The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Phiniac

Discussion in 'Carto Tanks' started by Mogy, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mogy

Mogy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    I been vaping for about 3 -4 weeks now ( did some few years back but went back to stinkys as ego t just did not do for me). I was all happy with my pro tank 3 ego Vv3 set up with a vision spinner back up. Then i got sick and tired of the constant charging and hubby suprised me w provari (sorry had to bring that up again. I know made several posts about it but i am soooooo stoked) .. Along with provari ordered a phiniac which is still in the mail. I am absolutely not a diy build you own type so ordered some boges with holes already in them... Cant wait for it to get here and actually find out if i am smart enough to use one lol

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
  3. Kbennett65

Kbennett65 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    Northern, Wi, USA
    Hi Mogy! I have a phiniac in the mail too. Expecting delivery maybe tomorrow. Let's compare notes here when we get them.

4. Mogy

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Thank you so much for the phantastic link. I ordered the tool that phiniac had when i ordered the tank. If it does not work i will slap your mama .... :)

5. Kbennett65

Dec 24, 2013
    Northern, Wi, USA
    Ok Mogy, the tank just arrived and here are my first impression:

Packaging is solid, well protected in bubble wrap and it comes in a nice leather pouch with the Phiniac logo in red. There was no paperwork of any kind in the box, not sure why they wouldn't enclose an invoice but my order record is on their website so I wasn't too concerned with that.

I ordered the sand blasted wolf design and had my name engraved on the other side with blue color in the etching, the blue could be a little darker, but overall I am happy with the look.

I didn't order any color caps but the black end caps that come with it fit well, no slipping or leaking and they seem like they are good quality. There were also extra O-rings in a little Baggie.

Filling it was easy, the standard carto was a tight fit and went in easier after lubing it with a little liquid. Once the carto slid in place though. Filling and priming the carto were a breeze.

I had a good vape mail day as the liquids I had ordered from Sun Vapers also arrived today. I had never ordered from there before, but they had 50% off Joes Flavors so I had to try at that price! Don't know how long the sale is good for, I found it in the deals and steals thread...if it is still good I highly recommend it.

So I have no patience, not sure if flavors will improve even more with steeping but the brown sugar peaches and pears I was waiting to try went right in the tank and it is great right out of the bottle. Tastes just like it's described. I am not getting any artificial fruity/candy flavors and the throat hit is solid as is the vapor production.

You probably got more info than you were looking for here....bonus liquid review even! I am sure you will enjoy your tank when it arrives!

6. Mogy

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    This makes me even more anxious for it to get here lol!! I did not order any colored caps either.... Would not mind seeing a picture of yours :)

Forgot to asks which cartos do you prefer?

7. Kbennett65

Dec 24, 2013
    Northern, Wi, USA
    Ok Mogy...here's a few pics. I used a smoktech 2.2 ohm single hole standard flanged carto that I had laying around. I prefer a little higher resistance carto on my ProVari, but the 2.2 is working ok. As long as I keep the wattage down around 3.9-4.3 the taste is great.

Attached Files:

8. txcolt

txcolt Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2013
    Plano, TX
    Looks great. Thanks for sharing the pic and glad it is doing well for you.

9. Kbennett65

Dec 24, 2013
    Northern, Wi, USA
    Thanks txcolt. So far I am pretty happy with the tank. I may order some color end caps at some point, but I am a little hesitant. The delrin caps that come with the tank are good, and I've seen a few reviews that say the color on phiniacs anodized end caps wears off or chips off. I don't know if IBTanks end caps will fit on the phiniac, next time I tear down both tanks for a good cleaning I will try the IBTank caps on the phiniac to see if they will fit.

10. Mogy

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Pimpalishious bro!!!!!!!!!!

11. Kbennett65

Dec 24, 2013
    Northern, Wi, USA
    Thanks! Love that....pimpalishious made me laugh....it's sis tho.

If you decide you like the carto tank, I suggest you try IBTanked next. The one I have is a 22 mm halfling with blue/green bold swirl and blue end caps and drip tip. The whole set up was about the same price as the phiniac was just for the tank.

Attached Files:

12. Mogy

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    My apologies .... Pimpalishious sis!!!!!!! Yes i was eyeballing the ibts too but then i stumbled on the phiniacs and kinda went all out..... :D. It was one of those oooo shiny moments and that set up looks pimpalishious too....

13. Mogy

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Still no traking number email from phiniac.....

Mrs Antsy Pantsy

14. txcolt

Nov 10, 2013
    Plano, TX
    Any sign of your tank yet Mogy?

15. Mogy

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Not yet... I been staliking the site all it says in progress ... Is worst than christmas lol

16. txcolt

Nov 10, 2013
    Plano, TX
    Probably firing the glass in Mount Doom. That is not an easy task you know.

17. Mogy

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Oh I am sure It worth the wait.. They are upfront with it too on their webpage.. So it is not them it me.. My middle name is not patience lol. Specially when it has to do with new shinies

18. txcolt

Nov 10, 2013
    Plano, TX
    I feel your pain. I was supposed to pick up a Provari yesterday and it got pushed back until the 18th. Oh the joy.

19. Mogy

Aug 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Ouch!!!! That might be even tat worse as i have other gatgets to hold me juice...

My provari.. My precious :)

20. txcolt

Nov 10, 2013
    Plano, TX
    It's not that bad. I already have a Provari but it is lonely and needs a backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.