop vaping TW's stuff - and I really love their Menthol - bummer!

I was pretty miserable for a while, then I bought some ECOpure and all the reactions cleared up.

Then I slowly re-introduced myself to the different liquids I had on hand to see if it was any one supplier or if it was all of them.

I don't know who makes TW's liquid in China, but I don't have any reactions with eastmall.net liquids. I don't know what it is in TW's liquid that is causing my problems, but it's not in eastmall's liquids.

I am allergic to peanuts though, so I'm thinking it's probably one of TW's flavoring ingredients.

Totally Wicked lists the ingredients on the bottle that I have. I have no idea what the other suppliers ingredients are, but these are Totally Wicked's ingredients.

1. Tobacco essencial oil <5% (essencial should be essential - for flavoring)

2. Tobacco lead oil <5% (lead should be leaf - for flavoring)

3. Nicotine (from tobacco leaf) <3%

4. 2,3,5-Trimethylpyrazine <1% (for flavoring - 2,3,5-Trimethylpyrazine is excreted by ants as a way to communicate with other members of the species. It is a volatile, colorless liquid that is soluble in water and in most organic solvents. It has a nutty, roasted smell)

5. 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine <1% (for flavoring - 2,3,5,6-Tetramethylpyrazine is an active ingredient originally isolated from Ligusticum wallichii, a flowering plant in the carrot family)

6. 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine <1% (for flavoring - 2,5-Dimethylpyrazine is found in the poison gland of worker ants. It has a fried peanut or potato-like flavor. It is also an ingredient in cigarettes)

7. 2-Acetypyrazine <1% (should be Acetylpyrazine - for flavoring - added to cigarettes to give a popcorn-like flavor and aroma to the tobacco)

8. 2-Methyl butyic acid <1% (should be methyl butyric acid - for flavoring - naturally found in apples, apricots, cocoa, oriental tobacco, vinegar)

9. Terp ineol <1% (should be Terpineol - for flavoring - naturally occurring monoterpene alcohol that has been isolated from a variety of sources such as cajuput oil, pine oil, and petitgrain oil. Has a pleasant odor similar to lilac and is a common ingredient in perfumes, cosmetics, and flavors)

10. Ethyl maltol <1% (for flavoring - discovered in the 1970s. It was originally isolated from larch tree bark and is produced through fermentation-organic synthesis. Ethyl maltol occurs naturally in cereal, bread crust, coffee, and cocoa. This substance is also used as a flavor enhancer because it tends to mask bad tasting chemicals, and heightens richness and creamyness. The compound has been employed as a flavor enhancer in wine, chocolate, vanilla, fruit flavored drinks, pastries, candy, tobacco, cosmetics, and medicines.)

11. Guaiacol <1% (for flavoring - colourless aromatic oil derived from guaiacum or wood creosote - adds a smokey taste)

12. Acetyl pyridine <2% (for flavoring - naturally found in cocoa, coffee, roasted peanuts)

13. Octalactone(gamma) <1% (for flavoring - found in oak wood and produced by oxen, sheep, goats - has a fruity flavor)

14. Pure water <10%

15. Propylene glycol >65% (a colorless clear viscous liquid, produces a faintly sweet ordor and taste)

16. Glycerol <20% (a chemical compound also commonly called glycerin or glycerine. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations)

blort14

Apr 19, 2009
It depends on which liquid you buy. I just tried vapor4life.com and got terrible hives, previously I got hives from E-Cig.com juice.

I have been using Totally Wicked for the last 4 months with no problem, I shouldn't have changed brands but wanted stronger flavor. JC has good flavor and doesn't give hives but clogged my atomizers.

Just shop around, and buy small quantities to test at first.

It just takes a little trial and error until you find a brand you like. But TW seems pure, causes no hives. It's British, with a U.S. branch.

Good luck, Blort
-smoke-free for 8 months after smoking analog for 41 years.

vjnnc

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
I realize this is an ancient post - but thought I'd toss in my two cents anyhow. I was vaping using a PG based liquid for more than a year before I started having issues; I got a round rash in the center of my chest at first, then my skin started to get real dry, particularly on my face - then I started getting a rash on my face and forehead. Switched to just using VG based liquid and saw some improvement. Found a flavor I LOVE from diyflavorshack.com and started mixing it with VG Nic juice; problems came back. Seems the flavoring has PG base - and I'm not happy with any of the premixed VG liquids. Back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread