PG vs VG flavor differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisabateman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
South Carolina
I may have to change from PG (which I preferred for taste and TH) to VG due to a possible allergy. I have VG, so I made up some VG with a favorite flavor. Yuck!:(

So, is there a true difference in flavoring PG vs VG or am I imagining it due to the consistence difference or something? If there is a true difference, are there any general "guidelines" to use while making the switch?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I may have to change from PG (which I preferred for taste and TH) to VG due to a possible allergy. I have VG, so I made up some VG with a favorite flavor. Yuck!:(

So, is there a true difference in flavoring PG vs VG or am I imagining it due to the consistence difference or something? If there is a true difference, are there any general "guidelines" to use while making the switch?

Before adding the base nic ejuice and the flavoring, you should dilute the VG with either H20 or PGA - pure grain alcohol - I use Galen's 151 Vodka ($12/fifth) uncolored, unflavored, charcoal filtered. The PGA can regain some of the TH. And you blend them at a 80:20 VG:H20/PGA ratio. Even then, VG may taste a bit sweeter and smoother than PG.

Another alternative is PEG 400 and I'm unsure if other PG allergy vapers have had success with this, but it is not sweet at all and would be better in throat hit as well. It might be worth a try. Totally Wicked sells it. Not sure who else. The VG (Aqueous Glycerin) that TW sells is already cut with H2O, but that's something you could easily do with the VG you have - always make sure it is USP labelled for human consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread