Phiniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I have to ask.... what is the tank tool for on Phiniac's site? It says it help for filling?

I am about to order either a Phiniac, or an IBTanked this week. This is my first time away from ProTanks and Vivi's so I have never used a cardo tank before. Is filling not as simple as taking the top cap off, filling it, and replacing the cap?

Sorry for the stupid question! :D

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I have to ask.... what is the tank tool for on Phiniac's site? It says it help for filling?

I am about to order either a Phiniac, or an IBTanked this week. This is my first time away from ProTanks and Vivi's so I have never used a cardo tank before. Is filling not as simple as taking the top cap off, filling it, and replacing the cap?

Sorry for the stupid question! :D

I just read the blog referenced on page 1 of this thread..... Sorry!! :vapor:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have never used a cardo tank before. Is filling not as simple as taking the top cap off, filling it, and replacing the cap?
Just to add to the information that's in the blog:

Its "carto" (cartomizer), not "cardo". ;)

You don't want to ever remove the top cap of the tank unless its for cleaning, and even then its not necessary to do so. Cartotanks work on the principle of negative pressure, or vacumm. Filling the tank with the top cap off presents problems. When you replace the cap, a lot of pressure from the liquid and air in the tank becomes compressed quickly. This forces the liquid to go where there is the least resistance, which is through the wick holes in the cartomizer, which can cause flooding of the cartomizer. Your perfectly primed cartomizer is then ruined.

IMHO, a carto tank tool is essentual if you use a cartotank. Not only does it make it much easier/faster to set up a cartotank, it saves your tank's o-rings from un-necessary trauma from the sharp edges of the cartomizer's top.

Having used the tank tools from Phiniac, IBTanked, and the Slap Yo Moma tool, the overwhelming favorite is the Slap Yo Moma.

SYM.JPG refil drip tip.jpg tank-tool-t.jpg

Above, Slap Yo Moma tool, IBTanked tool, and Phiniac tool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread