Phoenix + provari headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
What kind of wick you using TB? I think I actually prefer just plain ole 100% cotton mesh gauze. Not the rolled kind, it gets kind of messy but the 2x2's are great. Tried ss mesh and tried cotton rolled inside the ss mesh. Tried the ce2 style silica.

I must have missed that, can you, or someone else point me to a post that explains the MESH GAUZE?

Thank you

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
salt&PePPer" data-source="post: 7124445" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
salt&PePPer said:
I must have missed that, can you, or someone else point me to a post that explains the MESH GAUZE?

Thank you

Lol. I don't know what else to call it. It looks different than regular gauze that's kinda stringy. Here's a pic. Can see one on left is more "paper towel" looking. I'd watch though some of the gauze that looks like this will have rayon/polyester. Don't know if that's safe or not. Want it 100% cotton.
rerugega.jpg

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346812499.160793.jpg
After a few days trying different configurations with the ss mesh I think I've finally got it down. Takes me 6 wraps after oxidizing the ss 5 times to get a 1.9ohm coil just about every time. Seems to be easier to get hotspots on these when using the ss mesh compared to silica but the vapor is very clean and nice.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I've been searching around for this, but have only found the Rayon and Polyester (or whatever). Can you post a pic of the packaging or the like? I can work with the regular gauze, but it's kind of a pain, and this definitely looks nicer.

Lol. I don't know what else to call it. It looks different than regular gauze that's kinda stringy. Here's a pic. Can see one on left is more "paper towel" looking. I'd watch though some of the gauze that looks like this will have rayon/polyester. Don't know if that's safe or not. Want it 100% cotton.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I've been searching around for this, but have only found the Rayon and Polyester (or whatever). Can you post a pic of the packaging or the like? I can work with the regular gauze, but it's kind of a pain, and this definitely looks nicer.

Hmmm let me see if I can find it. I'm a nurse so I just swipe it from work and our packages are in bulk and don't say anything other than 100% cotton 2x2's. If nothing else I'll ask our supply lady where she gets it from.

Not exactly what I have but these are 4x4's and split for trachs but made the same. I think the key is searching for cotton sponge instead of gauze.

http://www.medline.com/product/Sterile-100-Cotton-Drain-Sponge/Sponges/Z05-PF00264

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread