Phiniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Arkansas
I been vaping for about 3 -4 weeks now ( did some few years back but went back to stinkys as ego t just did not do for me). I was all happy with my pro tank 3 ego Vv3 set up with a vision spinner back up. Then i got sick and tired of the constant charging and hubby suprised me w provari (sorry had to bring that up again. I know made several posts about it but i am soooooo stoked) .. Along with provari ordered a phiniac which is still in the mail. I am absolutely not a diy build you own type so ordered some boges with holes already in them... Cant wait for it to get here and actually find out if i am smart enough to use one lol

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
Ok Mogy, the tank just arrived and here are my first impression:

Packaging is solid, well protected in bubble wrap and it comes in a nice leather pouch with the Phiniac logo in red. There was no paperwork of any kind in the box, not sure why they wouldn't enclose an invoice but my order record is on their website so I wasn't too concerned with that.

I ordered the sand blasted wolf design and had my name engraved on the other side with blue color in the etching, the blue could be a little darker, but overall I am happy with the look.

I didn't order any color caps but the black end caps that come with it fit well, no slipping or leaking and they seem like they are good quality. There were also extra O-rings in a little Baggie.

Filling it was easy, the standard carto was a tight fit and went in easier after lubing it with a little liquid. Once the carto slid in place though. Filling and priming the carto were a breeze.

I had a good vape mail day as the liquids I had ordered from Sun Vapers also arrived today. I had never ordered from there before, but they had 50% off Joes Flavors so I had to try at that price! Don't know how long the sale is good for, I found it in the deals and steals thread...if it is still good I highly recommend it.

So I have no patience, not sure if flavors will improve even more with steeping but the brown sugar peaches and pears I was waiting to try went right in the tank and it is great right out of the bottle. Tastes just like it's described. I am not getting any artificial fruity/candy flavors and the throat hit is solid as is the vapor production.

You probably got more info than you were looking for here....bonus liquid review even! I am sure you will enjoy your tank when it arrives!

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
Ok Mogy...here's a few pics. I used a smoktech 2.2 ohm single hole standard flanged carto that I had laying around. I prefer a little higher resistance carto on my ProVari, but the 2.2 is working ok. As long as I keep the wattage down around 3.9-4.3 the taste is great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 62

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
Thanks txcolt. So far I am pretty happy with the tank. I may order some color end caps at some point, but I am a little hesitant. The delrin caps that come with the tank are good, and I've seen a few reviews that say the color on phiniacs anodized end caps wears off or chips off. I don't know if IBTanks end caps will fit on the phiniac, next time I tear down both tanks for a good cleaning I will try the IBTank caps on the phiniac to see if they will fit.

Last edited:

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
Pimpalishious bro!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Love that....pimpalishious made me laugh....it's sis tho.

If you decide you like the carto tank, I suggest you try IBTanked next. The one I have is a 22 mm halfling with blue/green bold swirl and blue end caps and drip tip. The whole set up was about the same price as the phiniac was just for the tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread