• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pharmaceutical PG and VG

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Aussies, dont know if you have your own supplies or not, but I have sourced Pharmaceutical Propylene Glycol and Glycerol ( Vegetable Glycerin) This is the purest form available and is Australian made by Biotech Chemicals in Laverton,Melbourne. they do not however sell direct. I have 2 500ml bottles of each here if anyone is looking to perhaps cut their higher mg nics... give me a hoi if you are interested .... works out around $6 per 100 ml by the time it gets to me. Not the cheapest but definately the purest and def made in Aussie, not overseas.

Last edited:
Hmmm I haven't gone into the flavouring side of it too much , but as a rule you would want to stick to natural flavours that contain neither oils or sugars in large amounts, both will kill your atomiser quicker than blinking. I am actually looking at Galenical menthol crystals to put into mine... and I'm not a menthol smoker either lol
I wonder if the Bickfords everyone raves about are the same as our bickfords???
PM sent regarding the 100 mls

'Queen Essence' seems to be the most popular flavour in supermarkets here. I can't find any information on the stuff online. Might have to pop into woolies and have a look at the ingredients.

I think they are mainly alcohol/water based , so they might be good for watering the PG/VG down , its reasonably thick stuff, kinda like a clear motor oil consistancy but a little thinner?

Ummmm Just when I thought I had got the best deal for PG , up pops an old mate who can give me any quantity I want of food grade PG 99.99% pure !!!not up to the 99.999 of the pharmaceutical grade tho LOL so it looks like I might be able to offer this at a VERY reduced price... depends on whether you lot want it or not .... minimum its worth me getting is 4 litres tho so get yer orders in if you want it and if we get enough interest I will grab that as well !!! I expect before postage etc it will come out at about $20 a litre ex my place, slightly more for smaller amounts , thats less than 1/3 of the BP grade !!

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
Well I picked up a bottle of Queen Essence rum flavour. Ingredients are water, propylene glycol, glycerine and "natural rum flavour".

I tried mixing it with some 18mg tobacco flavoured juice, and it turned out to be quite nice. The vapour is very thick, and the rum flavour delicious.

I'm afraid though, that this eliminates my need for pure PG. I thought the flavour might have been more concentrated, and I'd only need a few drops to taste it, but it turns out a 50% mix is required for a good amount of flavour.

I tried vaping it straight as well, and it was pretty impressive. Much cheaper than buying 0 nic liquid.

gizmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Australia
Hows that Queen essence cucurucho..

I have a bottle of "vanilla flavoring essence" here but just mentions extract of vanilla beans..(Alcohol content 35% water)sugar

plus keep away from heat & naked flame.:p

I had visions of this happening when pushing the screwdriver button.:evil:hehehe

Gonna try my local for the Natural Aniseed Essence :D

YouTube - German Technology VS Arab Technology

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
Hows that Queen essence cucurucho..

I have a bottle of "vanilla flavoring essence" here but just mentions extract of vanilla beans..(Alcohol content 35% water)sugar

It's good stuff. Plenty of delicious rum flavour. I was vaping my mix all last night, and stupidly forgot to bring it into work today.

Probably best not to use that vanilla stuff. The sugar could caramelise and kill your atomiser... I think they have two vanilla flavours, it might be worth checking out whichever one you haven't got :) They've got a pretty good range of flavours, so I think I'll be trying some more out soon.

gizmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Australia
I'll have a sticky at the shop later..used to have a bottle of Black Label Vanilla Extract..around $12 a bottle,but it all went into pavs & cheesecake :p

Picked up a bottle of rum & one of strawberry...was syringing between the 2..both are quite yummy and yeah...nice thick vapor :)..syringing Queen essence though does look a bit odd :D

Still looking for vanilla without sugar & anise..a bigger supermarket is my next stop. :)

Last edited:

sydgal

Jan 24, 2009
Australia
'Queen Essence' seems to be the most popular flavour in supermarkets here. I can't find any information on the stuff online. Might have to pop into woolies and have a look at the ingredients.

Got some of this from Franklins yesterday ($1.75 on special for 100ml) :D
On the front it says 'Queen finest quality Glycerine'.
The only ingredient listed on the side is: finest quality glycerine
Then is says 'add to icing for a smooth, professional finish. Maintains moistness in fruit cakes and puddings'.

I'm assuming this is the right stuff? :?:

sydgal

Jan 24, 2009
Australia
Ya, that thread. Really, I think it's just the unknown factor creeping in with me being new and all and wanting to find out everything. That little post (OK, so it's not so little) about acrolein and atomisers heating to blah blah may cause cancer, did have me worried... Yet, I'm quite happy to smoke analogues which are strongly linked to various health problems including cancer. Makes perfect sense really! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread