Phevanda MTL A1 RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
I was watching the Italian reviewers on utube....it looks like it can go down to quite a tight draw...?
What coil you have there...resistance and watts?

Yes, the outer airflow adjustments allow for a pretty tight draw. Using either the oval insert, or the one with three holes, it can do at least as much airflow a a kayfun V5. Therefore I used the same coil which works great in the kayfun V5, Le Concorde and multiple other atties. It is a twisted 28G 2mm ID, and I think it is about 8 wraps. Running it at 16 watts.

Next I will try a more "true" MTL build using single wire and making the coil spaced. We'll see what that brings.

• Agree
Reactions: Fredman1

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I see on facebook they're getting ready to launch this one..
Screenshot_20180609-110114.png

Reactions: mrjohs

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
That new one sure looks interesting, it is in the try-queue (quest for the perfect rda) next after the Ammit MTL.

I tried a more classic MTL build, 26G round wire on a 2mm rod, 8 wraps spaced. Ran it anywhere from 10 to 18 watts, with the insert with 2 holes. Still no cigar, still the same symptoms of sloppy vapor production and too hot vapor.

I tried blowing vapor into the outer air hole to see the trajectory of the air. Granted, air under suction will behave differently, but I was hoping to uncover something. I did not, the vapor blew straight up from the airholes under the coil.

Really: It is not that bad. Definitely better than the Berserker, but not up there with the Le Concorde clones. Maybe I'm getting too old for throat hits and prefer a milder, denser vape. Who knows, but it would not surprise me if many people would like it, since many people like the Berserker and they vape much the same.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah each to their own, is what I like about the vaping hobby....:D
I'm one of those that loves the beserker...aside from the gurgling thing that is. Once that is sorted, its a damn good mtl vape.
With the le Concorde...I just can't get on with it. Its not a true mtl. I have to choke it to a fraction of one hole, to get the mtl I like. It just don't work for me...
I spoke to the Phevanda people about the A1. They withdrew it and sent it back for modification. As said above, its to do with the vampire...
Right now i'm sitting pretty..waiting on the Ammit. I've got the highest hopes for that. Something says to me, i'll be buying more...it just looks the real deal...doesn't it?

Last edited:

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Yeah each to their own, is what I like about the vaping hobby....:D
I'm one of those that loves the beserker...aside from the gurgling thing that is. Once that is sorted, its a damn good mtl vape.
With the le Concorde...I just can't get on with it. Its not a true mtl. I have to choke it to a fraction of one hole, to get the mtl I like. It just don't work for me...
I spoke to the Phevanda people about the A1. They withdrew it and sent it back for modification. As said above, its to do with the vampire...
Right now i'm sitting pretty..waiting on the Ammit. I've got the highest hopes for that. Something says to me, i'll be buying more...it just looks the real deal...doesn't it?

Yeah... I sort of agree with you with regards to the Le Concorde. I like it that way, though, my favourite amount of air is a Kayfun 5 on the "2" setting. As pbusardo once said, the only "true" mtl is the mtl that YOU like. I rock the Concorde with 1 or 2 holes, and it is perfect for me.

I am a bit puzzled with what you said about the Berserker, though, I can hardly make it tighter than a Kayfun 5 with any of the inserts and outer hole adjustments. Makes me wonder (even more) if there is something wrong with mine.

I've also got an Ammit MTL on its way. Had thought the wait would be endless, but 3fvape actually shipped it today. Wether it is "the real deal" you'll not know before you've tried it. I have realized that one has to try these things to know if one likes them, no matter what reviewer or forum member says.

• Agree
Reactions: Fredman1

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Ah, i'm afraid we have a misunderstanding here and the fault is mine. I was talking about the Beserker mini rta. I went back and see you're talking about the rda. My apologies....:?:
I have one, and I don't like it at all, for exactly the reasons you mentioned.
Yeah you are soooo right about being over optimistic. I've been there. Hope I don't have to eat my words...again :w00t:

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread